• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

i've played brawl for two days

ARandomFox

Smash Rookie
and i don't like it. I don't like how people can't die easily, no advance techniques, everyone's so floaty, can't combo easily. is anybody else going to go back to melee?

Shapechanger

Smash Apprentice
I'll admit, the pace is much slower. But to me, that only means that the strategy and tactics become a stronger part of the game.

Also, just because we haven't found any "advanced techniques" yet, doesn't mean they don't exist. The little dash dance spin to bair while running forwards thing counts in my book.

NDUDE

Smash Ace
and i don't like it. I don't like how people can't die easily, no advance techniques, everyone's so floaty, can't combo easily. is anybody else going to go back to melee?
- 2 days =/= fair judgment. You probably haven't even mastered a single character.
- Can't die easily? Is an average of 150% not enough for you?
- No advanced techs...Come on, Melee didn't use some of the tactics in SSB64...
- Fast fall. Is that so hard?
- Can't combo? As I said, you haven't mastered anyone. Pit, Fox, and Captain Falcon, I've noticed, can have great combos.

Eggm

Smash Hero
I feel the same way a large majority of the nj/pa area also feel this way, we are having a decently sized melee tournament on the 22nd.

Zian

Smash Cadet
I didn't at all either man, but now I love it. I had some trouble with the adjustments at first but now it feels more rewarding to land my falcon knee of death. As for combos, I've seen some sick *** ones on utube, they exist. And online, if you use this board to find friends and matches and don't do random free for alls; it works out good, I've had some intense matches.

So basically screw you and blow me. Melee's as dead as smash 64.

Mikezor

Smash Journeyman
Although most of what you said is true, Brawl is a breath of fresh air and I enjoy it. Melee is still fun. There is a Melee discussion part of the site though, you should check there even if this is an alternate account or an attempt at trolling.

Moose Of Woe

Smash Cadet
Well, I like Brawl. If only because 5 characters don't essentially dominate the game. (Yet)

People can't combo? Well, as much fun as it was to play as Link in Melee, get hit once by a C. Falcon/Shiek/Marth/Fox/Falco and get spammed of the stage with no chance of reprieve, it's a lot more fun this way.

You can still combo to a small extent, just nowhere near to the absurd amount Melee had. Slow/mildly slow characters can now actually....fight back when you hit them for the most part.

Teef And Claws

Smash Rookie
Brawl Is great, there are probally going to be many things hidden in this Godly package. Small things can really speed up the gameplay if you use them correctly.

boxelder

Smash Apprentice
It's funny how almost no one plays Star Fox now that he's not overpowered. Melee is old, AND BUSTED. Brawl seems to have much more balance and variety. The stages are better the characters are better, the jumping is...different.

The bottom line is it's just fun.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
Even if I haven't played Brawl (yet), I can assume that you're searching for things to complain about. You're not the first one, and you surely don't deserve your own thread, let alone this is your first post. Why not choose some better introduction like in Meet & Greet? I'm not going to say you're a troll, it's only your opinion, but you try too hard to find the hair in your soup. Besides, isn't there an official complaint thread by SamuraiPanda? I suggest using that one. thank you! And enjoy your stay here at SWF! (although it's been going downhill for quite some time now)

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
To me, it's not even "Much" slower, and I got used to it fairly quickly. Also the balancing makes a great difference to me. Ness is great :D

It's not as painfully slow as people say. It's not as big a difference as between Melee/64

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
I don't understand why people say there are no combos in Brawl.

Metaknight and Pit can do combos with an ease like nothing else I've ever seen in Smash. R.O.B. has extremely nasty dash/up-tilt/up-smash/uair/fair combos. I've been doing some nasty stuff with Lucario. I don't understand this "lack of combos".

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Lots of people still play Fox as he's still a VERY good character. There are already plenty of advanced techniques and combos to be found, most of them are character-specific, so nobody really pays attention to them because they're all too busy bawwwwwing about lack of universal advanced techs.

Seriously, have you seen Squirtle's Hydroplaning AT? It's like a super wavedash but cooler.

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
1. You mean 100% is too much damage to be dying at?
2. Why the hell would there be advanced techniques? It took years to find wavedashing and l-canceling in Melee.
3. They're not that floaty. Honestly, I baely noticed anything in the transition from Melee.
4. You can't combo? You must be an epic failure at this game. I pulled an 18 move combo in Training Mode with Link yesterday, and you really can't combo?

LucidDreamGod

Smash Cadet
Brawl is actually very similer to melee to me, maybe I just never payed attention, the first match I played I thought that I might not like it, but I like it better then melee now, and if anyone actually complains about tripping well theres not much to complain about you trip for like 1 secound, I've never in my many hours of playing time been triped and hit hard in the face for it. In fact I didn't notice it for the longest time, after like 6 hours of playing I noticed my character trip out of nowhere, and just laughed, and he got back up in like a secound.

Also it's true combos may not be as easy in brawl as they were in melee but they can still combo and often even with a combo they could break out of it and give me a good hit in the face, I am just as good as dodging over and over again intill I get behind them or in a good position to hit them. but it may be just because I'm not as good with the characters in brawl as I was with melee.

Jael Irish

Smash Apprentice
How does someone respond to this type of topic? A person registers in Nov of 07, does not post at all until now and his/her first impression post basically boiled down says...

"I hate Brawl because I am not good at it *HUFF*"

NukeA6

Smash Master
Can't die easy? It looks people die easier but it's probably because I have items on. And no, I'm not going back to Melee (I don't even have it anymore).

LoVer

Smash Cadet
1. People die just fine if you don't spam moves

2. the game is better without the techs

3. melee is a thing of the past

Top Bottom