• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Its been nearly 6 months since release! Who is your main or favorite char so far?

Who is your main or favorite char so far?

• Mario

Votes: 54 2.2%
  • Luigi

Votes: 38 1.5%
  • Peach

Votes: 41 1.7%
  • Bowser

Votes: 29 1.2%
  • Donkey Kong

Votes: 39 1.6%
  • Diddy Kong

Votes: 65 2.6%
  • Yoshi

Votes: 41 1.7%
  • Wario

Votes: 67 2.7%
  • Link

Votes: 57 2.3%
  • Zelda/Sheik

Votes: 95 3.8%
  • Ganondorf

Votes: 38 1.5%
  • Toon Link

Votes: 105 4.2%
  • Samus/Zero Suit Samus

Votes: 78 3.1%
  • Pit

Votes: 68 2.7%
  • Ice Climbers

Votes: 40 1.6%
  • R.O.B.

Votes: 69 2.8%
  • Kirby

Votes: 93 3.7%
  • Metaknight

Votes: 124 5.0%
  • King Dedede

Votes: 77 3.1%
  • Olimar

Votes: 73 2.9%
  • Fox

Votes: 50 2.0%
  • Falco

Votes: 100 4.0%
  • Wolf

Votes: 93 3.7%
  • Captain Falcon

Votes: 61 2.5%
  • Pikachu

Votes: 49 2.0%
  • Pokemon Trainer

Votes: 45 1.8%
  • Lucario

Votes: 111 4.5%
  • Jigglypuff

Votes: 17 0.7%
  • Marth

Votes: 153 6.2%
  • Ike

Votes: 106 4.3%
  • Ness

Votes: 58 2.3%
  • Lucas

Votes: 82 3.3%
  • Game & Watch

Votes: 90 3.6%
  • Snake

Votes: 94 3.8%
  • Sonic

Votes: 82 3.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

shinethezombie

Smash Rookie
my main is ike (surprise surprise >.> )

just because after playing FE: PoR & RD, he just appealed to me. and i get unhealthily attached to some of those character.

Ted PJs

Smash Cadet
i dont play often but when i do i play rob and mk the most. i like both lucas and sonic too but i have to warm up with them if i want to win

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I like Ike just because of his style, he is a heavy character but I feel he is faster than the others in the same class, and very deadly if you can connect hits, which I seem decent at, if his FS connects, it makes a great display that just yells *take flight and take a beating from me while you can't do anything about it", looks help as well.

ky72x

Smash Apprentice
ZSS, because she's fast, and while she isn't too strong (physically), her plasma whip/wire attacks are amazing. Kirby comes at a close second for me, now his attacks are strong!

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
I'm still deciding between a few characters: Ike, Sonic, Wolf, and Lucario. I really can't tell who exactly I'm best with yet.

MorpheusVGX

Smash Journeyman
It is interesting to read your stories about how you came to main someone. It is often difficult to find a main. Sometimes, it is not about of who are you better with, but whose playstyle you rather enjoy, or which character you love the most. Then, you become good with it. I don't think I did well with Kirby naturally. I just like that he is a metamorph and his cuteness annoys people XD "HIIIIIIIIIIIII" . I then came to like his kicking style and moves. I don't think I am going to change hims as a main, but I will learn to use many others too, for the fun and richness of it.

JuniorToons

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I guess my main is Toon Link. I am trying to find other mains as well. I am now working with Ness and Falco.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
My avatar says it all. Ike replaces that void when Roy vanished from Brawl, which is fine with me because Ike is much more reliable and powerful then Roy was.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
At first, I wasn't sure, but then I got into using Marth and loved all of his moves, and since I am not the best Brawler, and he compliments my style of agility, speed and power. I also like Meta, because I love his dimensional cape.

SirPainsalot

Smash Apprentice
Meta Knight! No, its not 'cause I'm a follower who likes to pick the best character (that is, if you think of him as the best character; I hope not, I want less people with him!). Its simply because I liked him before Brawl and now with Brawl. Just think of SamuraiPanda and Knuckles. I also like his fast playing style. I love to combo people. XD

TOT

Smash Rookie
my favorite

YO YO YO MY PEEPS

my favorite character is SONIC.
he has the perfect speed for me. unless its on a smaller course........... but i can just walk if that happens.

w.e.

i like faster people :-P

pacha

Smash Rookie
NNID
DeLiwanyanoNika
3DS FC
0877-2647-5564
Mine has to go to Pikachu. I like the side of Pikachu they brought out in this game and that is that he's a powerful little guy. If I could choose a second though It would be Zelda. In melee I played alot of Sheik but I like playing Zelda now. They made her attacks alot better, or at least easier to use. Besides sheik's not as useful (cheap) as she used to be.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Peach, because she is ridiculiously fast. Her KO power is fine as long as you're smart about Move Decay, and her spacing/Turnip game is to die for. But of course the main reason is she owns you with love. It's like ODing on TLC. Long live Peach! :)

BTW- I have compiled a list with this thread's poll data that lists the characters by amount of votes they have recieved from greatest to least, meaning the character with the most votes is at the top. I know this will change quickly but here's a quick idea.

