• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Its been nearly 6 months since release! Who is your main or favorite char so far?

Who is your main or favorite char so far?

• Mario

Votes: 54 2.2%
  • Luigi

Votes: 38 1.5%
  • Peach

Votes: 41 1.7%
  • Bowser

Votes: 29 1.2%
  • Donkey Kong

Votes: 39 1.6%
  • Diddy Kong

Votes: 65 2.6%
  • Yoshi

Votes: 41 1.7%
  • Wario

Votes: 67 2.7%
  • Link

Votes: 57 2.3%
  • Zelda/Sheik

Votes: 95 3.8%
  • Ganondorf

Votes: 38 1.5%
  • Toon Link

Votes: 105 4.2%
  • Samus/Zero Suit Samus

Votes: 78 3.1%
  • Pit

Votes: 68 2.7%
  • Ice Climbers

Votes: 40 1.6%
  • R.O.B.

Votes: 69 2.8%
  • Kirby

Votes: 93 3.7%
  • Metaknight

Votes: 124 5.0%
  • King Dedede

Votes: 77 3.1%
  • Olimar

Votes: 73 2.9%
  • Fox

Votes: 50 2.0%
  • Falco

Votes: 100 4.0%
  • Wolf

Votes: 93 3.7%
  • Captain Falcon

Votes: 61 2.5%
  • Pikachu

Votes: 49 2.0%
  • Pokemon Trainer

Votes: 45 1.8%
  • Lucario

Votes: 111 4.5%
  • Jigglypuff

Votes: 17 0.7%
  • Marth

Votes: 153 6.2%
  • Ike

Votes: 106 4.3%
  • Ness

Votes: 58 2.3%
  • Lucas

Votes: 82 3.3%
  • Game & Watch

Votes: 90 3.6%
  • Snake

Votes: 94 3.8%
  • Sonic

Votes: 82 3.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ravenhats

Smash Cadet
Wow I was surprised yesterday when playing Ganondorf, I finally found a match that works perfectly with my style. O>O I got some training to do.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Also, sorry that there aren't different choices for ZSS and Sheik, 35 options is the maximum for the polls.
I was about to write a flame filled rant until I saw this.
Touche SP.

Anyhow, Zamus is my absolute fave, which was surprising because I thought I would like Pit, but hes just whored everywhere and I detest his playstyle.
Zamus is my favourite because Plasma Whips are awesome, shes got multiple flashy looking spikes (and moves in general), and for the fact that at any point you can pause the game and get a great snapshot of her cause shes that fierce.

thisismatt

Smash Cadet
It's been a long road, and Pit and Olimar were really going for it at one point, but Pikachu's been my main for nearly two months now and he just keeps pulling further away.

Demon_Fox

Smash Apprentice
Fox. Obviously he isn't as beast as back in Melee but he's still Fox.
He's still as fast as lightning and has some nice combos

zoofrek

Smash Rookie
Lucario. He is just amazing. But I also like pit, metanight, toon link and my classic favorite link.

JJJ.Brawler

Smash Ace
I couldn't choose one, I use a lot of characters.

Marth, Luigi, Diddy, Falco, Ike, Wolf, Lucario, Suirtle, Sonic, Toon Link, Captain Falcon

Not in that order at all. But yeah I cannot choose

Alejan90

Smash Rookie
Ever since I got the game when it came out, I first tried out my Melee favorite..Captain Falcon..I worked with what I got despite him being downsized in this game, but then I used another Melee alt Marth. I just kept experimenting, eventually I picked on Wolf(not spam style lol) but in the end, after some training sessions and all that, I got a real feel for Lucario and have been sticking with him for a while. so i got to say lucario gets my vote

MorpheusVGX

Smash Journeyman
I am glad someone made this new poll. Things have changed a lot overtime. I am pleased with the results. It is pretty balanced. People let go the newcomers and found themselves again with the returners. There are people for every character. I hope jigglypuff get some more people. I am surprised that G&W got that much.

From the newcomers, Pit, Lucas and Diddy had my attention. I used to main Ness on Melee becaouse he was bottom tier, and I liked his playstyle and psychics.

Right now, I think I've decided to main Kirby. His copy abilities and hats are just too much for me. They are fun and add a lot of depth to this character, not to mention that he can also use Swallow as a good attack and maneuver . I've always liked characters that can morph into things (hence, my nickname). I came to like his Final Smash too. It feels good to cook everything on screen and damage your enemies and get some food and items after that.

Secondary Characters: Lucas, Pit, Ness, Diddy.
I would like to learn to use: Everyone excepts G&W, jigglypuff, ganondorf, toon link and Marth.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Well right when brawl came out, i was really into using ike, until i realized that he was only good in the hands of n00bs... Soon after that i started liking to use snake but then I figured out that I sucked as him until I started using more advanced techniques (personally i love using c4 in the air to drop them on people's heads after using his up b) but I'm still not very good. Then I really got into Marth with all of his b attacks (I love dancing blade and counter), as well as his smash attacks. GO MARTH!!!!!:lol::lol:

Wario Nut

Smash Journeyman
I used Dr. Mario in Melee but when I heard Wario was in Brawl I knew who I was going to be.
I love Wario's air game and his ground game is also good.I am so glad I switched!:wario:

staryoshi3

Smash Rookie
As of right now my main is Snake just because of some people who keep saying that he is good. I tried him and I got used to him. I found out he was not as bad as I thought he would be. He's actually good. Now I just need to master that Snake-dashing:p

Metakirb

Smash Rookie
My main in Melee was Luigi, so i'll probably continue with him when it comes out, but i also plan to use meta knight alot

Pai

Smash Cadet
NNID
Paestries
3DS FC
2036-7921-7608
Lucas, definitely. And I have no idea why. I was a n00b in Melee and hated Ness' recovery XD so I don't know how or why I started using Lucas in Brawl. But however I did, I fell in love with him <3 ... And now I'm a Mother fan.

