• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS ITT: Post weird glitches you've found in Smash 3DS

Dairantō Smash Brothers

Smash Historian
NNID
UltraMariio
3DS FC
2638-0093-3000
Idk if there's a thread for this or not, but here it is.

Well, for one thing, whenever I pause in the Reset Bomb Fortress (and some other stages I think. not positive), the music randomly stops too. It's kinda distracting tbh. :p

Also, for some odd reason, I guess because I've played 7.9 difficulty so much, the game merged the monster thing in the difficulty select or whatever and is trying to tell me to play 8.0. xP

See that blur behind the monster thing? That's what I'm talking about. :p

Starman15

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RobotTurtle5000
3DS FC
3136-7638-2428
Switch FC
SW-2901-3121-3539

Well, for one thing, whenever I pause in the Reset Bomb Fortress (and some other stages I think. not positive), the music randomly stops too. It's kinda distracting tbh. :p

Also, for some odd reason, I guess because I've played 7.9 difficulty so much, the game merged the monster thing in the difficulty select or whatever and is trying to tell me to play 8.0. xP

The music for Reset Bomb Forest stops because the music is supposed to tie-in with the events of the stage.

Starman15

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RobotTurtle5000
3DS FC
3136-7638-2428
Switch FC
SW-2901-3121-3539
Once I was playing as Shulk on 3D Land and when I got to the part with the rotating blocks I did a back slash and went straight through the platform and died.

Dairantō Smash Brothers

Smash Historian
NNID
UltraMariio
3DS FC
2638-0093-3000
The music for Reset Bomb Forest stops because the music is supposed to tie-in with the events of the stage.
Oh, I see. Well it's still pretty distracting too me. :p
Once I was playing as Shulk on 3D Land and when I got to the part with the rotating blocks I did a back slash and went straight through the platform and died.
I've heard someone having similar problems when using Warp with Meta Knight.

HYP3R

Smash Lord
I was minding my own business on for glory playing a japanese meta knight when all of a sudden I became his character and name. I never picked meta knight. Also my name got transferred over to player 2. It disconnected with a communication error so I wasn't able to "fight myself" unfortunately. I wasn't doing anything weird at all to be able to replicate it, I will just assume a server issue. Still funny though.

Dairantō Smash Brothers

Smash Historian
NNID
UltraMariio
3DS FC
2638-0093-3000
I was minding my own business on for glory playing a japanese meta knight when all of a sudden I became his character and name. I never picked meta knight. Also my name got transferred over to player 2. It disconnected with a communication error so I wasn't able to "fight myself" unfortunately. I wasn't doing anything weird at all to be able to replicate it, I will just assume a server issue. Still funny though.

Huh, I think something almost similar happened to me. I was playing online, but then I saw someone with the exact same player name as me. Then, it quickly changed to their name. It was weird. :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

HI! Well, the other day, I was playing Smash 4 with a friend and we were on the Distant Planet stage, everything was going fine but something weird then happened. We were just fooling around and I grabbed one of those pellet things from the flowers that pop up. The weird thing: when i threw one in the opposite direction from my friend's character, the pellet then like, legit speeded towards her. It was like the pellet locked on a target and shot straight at her xD Anyway, does anyone know why that happened? o:

Last edited by a moderator:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
HI! Well, the other day, I was playing Smash 4 with a friend and we were on the Distant Planet stage, everything was going fine but something weird then happened. We were just fooling around and I grabbed one of those pellet things from the flowers that pop up. The weird thing: when i threw one in the opposite direction from my friend's character, the pellet then like, legit speeded towards her. It was like the pellet locked on a target and shot straight at her xD Anyway, does anyone know why that happened? o:
While I don't know what happened, I've seen this glitch before. Somebody threw a bomb upwards as Link, and it targeted Peach and flew across the map at her.

Jigglypumped

Smash Cadet
I've seen characters get stuck halfway in platforms on the Pac-Man stage and a few others.

Also during Trophy Rush once I crouched and instead went straight through the platform.

Fun times.

pegguinni128

Smash Cadet
NNID
pegg128
I was playing on Distant Planet, and I was playing as Bowser. I grabbed a smash ball, but I decided to waste it by just hanging on the ledge. My friends were furious, but we found a hilarious glitch where if the Bulborb closes his mouth while you're hanging onto the ledge, You hang on the air. and if you try to get off of the "air" ledge, it acts as if you were hanging onto the main ledge and teleports you back up there. Another thing is that if your final smash runs out during this, you will be transformed back, but oddly in the position of the "air" ledge.

vypex

Smash Cadet
Was playing 1v1 and was literally playing training session before match for 15 minutes before i decided to hit wifi button to boot me, could see my opponents name and it was on selecting the whole time, didn't boot me or give me new opponent.

Dairantō Smash Brothers

Smash Historian
NNID
UltraMariio
3DS FC
2638-0093-3000
Was playing 1v1 and was literally playing training session before match for 15 minutes before i decided to hit wifi button to boot me, could see my opponents name and it was on selecting the whole time, didn't boot me or give me new opponent.
Must be an internet problem because one time I was in the training room (or whatever it's called) and was waiting fot the match to begin, but I waited for a minute and nothing happened, and I was stuck.

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
While I don't know what happened, I've seen this glitch before. Somebody threw a bomb upwards as Link, and it targeted Peach and flew across the map at her.
This sounds so completely hilarious for some reason. Just.. bomb suddenly homes in on someone, flies across the stage. Terrifying, but funny.

Anyways.
Edit: Disregard my whole post, to anyone who may have read this, lol. I'm an idiot who never looked at conquest before to know that you just complete battles while in With Anyone. Still a bit weird how it just failed to load the progress for me the first time. Ah, I feel dumb.

Last edited:

Dairantō Smash Brothers

Smash Historian
NNID
UltraMariio
3DS FC
2638-0093-3000
OMG guys, so the weirdest glitch just happened to me while I was playing as Kirby in All-Star mode. One minute, I'm playing as Kirby, and then all of a sudden he vanished and I'm playing as an invisible Kirby! o_O

EDIT: Also, he came back when I used his Stone move.

Sorry I couldn't get a better pic, but Fox, Meta Knight, and Falco were trying to kill me while I was taking the pic, so I rushed a little bit.

Last edited:

HewhosmasheS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
balmerZZZ91
3DS FC
2036-7682-0346
Ii don't know if anybody else has experience this but in rare situations when playing against ppl we have both grab the same ledge

Dairantō Smash Brothers

Smash Historian
NNID
UltraMariio
3DS FC
2638-0093-3000
Ii don't know if anybody else has experience this but in rare situations when playing against ppl we have both grab the same ledge
Well idk about that one, but there as no edge hogging in this game, so it might be a glitch in the mechanics, because whenever somebody tries to get on the edge someone's on, it automatically pops the other player off.

Dairantō Smash Brothers

Smash Historian
NNID
UltraMariio
3DS FC
2638-0093-3000
Well guys, it happened again! It must have something to do with how your hat disappears after the character's portrait disappears from the bottom screen in all-star. It happens when ever I KO Sonic with the Homing Attack, I think.

Belgrim

Smash Apprentice
Some popular trending glitches: Marth counter, Gordo stuck to dedede, half of yoshi's custom moves, yoshi swallowing the last fighter in multi man smash and making them bigger.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Whenever I finish a match and the "Ready for the next Battle" message appears, the stage that I was just playing on shows up in the background for a brief second before going back to the CSS.

HewhosmasheS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
balmerZZZ91
3DS FC
2036-7682-0346
@ Sari Sari that's heppens to me too be I didn't seeing this happened until the new patch came out

D

Deleted member

One time in For Glory, I was fighting a King Dedede and I knocked a Gordo back at him or I hit him just as he was about to throw the Gordo. Instead of de-spawning like it should when a Gordo lands a hit, the Gordo was inside King Dedede. It didn't make him invincible and the Gordo didn't have any hitboxes. The weirdest thing was that the game still considered the Gordo to be in-use or still on the field, so the game wouldn't allow the King Dedede player to throw another Gordo as it was still attached to him. If he tried to throw a Gordo, he would simply swing his hammer. It was pretty funny!

That happened to me once. I was Luigi and I was fighting against a Ganondorf. Next thing I know, I am that Ganondorf! I turned off my 3DS when that happened. I was petrified.

Elixir Soup

Smash Cadet
NNID
Stickkid12
3DS FC
5069-4931-8546
One time I was playing on the Corneria stage, then I just fell straight through the ship and died. Which was really annoying because I was on Classic mode. :(

Truly779

Smash Rookie
NNID
Wizard79
3DS FC
2277-6743-0392

I sort of had a glitch like that with the sound. I was playing smash run and it was playing brinstar music but when i entered a door it was the survive challenge with the skull thing(kid icarus?) after that the music stopped for the rest of smash run but it played the victory themes and then everything was normal. UNTIL I played a smash game. Most music transition stages had no music at all. Yoshi's popped in ever other transition then stopped every other transiton. Same with 3d and paper mario only for those the first song played then the others were silent and for those the victory themes did not play. It's fixed by resetting the game so it's not a huge problem but it was creepy 0-0

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
When two people grab the ledge at the same frame (Which happens a lot), one of them gets kicked randomly. Which is a problem when i'm using Marth and was about to counter the recoverer, I just lose a stock because of another glitch that after getting ledge trumped, countering will send you flying to the blastline.

Top Bottom