• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I've converted!

Maniak

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xoxMANIAKxox
I joined this site and this community because of smash 4 as well as seeing high level melee at Evo. I was a strict Capcom fighter. I bought smash 4 cause I wanted to give smash a try. I got hooked on the concept but wanted more advanced techniques and tactics. Now I bought a gamecube just to play melee. Best decision ever. Now I see why people love this game so much. There is so much depth, so much to learn. Just wanted to say I went from strictly capcom games to loving melee most of all. This truely is a great game. Im sticking with melee. Thanks

AirFair

Marth tho
It's great to have you! learning and getting great at this game takes work, but it is amazing when you see what the payoff of that can be. I love this game and I am so glad that you can see it that way too.

Roukiske

Smash Journeyman
Welcome! Now after playing the game extensively you can be a Capcom player who actually makes educated comments about the game! That being said there's no reason you should stop playing your other games too in case you were going to. I pop in my SF, GG, and Mahvel along side Melee and Smash4 pretty often.

Last edited:

fatman667

Smash Journeyman
Haha, funny thing is that I'm a Melee player converting to Guilty Gear right now, but Melee is still my secondary main game. I just find the matchups in Guilty Gear to be a lot more fun tbh, but mechanics in Melee is more fun for sure.

Radirgy

Smash Apprentice
Guilty Gear is the best fighting game for Melee players to play, it's so stupidly fast and aggressive.

Maniak

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xoxMANIAKxox
Thanks guys. I was always a rush down player. I played Guy in SF series (run stop pressure etc) and Yun. Also loved Marvel for its speed. Now melee's rush down is my kind of game. Plus I like learning tech skill. So playing Fox gives me a lot to learn and catch up on.
My time is very limited so I can only play and dedicate time to one game.

Last edited:

Coruscare

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3754-8620-2018
Melee is the closest Smash engines have come to perfection.

Top Bottom