• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ITT we guess what causes tripping in Brawl.

holypho

Smash Apprentice
tripping was invented because sakurai thought it would be funny to spawn invisible bananas on random places on a stage -_-.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Every time someone trips, a light lights up at Sakurai's office and he smiles a knowing grin.

SuperScizor

Smash Cadet
Tripping doesn't happen to me enough to make a big deal. For the most part tripping saves me from dying. I'd have to say though, it's not really necessary

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
In Brawl, the grounds aren't really that smooth. It's like trying to run all over pot holes and stuff, you're bound to fall.

ALF

Smash Cadet
It's from people stumbling over all the dents Ganondorf players leave around from thunderstorming.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
It's from people stumbling over all the dents Ganondorf players leave around from thunderstorming.
Or the dents that metaknight uses when he tornado's across the stage.....I swear there should be a ditch at the center of FD right now o.O

AKC12

Smash Journeyman
The Citizens of Dreamland go to the uninhibited Fountain of Dreams and to punish the game for not including it, they wish for characters to trip using the real Star Rod.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
It's from the new "realistic" graphics. It's almost like Sakurai thinks that if people were hopping around ruins, sky lands, and flying ships that crash that we'll trip at some point. How silly.

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
It's from the new "realistic" graphics. It's almost like Sakurai thinks that if people were hopping around ruins, sky lands, and flying ships that crash that we'll trip at some point. How silly.

^this

he wanted it to be realistic so he added tripping. Bowel Movements for SSB4 anyone?

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
Sakurai's probably the only person that made Sonic trip for the first time

Also try to imagine playing Sonic Unleashed with tripping O.O

theunabletable

Smash Lord
To be honest, the tripping isn't that much worse than phantom hits in Melee.

Yesterday my friend got mad when in a friendly he rested me, and it was a phantom hit and I got a free kill.

Zephil

Smash Ace
but phantom is a glitch... tripping is an evil creation of Sakurai to destroys all the possibilities of having a balance fighting game

SuperScizor

Smash Cadet
I think the only point of tripping was to prevent n00bs from getting owned by cheap combos... but the lack of hitstun already does that. Yes tripping is very unnecessary, but it never happens to me enough for me to really care.

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
Tripping is a glitch like wavedashing. Professional Brawlers wouldn't be as good as they are now if there was no tripping. It ruins the game because of how much technical skill it requires. More than Metaknight, tripping is the game mechanic that plagues Brawl. We should ban it completely. In fact, whenever I play with my group of friends, we softban tripping.

Hansel34

Smash Cadet
So... One time i was playing my friend and i mindgamed him into snakes fsmash.... He trips T.T

wiitubeaccount

Smash Apprentice
i find combos fun even if i am the one being comboed in melee. you can us di to make it harder for you opponent anyway. Also, combos are not cheap. You get comboed for making mistakes and for not knowing the combos that can be done to your character. TRIPPING for stopping combos was so stupid in brawl they already made dashing and movement in brawl more , well stupid.

wiitubeaccount

Smash Apprentice
Tripping is a glitch like wavedashing. Professional Brawlers wouldn't be as good as they are now if there was no tripping. It ruins the game because of how much technical skill it requires. More than Metaknight, tripping is the game mechanic that plagues Brawl. We should ban it completely. In fact, whenever I play with my group of friends, we softban tripping.
tripping is a stupid glitch that makes the game stupider and dashing gayer, wavedashing(glitch or not) made melee more fluid, dynamic, and awsome!

Jonas

Smash Champion
^this

he wanted it to be realistic so he added tripping. Bowel Movements for SSB4 anyone?
Yeah...
But I mean.. You have all these awesome super hero characters that can do all this crazy stuff, and yet they can't even run without tripping sometimes. Is the floor just totally slippery or what?

But anyway, for the next Smash Bros. I want the characters to bruise their elbows some of the times they trip.

UltraPuff

Smash Apprentice
Yeah...
But I mean.. You have all these awesome super hero characters that can do all this crazy stuff, and yet they can't even run without tripping sometimes. Is the floor just totally slippery or what?

But anyway, for the next Smash Bros. I want the characters to bruise their elbows some of the times they trip.

:falcon:
Pshh... at least he didn't say knee.

Jonas

Smash Champion
:falcon:
Pshh... at least he didn't say knee.
When Captain Falcon trips, the floor gets bruised.
but phantom is a glitch... tripping is an evil creation of Sakurai to destroys all the possibilities of having a balance fighting game
I'm pretty sure phantom hits are intentional. I think it's when hitboxes juuuust touch each other but don't overlap. See glancing blows in Brawl, basically the same as phantom hits, but they don't do damage.

Top Bottom