I still like Jigglypuff and Peach though. It's just that to me, I need to find another Peach strategy >___> Dsmash to death isn't going to work now.

Zamus is cool too though. I'm trying to use her more... Soo...
My top two characters would be:
Lucas and Zamus :D

Tallon4

Smash Rookie
It's looking pretty well balanced. Makes sense Metaknight would be the favorite, he is just one entertaining characters, as well as a powerful one. Which is unfortunate since most MK players online do not really use him well and just spam the same one or two moves, like up-special or side special.

I voted for the King DDD. That...penguin-monster's smash attacks are obscene. All of his specials are great. His normal attacks are faster and have a longer range than you might expect. On the other hand....he falls like a ton of bricks and his recovery is hit-or-miss.

...and his best attack is the running normal attack, slipping on his face sending all in his way into oblivion. Plus I just dig the robes.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Gah, why do so many people use Marth? He's mine dammit.

D13

Smash Ace
I'm currently in love with Pokémon Trainer. :)

It's always interesting to look back at this poll and see the spread.

blueshirt314

Smash Cadet
Wow... I've been having so much trouble deciding on a solid main. In Melee, I was decent with pretty much everyone, but I vowed to settle on one or two in this game. But jeez, Brawl has made things reeeeeeally difficult.

I started out with Bowser and Jiggs from Brawl, found out Jiggs got nerfed, and went into testing mode. Turns out that I "tested" for so long that I've once again become fairly decent with every character. Except Yoshi... I never go the hang of him. So essentially, I just put my cursor on the "Random" key and pray for not-Yoshi.

But for favorites... Pokemon Trainer, with Bowser, D3, and Lucario close behind. I just have something for big, slow heavy characters that I can't explain.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
It took me awhile to really flesh out my main. Between the long droughts between me and any human players, I dinked around in stage builder, and really got to know my main man Mario a lot. Sure, whenever I did play with humans, I took to Sonic, because his blistering speed is often just too much for my friends to counter-act. Then I played my best Smash buddy, and we got into a long night of Brawling. We found many realizations as we played for hours and hours, such as his sudden ability to own the hell out of everything with Link, whom he hated using(I claim it to be his best character, which in a sad way, may be true).

Anyway, he finally pulls out his Marth and I pull out Mario, our mains. I win, but only after losing two stock in a four stock match. This... is normal, but I was displeased, thinking myself, in all my egotism, was better then that. I said for him to stick with Marth and I chose Sonic.

Well, I three-stocked him. We made a few more matches and results stayed the same. I had become a Sonic main. For all intents and purposes, it was the most logical choice. I love a fast character, who can change things up at a moments notice and can approach any situation from whatever angle you want. Sonic is over-hyped and under-played. At least well. He has a gigantic learning curve that starts when you realize he isn't all about the mindless speed. Just... alot of it.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Yea, marth really shot up in the last few months. Which kinda doesn't surprise me.
Old habits die hard.
-t2

CookBadGrades

Smash Cadet
For me it would be Zelda/Shiek. Zelda, because in Brawl, her dair spikes and her foward B owns. Sheik because now you can grappel with her foward B and she's just fun to play with!

FangzV

Smash Journeyman
1.84% Ice Climbers...
Looks like I'm a part of an 18 player minority.

I used to main Pit, but THIS MORNING, that changed. Right before I left for school I was playing Brawl.
Lvl. 7 or 8 Capt Falcon computer player.
I went back and looked at my Pit replay. I didn't look like I knew what I was doing.
I had just finished an Ice Climber match against Lvl. 7 or 8 Capt. Falcon. I had won and I'm pretty sure I looked like I knew what I was doing. I haven't been able to watch the replay yet.
So now I main IC, because I did better with them.

brettkilburg

Smash Rookie
I still find capt. falcon the most fun to play because I like speed and strength. Otherwise I like Link and the versatilty with items, and Fox too. I will play Meta knight or Snake sometimes if I want a bunch of ko's. I don't really play with anybody too skilled, so I play mainly for fun if at all. It's just not that fun to play by yourself, and currently i have no internet connection.

huenikad

Smash Cadet
I'm a toon link player myself, and I love how now toon links are at like half of what they were at when the game came out.

plasmawisp6633

Smash Journeyman
Wolf is the man in my opinion. He is the most melee-like character in the game, plus he's got some really spiffy moves. His Bair has lots of range and is great for edge guarding. He's got a laser that stuns and attacks. He's got a decent meteor smash. not to mention, he's got incredible range and combos on the ground. All-around, I think Wolf's gonna fight his way to the top tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom