• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iwantgames Projects: Ultimate

interested in an optimized HW OoT Link: images on post #534

• yes

Votes: 36 76.6%
  • no

Votes: 11 23.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
This looks .. so .. good, i'm just getting into maya but why cant you just take the smaller part of pm roy's hair and mirror it then shrink it a little bit, do a retexture and put it under the current hair to give it depth,alternatively i'm just a derp that doesent know what he's talking about. probably the latter.:129:
thanks, the reason why I am not using pm stuff is because I want this model to be 100% custom. as for what you said to do with the stuff that I would have gotten from the pm model, I already did that. I modeled a second layer to go on top of the first.

Hey, @ iwantgames iwantgames , are you the one who made the CSPs for that Hyrule Warriors Link pack? I made a ton of recolors for it and I wanted to make CSPs to go with them before it goes up on the vault, but I don't know how to get them to look... right.
no, the magical taco made them. (Taiko)

Out of curiosity, are you doing Awakening Roy in Smash 3 style? Even if not I'm sure S3C will get around to it eventually.

moar progress

will be adding a third layer to fill the empty space. after that I will do some vertexing so all the layers don't look the same from the back

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Looking good!
thanks

So I'm guessing not? I'd guess that this will be in the style of Brawl but you are on the Smash 3 team.
''ok''

I can't even deal right now. Roy looks so good, and he doesn't even have textures yet.
thanks, textures will make him look way better.

also progress may slow down drastically, gotta model the head and hands. I haven't been able to model a complete head ever since I first started custom modeling, and I never attempted to do hands yet. so I am not sure how long it will take to model these two things.

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
thanks
''ok''
Are you keeping it a secret or something then? It's fine if you are, I just don't know.
I think that modder talk for "stop asking." I myself am pretty sure it's gonna have S3 textures. IWG is on the Smash 3 team, right? (Maybe not? I dunno anymore) And he did say "Smash 3 is life."

Just saying.

Last edited:

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
that's not modder talk, I just like mind games.

I don't do textures for smash 3. i can't texture like them, still trying to learn. i only help out when I can with model stuff.

also, since everyone is busy with school and stuff I thought I do custom modeling to keep me busy until I can work on something.

Last edited:

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
that's not modder talk, I just like mind games.

I don't do textures for smash 3. i can't texture like them, still trying to learn. i only help out when I can with model stuff.

also, since everyone is busy with school and stuff I thought I do custom modeling to keep me busy until I can work on something.
Jesus Christ. I'm sticking by my original assumption until I see the final thing. The model is looking great, by the way. :o

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Last edited:

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
sorry about the lack of update

anyway, right now I am working on young link over toon link. because of the difference in proportion I am using a new process by Gamidame_K that will desync wifi. I just need to finish reconstructing his face so he can use texture expressions.

I believe that this is the only way for young link to work over toon link. from what I remembered link over toon link ports broke the grab. not sure if this was fixed or not

other than that, you guys will have to wait for the young link over link import I plan to do. you'll have to add him as a brawlex character though.

as for future plan, I have a lot of projects that i have started/shown. i am going to do them in the order of those that require the least amount of work to those that require the greatest amount of work. not in order, but these projects are:

awakening roy
hyrule warriors sheik
hyrule warriors Zelda
hyrule warriors ganondorf
hyrule warriors young link
hyrule warriors link costumes 2
sonic link dlc revamp
Marvel vs Capcom 3 cammy pack
Marvel vs Capcom 3 sakura pack
Metroid Other m samus pack
Metroid Other m zero suit samus revamp
Metroid Other m young samus
Metroid Other m young zss
ryu hayabusa costume pack (if demand for him is high)
deadpool over snake (if demand for him is high)
Marvel vs Capcom 3 evil ryu (if demand for him is high)

Last edited:

PrinceGal3n

Smash Journeyman

anyway, right now I am working on young link over toon link. because of the difference in proportion I am using a new process by Gamidame_K that will desync wifi. I just need to finish reconstructing his face so he can use texture expressions.

I believe that this is the only way for young link to work over toon link. from what I remembered link over toon link ports broke the grab. not sure if this was fixed or not

other than that, you guys will have to wait for the young link over link import I plan to do. you'll have to add him as a brawlex character though.

as for future plan, I have a lot of projects that i have started/shown. i am going to do them in the order of those that require the least amount of work to those that require the greatest amount of work. not in order, but these projects are:

awakening roy
hyrule warriors sheik
hyrule warriors Zelda
sonic link dlc revamp
I am really glad that you are doing the main Hyrule Warriors skins! I have been wanting Ganondorfs ever since I saw it.

Obskore

Smash Ace

awakening roy
hyrule warriors sheik
hyrule warriors Zelda
sonic link dlc revamp
as for the Other M Samus pack, what's going to be done to it exactly?
and about the MvC3 ones, those characters don't appear in the game, what does that mean? o:

cramazzratazz

Smash Apprentice
as excited as ive been for the multi-year hype for awakening roy, the possibility of getting the HW skins and majora mask toonlink is all just so great to imagine...

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
I am really glad that you are doing the main Hyrule Warriors skins! I have been wanting Ganondorfs ever since I saw it.
I think everyone has been wanting that skin after seeing his model. hopefully I can pull it off

I sure hope to see young Samus one day.
I should be working on her soon, I believe she is one of the easier projects I have to do

as for the Other M Samus pack, what's going to be done to it exactly?
and about the MvC3 ones, those characters don't appear in the game, what does that mean? o:
the other m samus pack, there are three different samus models that were exported from the game and uploaded to the model resource. a powersuit that was shown during the young samus cutscene, a beta gravity suit model, and the main suit used throughout the game. I have a pic of all three from when I was importing them a long time ago.

the first and second costumes won't have the thigh and shoulder pad lights. only the third costume will. in the pics I used the third costume as a base and switched out the chest plates for the extra two versions. this was done when I first started character importing.

as for MvC3 sakura and cammy, sonicunderground used pieces of other models from the game to make them. pics of the models can be found on this thread from brawl vault: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=59197.msg1238201#msg1238201

as excited as ive been for the multi-year hype for awakening roy, the possibility of getting the HW skins and majora mask toonlink is all just so great to imagine...
lol, yeah. it's been a long time since I first showed the pm vertexed version.

Looking forward to that Roy. Gotta replace PM Roy.

Wait, what?!
Doesn't looks like it, so...wow...
yeah, no textures. max has an option to change color of objects so I changed them for a better visual of the model

as for progress, young link should be done soon-ish. I just need to finish up the rig, model and add his bomb bracelets to avoid the twist of death in animations, go through every animation and edit the transformsomethingoption in the fitpac, and ask taiko for some HD textures for his expressions. after that it's just minor stuff that won't take long.

I had a lot to post so hopefully there aren't too many errors or unexplained things.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
the other m samus pack, there are three different samus models that were exported from the game and uploaded to the model resource. a powersuit that was shown during the young samus cutscene, a beta gravity suit model, and the main suit used throughout the game. I have a pic of all three from when I was importing them a long time ago.

the first and second costumes won't have the thigh and shoulder pad lights. only the third costume will. in the pics I used the third costume as a base and switched out the chest plates for the extra two versions. this was done when I first started character importing.
Wait, this is Gravity Suit, isn't it? Because only Gravity Suit had those green lines (well, they were yellow and they had purple light around them, but thats not really the point). Other suits just had black material in those places (outside of few places like gun and chest). And are you using real-time cutscene models or normal models? Either way, can't wait for it.
yeah, no textures. max has an option to change color of objects so I changed them for a better visual of the model
Awesome.

ZSel

Smash Rookie
Wah, this hyrule warrior sheik looks so fcking nice. Can't wait for her *--*
Do you know approximatively when she'll be done (it seemed me almost finished to me) ?
(Read that you're doing young link first, who is really cool too btw)
Anyway nice job man ^^

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Since you're working on Young Link now, I'd like to request that you make a version without the mask on the side of his head (if possible). Personally I find it a bit distracting but love the rest.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Wait, this is Gravity Suit, isn't it? Because only Gravity Suit had those green lines (well, they were yellow and they had purple light around them, but thats not really the point). Other suits just had black material in those places (outside of few places like gun and chest). And are you using real-time cutscene models or normal models? Either way, can't wait for it.

Awesome.
the in game gravity suit uses the original suit with the purple outline and different light colors. the gravity model i am importing is an unused model.

Wah, this hyrule warrior sheik looks so ***ing nice. Can't wait for her *--*
Do you know approximatively when she'll be done (it seemed me almost finished to me) ?
(Read that you're doing young link first, who is really cool too btw)
Anyway nice job man ^^
I don't and never will have an approximate release date. they aren't and won't be met so there's no point in giving them. all that i can and will say is soon

Since you're working on Young Link now, I'd like to request that you make a version without the mask on the side of his head (if possible). Personally I find it a bit distracting but love the rest.
it's a separate object, for anyone that doesn't want it on you can easily remove it in BB. including that version in the download would increase the download size. there are already 2 different versions of him, deku shield and hero shield. No masks will make 4 versions of him.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
it's a separate object, for anyone that doesn't want it on you can easily remove it in BB. including that version in the download would increase the download size. there are already 2 different versions of him, deku shield and hero shield. No masks will make 4 versions of him.
Okay, that makes sense. What would I have to do to remove it once it's released?

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Okay, that makes sense. What would I have to do to remove it once it's released?

in case you need me to explain:

- expand your model
- expand the object folder
- find the object you want to delete
- right click and delete or press ctrl and the delete button on your keyboard

the name of the masks will be "kitty" and "deity"

i'm also about to get all of my projects started so I can transition between them quickly, will have pics later.

NXero

Smash Apprentice
I want pretty much everything on your list (the Nintendo stuff), but the ones I want the most are Sheik and Roy. I haven't played M:OM, but with young Samus do you mean the short-haired version in the casual outfit?

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Weird. I thought it was the one that was used. Has been using it for a while and didn't know that.
nope, I went ahead and checked some screens from the web to be sure. the gravity model I am importing is a beta/unused model

I want pretty much everything on your list (the Nintendo stuff), but the ones I want the most are Sheik and Roy. I haven't played M:OM, but with young Samus do you mean the short-haired version in the casual outfit?
yes

I got the Metroid Other M stuff started:

samus

zero suit samus

ignore zero suit samus' legs near the ankles, had to make her the same height as young samus. so for now I just vertexed it up starting from the bottom

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
nope, I went ahead and checked some screens from the web to be sure. the gravity model I am importing is a beta/unused model
IMO, should have used this one.
Oh, btw, will it have its own FS arm cannon model? Another nice thing to have would be it having Other M shadow model instead of Brawl one, but nobody will really notice the difference.

Juken

Smash Ace
If I were you, I'd have that Other M Zero Suit low on the priority list since there's already a bunch of quality mods of that. That top Samus clothed costume is a pretty rare one though.

Top Bottom