1. Marth
2. Metaknight
3. Game & Watch
4. Snake
5. Falco
6. Lucario
7. Kirby
8. Wolf
9. Zelda/Shiek
10. Ike
10. Toon Link
12. Lucas
13. Wario
14. King DeDeDe
15. Diddy Kong
17. Sonic
17. Mario
19. Pit
19. Pikachu
21. Olimar
21. Samus/ZSS
21. ROB
24. Link
25. Ness
26. Captain Falcon
27. Fox
27. Pokemon Trainer
27. Peach
30. Ice Climbers
31. DK
32. Luigi
32. Yoshi
33. Ganondorf
34. Bowser
35. Jigglypuff

Negi-Kun

Smash Lord
Sheik. She's fast and all her aerials are good. All her smashes have good knockback. But her needles aren't as useful so that's my only problem with her.

MisterDrBob

Smash Apprentice
Well, I really don't like having one main, I usually just have a top 5 or so that I play the most. At this point, my top five are Pit, Snake, Sonic, King Dedede, and R.O.B. my secondaries are Marth, Ike, Captain Falcon, Ness, Olimar, Wario, and G&W.

BTW, glad to hear you can relax with MCATs out of the way.

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
Toon Link owns!!!

He's fast, pretty strong, and has good projectiles!

Plus he's just plain cool.

And then secondly...
Marth, Mario, Ganondorf, and Wolf

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Peach, because she is ridiculiously fast. Her KO power is fine as long as you're smart about Move Decay, and her spacing/Turnip game is to die for. But of course the main reason is she owns you with love. It's like ODing on TLC. Long live Peach! :)

BTW- I have compiled a list with this thread's poll data that lists the characters by amount of votes they have recieved from greatest to least, meaning the character with the most votes is at the top. I know this will change quickly but here's a quick idea.

1. Marth
2. Metaknight
3. Game & Watch
4. Snake
5. Falco
6. Lucario
7. Kirby
8. Wolf
9. Zelda/Shiek
10. Ike
10. Toon Link
12. Lucas
13. Wario
14. King DeDeDe
15. Diddy Kong
17. Sonic
17. Mario
19. Pit
19. Pikachu
21. Olimar
21. Samus/ZSS
21. ROB
24. Link
25. Ness
26. Captain Falcon
27. Fox
27. Pokemon Trainer
27. Peach
30. Ice Climbers
31. DK
32. Luigi
32. Yoshi
33. Ganondorf
34. Bowser
35. Jigglypuff
Well, Glad to see Ike is in the running.

Edit: Yeah that caught me off guard too how Mr.G&W is third. For somebody as basic as he is, he has a big fanclub.

xcapablancax

Smash Cadet
Well, Glad to see Ike is in the running.

Edit: Yeah that caught me off guard too how Mr.G&W is third. For somebody as basic as he is, he has a big fanclub.
basic my ***. he is probably the most complete character in the game

mantaray

Smash Rookie
Before I got Brawl I had no idea who I would be because my old main doc was unlikely to return and I kinda wanted to try out a different style. The night of the release though among the characters I first tried to play with was zelda. She was so easy to pick up and so much improved over melee that I decided to stick with her. Good thing too, because I quickly unlocked her potential haha.

permalast

Smash Rookie
well brawl still has 3 days to go in australia :) mains in SSB 64 were yoshi, falcon, kirby, fox, pikachu, luigi, mario, ness, link XD sorry jiggly,samus,DK
i never got melee... xbox=ownage
olimar ftw july 13th :D

lonelytraveler8

Smash Journeyman
It's been probably a month or more since I've been on the boards. I've been waiting in hopes to see some big developments. This is the first thread I saw and I find it intriguing how relatively even the spread is among the characters. As for me, I main MK/Olimar. I typically choose Meta Knight because my friends don't like fighting Olimar, but I'm about as good as one as I am with the other.

D

Deleted member

Mains: Ike, G&W, Marth
Secondary: Pit, Sonic, DeDeDe
Training: Mario, Meta Knight, DK, Bowser, ZSS, Peach, Kirby, Luigi, sometimes Toon Link

Caleb392

Smash Rookie
My Favs in Melee were in this order: Samus, Fox and Mario. Now in Brawl keep those but add on Sonic.
But really i can use all characters so it doesn't matter for me.

zandervm

Smash Rookie
I always played as Marth in Melee. I was hoping that in Brawl I would find someone that I liked being even more, but I ended up settling on Marth again as my main, with Ike in a close second.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom