• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

It's official, items must be banned from tournaments.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Okay, then we ban that item.

Why are we banning all of them now?

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
Lol, the ever annoying Ray Gun got buffed? Ya, I'm looking forward to auto-locking that item from the get go.

Not quite as insane as bumpers with 2x damage though. That video was pure win.

Ruggeth

Smash Journeyman
Items had the inevitable fate of being banned to start with.

If a tourney user cant dodge a fan, that fan is banned.

HeroXL

Smash Journeyman
You have to DI up against that item. At the LA tourney yesterday someone got me in a lock with that and I got out of it before it KO'd me. It's not THAT bad.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
All items will be banned in most tournaments. Play Smash however you want. THAT IS WHY THERE ARE OPTIONS!

PXG

Smash Journeyman
For the love of God, not another" items should/shouldn't be in competitive Brawl thread". Please.

Yes, items are random and cheap (we all know that). And no, they will NEVER be in competitive tournaments.

/thread.

-Linko-

Smash Journeyman
All right, we got another item-f@gs vs anti-item-f@gs battle thread.

This just plain sucks

StealthFighterX

Smash Journeyman
Items= free for all's with friends and online. IF its 1 vs 1 and both are pro you know there wont be any items. They have there place just not ina competitive field.

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
I wonder, what exactly do 90% of the people who say "________ should be banned" mean? Seriously, I expect at least 90% of these complainers have never even attended a tournament before, so a "banning" wouldn't even come close to affecting them.

Even worse, these people then start complaining about how competitive players decide to play the game.

/mini-rant

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Wait...People are still talking about items being used in tournaments!?

Jeez people give it a rest already and use the **** search option.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Ray guns have always been able to do that.

Like other people have said, just turn that particular item off (and any others that may be easily abused/exploited).

Honestly I can see all items being banned again anyway.

Someone might have posted this video or another video similar to this while I was away from Smashboards, but hey, it's worth a shot: http://youtube.com/watch?v=o5TgR2_gmcw

Start at 0:45 and see something worse than Falco's laser lock.
No items...

Fox only...

jk :laugh: I'm not going to finish that for the sake of not getting flamed.

But really, I don't think this needed a thread, and people can do what ever they want with the game, casual or competitive.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
ITT: Competitive players try to explain to casual players why they don't play with items and casual elitist troll fiercely.

Seriously, Proven. What did you expect would happen here?

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
Lame.

I still don't know why they couldn't make the ray gun like in the 64 version, where it shocks you and you really felt the impact, instead of getting pushed around like it's a stupid annoyance.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Lame.

I still don't know why they couldn't make the ray gun like in the 64 version, where it shocks you and you really felt the impact, instead of getting pushed around like it's a stupid annoyance.
The Ray Gun don't have killing potential like Melee and Brawl. But they should call it a Laser Gun now.

Zodiac

Smash Master
Freakin A there gonna be banned at tournaments, get used to it.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
I find 1:10 far more interesting, as Ganondorf gets hit away into a spawning Smash Ball, which takes damage and dramatically reduces his momentum.

kitsuneboy_geoff

Smash Apprentice
Raygun lock is pretty easily escapable with DI. I'm sorry, but I haven't been KOed by that technique since I first started playing.

Top Bottom