• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ivysaur Graphics Bug/Unrelated SFX Bug

Zeldastriker

Smash Apprentice
Whenever Ivysaur has a charged Solarbeam ready (this happens with it both fully charged and partially charged) and gets either star-KO'd or screen-KO'd, the gfx for the Solarbeam bulb don't match up correctly with Ivysaur's model. I've uploaded a video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4eA-EZ0xks

Two things to note:
1. I only tested this in Flat Zone 2, so it may or may not happen on other stages
2. This was played on Dolphin, so if someone on console could confirm/disprove this, that would be appreciated, since it may be a Dolphin-specific bug.

The unrelated SFX bug is: Roy and Mewtwo still have voices when they are metal even though they should only have SFX.

SmashFighter64

Smash Cadet
This isn't a graphics bug. This issue always happens everytime someone gets Star KO'd/Screen KO'd in a flat stage (Flat Zone 2 and Hanenbow). The same thing happens to the flame on Charizard's tail, the beacon on Olimar's antenna, the aura on Lucario's palms, the sparks on Lucas's hand after using Offensive Up, etc. This issue also happens on the Wii U and the Wii.

Zeldastriker

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the confirmation/added information. Is this a vBrawl problem as well, or was it introduced in Project M?

SmashFighter64

Smash Cadet
This issue was first introduced in vBrawl. I think the main reason would be because the graphic effects aren't aligned with characters as they fly away in the background of Flat Zone 2 or Hanenbow. In short, the graphic and star effect stay in the foreground while the character flies off in the background.

Top Bottom