• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ivysaur evolves to battle! Venusaur for smash!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Venusaur

What if Sakurai needs to cut a character but it's moveset is the most unique of all characters? What if this character is the only quadrupedal? The only plant user? This character, unfourtunatelly is Ivysaur. If his moveset is going to be given to other guy, this character is Venusaur. Yeah, I thinks this is the only shot Venusaur has...

"Venusaur is a squat, quadruped Pokémon with bumpy, bluish green skin. It has small, circular red eyes, two pointed teeth on its upper jaw, and four pointed teeth on its lower jaw. It has three clawed toes on each foot. The bud on its back has bloomed in a large pink, white-spotted flower. The flower is supported by a thick, brown trunk surrounded by green fronds. A female Venusaur will have a seed in the center of its flower.

As Mega Venusaur, the flower on its back grows larger and two new pink flowers bloom, one on its forehead and one on its rear. Additional leaves with woody stems are grown around the flower that are supported by vines that grow from the base of the flower. Mega Venusaur also develops darker patches of color on its forehead below the new bloom. Its legs and frame also become more sturdy to support the weight of the flower.

Venusaur uses its flower to catch the sun's rays to convert them into energy, which causes the flower to take on colors that are more vibrant. The flower releases a soothing scent that attracts Pokémon. This scent becomes stronger after a rainy day. " -Bulbapedia

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'd rather just keep Squirtle and Ivysaur.
Though either way, it would be the BIGGEST travesty to smash to have Venusaur, Charizard, and then... Greninja.

Legitimately devastating. It would actually enrage me. Cannot think of anything, ANYTHING that would do quite that.

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I would honestly rather have Ivysaur, if included as DLC, be reskinned as bulbasaur.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Ivysaur envolving at anything would be weird. Especially at Venusaur.

Now, evolving, though? "Ivysaur Evolves to Battle! Venusaur for Smash" would make plenty of sense.

*Cough* Fix the title.

Last edited:

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Only if ivy, bolba, blastoise, squirtle, warturtle, charmander and charmeleon also appear :p

sandslash

Smash Apprentice
I would like Ivysaur but Venasaur would be a cool addition to gameplay. I heavyweight that uses more of a spacing game and projectile moveset. I would be ok with either but I really enjoyed ivysaur.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I'd prefer Ivysaur, mostly because I can't envision Venusaur using the bulb-based Up-Attacks that I loved Ivysaur for.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I love it and I'd be in full support of it.

It screams a Lucina/Robin scenario where Charizard and Venusaur get in, and Blastoise gets left behind.... and honestly I love all three, but Charizard and Venusaur are my my favorites of the three.

and after that death battle it's poetic justice for Blastoise to get left behind like the cheap-cheap cheating turtle he is.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I love it and I'd be in full support of it.

It screams a Lucina/Robin scenario where Charizard and Venusaur get in, and Blastoise gets left behind.... and honestly I love all three, but Charizard and Venusaur are my my favorites of the three.

and after that death battle it's poetic justice for Blastoise to get left behind like the cheap-cheap cheating turtle he is.
Sorry dude, epic fail on that comparison.

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
I'd prefer Ivysaur, mostly because I can't envision Venusaur using the bulb-based Up-Attacks that I loved Ivysaur for.
Agree with the above. Venusaur simply can't pull the same moves as Ivy. If we get a different 'mon from the same evolutionary line, I'm guessing it'll be Bulbasaur. Which isn't even necessary, because Ivy is a veterean which gives her an advantage.

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
I would much rather have bulbasaur, due to his smaller size and still having a bulb. Venusaur just seems too big (inb4 Ridley jokes) as a smash quadruped. He just seems like he would take up too much stage room. Venusaur would also lose several moves due to lack of bulb. Bulbasaur would've a great lightweight fighter. I dunno, I feel like Venusaur has a less chance of appearing than Bulbasaur and Ivysaur...

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I actually thought it'd be cool if he came back as Bulbasaur. His stats would need literally no change since they're nearly the same size.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I'm actually totally behind this on the condition that Blastoise joins too. I'd rather just have the Pokémon Trainer back with his Brawl roster, but since that's not happening, the next best thing would be to have the original 3 starters' final forms all together in the same fighting game. Count me in. Venusaur could be awesome. A heavyweight quadruped with a great zoning game would basically be a playable tank. Venusaur could easily borrow half of Ivysaur's moveset while also bringing some new moves of its own.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Count me on the few supporters of this because I always wanted Venusaur over his pre-evos. And he could easily be worked with Ivysaurs but a heavyweight.
Now, this would make Blastoise's inclusion a must too, to make things even with the Pokemon Trainer Pokemons. Blastoise could work Squirtles moveset too; even though he would be another heavyweight and that seems repetitive.
In conclusion: I want one of my starters playable darn it!.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Should I assist with the :003: supporters?:troll:

But seriously, I surfed the new threads & saw this, needing to post something. It dawned on me for wishful thinking about the weight balance between :4charizard: & :4greninja: the other day. :4greninja: by the trailer is light, & fast-paced fighting while :4charizard: in Sm4sh, is still vague needing more footage of his game-play but am going to assume he's still heavy-ish. Taking a better yet less-relevant :charizard: from Brawl, he was considered a heavy weight being in the top 5 of heaviest around that of :bowser2::dedede::dk2::ganondorf: & :snake:. He was a mixed fighter with both fair on the ground & in the air, but more noted of being grounded due to his 2nd longest reaching grab in Brawl. If :003: was even an idea,:idea: :4charizard: would be the middleweight with a hint of heavy, making :003: the very heavyweight being in the top weight class with :4bowser::4dk::4dedede: & maybe :4myfriends:.
But there's a lot of distaste towards :003: for :ivysaur: reasons, me being a little distasteful myself. However the idea of :003: & even the first grass starter in Pokemon history in Smash has been plausible since Smash Brothers 64. Every fully evolved Gen 1 starter has been in Smash Bros.. If they've made an appearance as something in Smash Bros., then it's not improbable.
Put me in the support list despite all the controversy :003: gets. A much heavier :ivysaur:that would play similar sounds sick, & would be joy to my world, the seed has sprout. grass puns & christmas music remix would be amazing.

Edit: Your Venusaur OP doesn't do enough sceptile percentile of hype. How about some images of Venusaur from past smash games to solidify your reasoning to the potential :003: fans who are waiting to pounce on your list?:shades:

Last edited:

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
I could see Venusaur and Blastoise be DLC characters actually. Now THAT would be a thing!

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
To be completely honest, I don't think this guy has any shot in Smash. Ivysaur might appear as DLC, but I can't see this ever happening. If this was to happen, why not show either Venusaur and Blastoise/Ivysaur and Squirtle in the Greninja trailer?

Sorry, but I think it's Ivysaur or bust, and seeing as Ivysaur is just about cut, Venusaur doesn't have much of a chance..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom