• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

It's the "So Long Ness" Monster of an update

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
The title of this thread should be "It's the 'So Long Ness' Mother of an update"...

That would be a lot more clever.

Hippochinfat

Smash Ace
dr. mario does have a chane of returning you idiot, I don't even like him but hey he still has a chance of returning

all clones have 50/50 chances wheter you like it or not.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
dr. mario does have a chane of returning you idiot, I don't even like him but hey he still has a chance of returning

uhmmm...wow.....someone needs to take a happy pill ...

EDIT and the only way clones can have a good chance of coming back is if they change their moves sets........which also wont happen to neither Lucas nor Ness hbecause they are in fact NOT clones (^^)v

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
uhmmm...wow.....someone needs to take a happy pill ...

EDIT and the only way clones can have a good chance of coming back is if they change their moves sets........which also wont happen to neither Lucas nor Ness hbecause they are in fact NOT clones (^^)v
they arnt clones in the same sense as doctor mario's pills arnt clones of mario's fire balls.(meaning a clone in a very noticable way)

face it, lucas was made extremely close to ness's moveset(special wise). why would a new comer get a move set so freaking similar? while also being revialed first?!?! face it ness=out lucas=in, its that simple.

Kraid Guy

Smash Lord
I am a minion of Ridley and live on the Space Pira
they arnt clones in the same sense as doctor mario's pills arnt clones of mario's fire balls.(meaning a clone in a very noticable way)

face it, lucas was made extremely close to ness's moveset(special wise). why would a new comer get a move set so freaking similar? while also being revialed first?!?! face it ness=out lucas=in, its that simple.
Yes, feed them more of this, they need it. They are denying whatever comes out of Sakurai's mouth, and don't want to admit that Lucas has replaced Ness. Give us some facts, not opinions, guys! Lucas has Ness's Special moves (not his smash moves, they don't count), and don't say that they're altered in small ways, because that's just plain stupid. The forms of their smash attacks don't matter either! Mario and Luigi were clones, but their smash attacks looked different. LOOKED different. Acept the truth, Ness is out, Lucas is the new one.

Nj Hudz

Smash Apprentice
Yes, I louv how he's out. LUCAS IS BETTER, GET USED TO IT PEOPLE!!!!!

Stop double posting.
I posted that before i knew i could edit. SO STOP, EVERYONE DOUBLE POSTS SOMETIMES AND I STOPPED!!!!!!! >:-(

fighterkirby7

Smash Journeyman

NO!!! DOC HAS NO CHANCE!!!

its not only because he has a clone moveset,he IS MARIO HIMSELF! hes COMPLETALY clone
and it would be dificult to make an original moveset for him. understood?:cool:

EDIT:oh and me thinks:that pichu will be out,no dobut
roy will be out BUT has still some chance of returning
young link will be in but with a WW style (FACE IT!)
and really some clones have a 50/50 chance

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Yes, feed them more of this, they need it. They are denying whatever comes out of Sakurai's mouth, and don't want to admit that Lucas has replaced Ness. Give us some facts, not opinions, guys! Lucas has Ness's Special moves (not his smash moves, they don't count), and don't say that they're altered in small ways, because that's just plain stupid. The forms of their smash attacks don't matter either! Mario and Luigi were clones, but their smash attacks looked different. LOOKED different. Acept the truth, Ness is out, Lucas is the new one.
actully what u said about Lucas's special moves is false ...he does not have all of Nes's Special moves because if he did... Lucas would have PK Flash instead of PK Freeze...just because they operate it the same way does in fact not make it the same move...also Mario and Luigi werent clones because Luigi had 8 moves that were different from mario'ss....and it wasnt that they just looked different...

1 the pills are the same thing regardless......

2. if thats the case then u might as well cut Luigi from the game as well.....but u still lack the right to actually confirm that Ness is out.........

Ness Is Finally Out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No....not yet....

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
they have similar moves because they are from the same family of Pk users.

Sakurai clearly stated this.
and thats only special move wise (^^)v............

wait......if Sakurai said that....then does that mean Lucas and Ness are relatives???????????????????????? *Twilight Zone theme plays* O_____o

Aminar

Smash Journeyman
and thats only special move wise (^^)v............

wait......if Sakurai said that....then does that mean Lucas and Ness are relatives???????????????????????? *Twilight Zone theme plays* O_____o
"Lucas, I am your Father"-Ness.

The Kirby Kong

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunately, todays update, Lucas’ Special Moves, also contained this statement from Sakurai.

There’s a character named Ness who has appeared in the Smash Bros. series up until now.
That's not a confirmation. There's many ways you can interpret that line, but nothing can be confirmed from that line alone.

"Up until now", where 'now' means brawl's state of development (aka over halfway done) means that he must've been in brawl all this time.

Also "Up until now" doesn't say anything about his removal, it only states that he was in brawl before 'now', while nothing says he ISN'T in after 'now'.

Sorry but it just had to be said, that one little line doesn't confirm anything.
Though yes, it does very much HINT at his removal. And probably things are just more confusing due to translation.

So, yeah... I do suspect that Ness will be removed, but to take that line as confirmation is a bit silly. It's a hint at best.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
That's not a confirmation. There's many ways you can interpret that line, but nothing can be confirmed from that line alone.

"Up until now", where 'now' means brawl's state of development (aka over halfway done) means that he must've been in brawl all this time.

Also "Up until now" doesn't say anything about his removal, it only states that he was in brawl before 'now', while nothing says he ISN'T in after 'now'.

Sorry but it just had to be said, that one little line doesn't confirm anything.
Though yes, it does very much HINT at his removal. And probably things are just more confusing due to translation.

So, yeah... I do suspect that Ness will be removed, but to take that line as confirmation is a bit silly. It's a hint at best.
I agree.... we can only think that ...but we can never confirm (^^)v...but i still say he has a good chance of making it.....but im not confirming he is (^^)v

fighterkirby7

Smash Journeyman
god....he won't get out,he won't move a finger out there....i think he will comeback with a very original moveset!

The Kirby Kong

Smash Journeyman
I agree.... we can only think that ...but we can never confirm (^^)v...but i still say he has a good chance of making it.....but im not confirming he is (^^)v
Yep, and even if he does make it into the game, he'll probably end up being a secret character again (like in the N64 version).

And that's the reason we haven't seen his update yet, just like Captain Falcon.

It's very much possible, but his removal is also very possible. We'll find out in a few months.

Edit: Another thing. What if Ness gets a new moveset from his own game? Instead of using Lucas's attacks. Another possibility on why it's taking so long.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
Ness could still be in but with new moves and as an unlockable character. Unless Sakurai speciffically says Ness is out, he still has a good chance of being in, and there are enough PSI abilities for Ness to be different.

fighterkirby7

Smash Journeyman
Ness could still be in but with new moves and as an unlockable character. Unless Sakurai speciffically says Ness is out, he still has a good chance of being in, and there are enough PSI abilities for Ness to be different.
totally right! mark my words and of this guy....

The Kirby Kong

Smash Journeyman
That's basically what I meant. :)

It would be awesome to see Ness return as an unlockable with a new moveset (this time from his own game). ^^

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
Also when someone said that Ness wouldn't use PSI Teleport for his up B recovery...i'm pretty sure he can even though it was not an attack on Earthbound. Hey, Pit's Wings of Icarus is solely for Recovery, so why can't Ness have a up-B attack whos sole purpose is recovery? Also he could still have PK Flash but it could act differently.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
Sakurai would have to pretty dumb to drop a character who's been in the first to games and replace him with someone else that's almost exactly the same.

fighterkirby7

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai would have to pretty dumb to drop a character who's been in the first to games and replace him with someone else that's almost exactly the same.
i agree with you again,Ness is too cool to be out:cool:

if it wasn't by the:UP UNTIL NOW!!!!! people wouldn't be:ZOMG NESS IS OUT LOLOLOLO.

:ohwell:

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
If you read the agreement between me and Gargomon, you would know that we haven't completely agreed yet. We both have our opinions, and we respect them. And please stop using all caps.
no....if u said that u have a strong feeling that Ness wont be in Brawl then thats fine....but u didnt...u kept on saying that Ness won't be in brawl period.......
EDIT: and caps are used for yelling.........which i was doing to u *smacks u with stuffed Ridley and throws 100000 Navi's at u*

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
He was actually going to drop Ness and put Lucas in Melee, but didn't because of time restaints.

Face it, he's out people.

And that's the reason we haven't seen his update yet, just like Captain Falcon.
I say we haven't seen Ness' update because he's not getting one. Unles he's an AT.

Top Bottom