• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Its been nearly 6 months since release! Who is your main or favorite char so far?

Who is your main or favorite char so far?

• Mario

Votes: 54 2.2%
  • Luigi

Votes: 38 1.5%
  • Peach

Votes: 41 1.7%
  • Bowser

Votes: 29 1.2%
  • Donkey Kong

Votes: 39 1.6%
  • Diddy Kong

Votes: 65 2.6%
  • Yoshi

Votes: 41 1.7%
  • Wario

Votes: 67 2.7%
  • Link

Votes: 57 2.3%
  • Zelda/Sheik

Votes: 95 3.8%
  • Ganondorf

Votes: 38 1.5%
  • Toon Link

Votes: 105 4.2%
  • Samus/Zero Suit Samus

Votes: 78 3.1%
  • Pit

Votes: 68 2.7%
  • Ice Climbers

Votes: 40 1.6%
  • R.O.B.

Votes: 69 2.8%
  • Kirby

Votes: 93 3.7%
  • Metaknight

Votes: 124 5.0%
  • King Dedede

Votes: 77 3.1%
  • Olimar

Votes: 73 2.9%
  • Fox

Votes: 50 2.0%
  • Falco

Votes: 100 4.0%
  • Wolf

Votes: 93 3.7%
  • Captain Falcon

Votes: 61 2.5%
  • Pikachu

Votes: 49 2.0%
  • Pokemon Trainer

Votes: 45 1.8%
  • Lucario

Votes: 111 4.5%
  • Jigglypuff

Votes: 17 0.7%
  • Marth

Votes: 153 6.2%
  • Ike

Votes: 106 4.3%
  • Ness

Votes: 58 2.3%
  • Lucas

Votes: 82 3.3%
  • Game & Watch

Votes: 90 3.6%
  • Snake

Votes: 94 3.8%
  • Sonic

Votes: 82 3.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

redzoneNRG

Smash Cadet
I went through a whole bunch of characters. From Samus, ZSS, Lucas, Link, Ice Climbers, Marth, Dedede, back to Lucas, Jigglypuff, and now settling with Ness.

I thought Lucas would be more for-sure number one, but after playing Ness I like his feel a whole lot more. I like the baseball bat, his awesome arials and his variety in playing him. You can switch to any situation and playstyles depending on how your opponenet plays pretty easily.

Nibbity

Smash Journeyman
yo, Marth is who i'm sticking with. I love faster characters and his moveset is so deeply lodged in my brain from Melee, that i dont have to get used to anything to different for brawl, just some physics, and it's all good!

TMS

Smash Journeyman
Falco is my main, I second Marth and Ness. I use Sonic for four-player free-for-alls.

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
well. i started with olimar.
i changed things up to pikachu.
but for the past 2 months ive been a game&watch player.
g&w was one of my secondaries in melee. i like how he's got better.
plus im also a g&w fan and he is fun to play with.
i dont think ill change.

i am also playing with Ganon (he's just pretty badass) and Diddy (really fun to play with) alot, but g&w is still my main.

Elitem42

Smash Rookie
I'm a Sheik and Zelda main. Zelda's priority on the ground is insane, and she has a lot of power. Some characters, such as Meta Knight, run circles around her though, so Sheik counter picks this flaw. Zelda's the ultimate tournament character because of her versatility.

FishkeeperTimmay!

Smash Ace
Marth, because he seems to be the most flexible and versatile character in the game right now. All his moves are usable and he can switch from offense to defense in a split second. He also likes to be airbourne, and I like that in a character.

Also... he has a number of solid combos and edgeguards almost as good as Metaknight. -That is, he can't go out as far, but hits harder in general-

Vaul

Smash Apprentice
Can we have a 'Which character do you hate the most?' poll as well? Just for the sake of avid discussion and a lot of entertainment for everyone. My vote would have to go for G&W, who I used to main, simply because he is, by far, the easiest character to play as and is the ultimate nub character.

But yea, DK all the way.

Ripply

Smash Rookie
Zelda/Sheik! The thing I love about the two of them is that you can really rack up some damage with Sheik quickly, and then finish off your opponent with Zelda (she's got some really powerful attacks). The great thing is that the two are interchangeable, as well, so it's really fun for me.

I'm also toying around with Pit; he's pretty fun to use.

NxC

Smash Apprentice
Pre-Brawl, I mained Marth, and alt'd Mario and Pichu. I figured I would carry this on to brawl.

As soon as Pit was announced, I decided that I would main him. He seemed like an extremely versatile and fun to play character.

After the brawl lineup was finalized, I had thoughts of also trying out Toon Link, (I loved the wind waker art style) but otherwise I was going to stick to the characters I knew from melee. (Minus Pichu, of course, RIP.)

I got ahold of the game two days before its "official" release date, and spent most of those days getting the hang of pit. My choice really came through for me. Occasionally I'd play as Ike, whose power I liked a lot, but didn't feel like a character I could really get good with.

Later on I decided it was time to try toon link. I consider this my "dark ages". Sure toon link comboed well, and won a lot more often, but I always felt really competitive playing the character. I experimented with other characters, seeing as IMO Mario got terribly nerfed, and Marth was just some mild improvements on what I had been playing for the last 5 years. I started playing Snake for a while- he proved to be a very fun character, but his movement was a bit clunky for my taste and I often suicided and lost a lot. It isn't all about winning for me, but it seemed rather obvious that snake wasn't really for me. From there, I went to Lucas, whom I had heard much about. He felt a lot like another Toon Link to me, so I didn't spend much time with him, same with ZSSamus.

So I went back to playing Pit, and haven't waived much since. I still switch between characters when my usual smash buddies start to get irritated by me picking the same character over and over. I've also picked up Ness, but I don't see me changing mains any time soon. I've had a lot of fun playing Pit and picking up his quirky tactics, and feel he is a character with a lot of undiscovered potential.

TL;DR: Pit. He's lots of fun, and I've been playing him since the start of Brawl.

NeonTigerX3

Smash Rookie
When the trailer for Brawl was released I was so sure I was going to play MetaKnight, lol. Then Dojo announced Dedede and I got all excited about him...

I do in fact play Dedede rather regularly, but I main Wolf. Trying to pick up Diddy because he's rather fun too. And of course, GAME & WATCH...because he's just too good.

ZSS and Toon Link are fun, but I don't feel like I'm particularly awesome with either.

Oi Kyon

Smash Journeyman
I've been playing and trying out ZSS, Jigglypuff, PT, Snake, Wolf, Fox, Falco, Samus, TL, ICs, Marth, Olimar, Ike, and G&W. And after weeks of playing I finally decided to make Wolf my 1st main, Jiggs my 2nd, and Snake as a secondary. This is most likely my final decision in character choices.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
It's pretty much random to me. I pretty much don't know who to choose now since most of the times, it just varies on each situation.

coolbananas

Smash Cadet
Teh Valley of Justified Bemusement, Norway
I hopped constantly in Brawl. Still kinda am lol. I went into Brawl intent on playing my same old character (Captain Falcon). Obviously, that didn;t work whatsoever! maybe if I could forget melee Falcon, he'd be decent, but no such luck. So, funny story, . My friend came over while i was playing Smash, and main hopping tryng to find MY character. He handed me a pill. I swallowed it, cuz I'm dumb and don;t think. Then I had a 7 hour acid trip. I woke up the next morning to find a matress charred and burnt on my lawn, a litter of kittens in my kitchen, sleeping on a 300 dollar fur jacket that I had never seen before (price tag was still on it) and "MArGiiO" written on my bathroom mirror. Naturally, i took this as a sign from god to play Mario, or MArGiiO, if you will.,As for my other 3 main's (yep, 4 altogether, always been that way) I just cannot decide for the life of me. I;ve pretty much mained every character in the past 2 months, all the while completely drunk. Mario is my constant. My savior. My caping, FLUDDing, giant fisted beast of a main. I'm gonna stick with Link now, too, after watching Izaw's vid(check it out, btw). So 2 constants. I'm also trying Wario, cuz one night when i was particularly crunk, i stumbled across a "What Mario Character are You?" test, and got the Warster. And Also trying Olimar for his bad-***, sacrifice small creatures to ensure my own survival take on Smash. And thats my Smash story. And never eat unknown pills from sheisty 20 year old guys....

Uncle_Donkey

Smash Rookie
Donkey Kong because I'm about the powerful blows, and DK has the speed to land them. And Donkey Kong Country was my very first video game.

Nintendo-pie

Smash Cadet
I wish it was nearly four months since release for me. I have another 30 days, yes 30 WHOLE DAYS until I get this! (Amazon may be slow or fast so I might be a day or two out)
I'm going to say Kirby at the minute, I mained him in melee and I'm unlikely to change, but I wont vote yet, just in case.

~N-pie

Eriatarka

Smash Journeyman
I love Kirby because playing as him is amazingly good fun and he's my Melee main, but it's all Pikachu nowadays. Lots of opportunities for terrible electricity-related puns.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i have to go with sonic, he fits the playstyle i forced myself to play when i mained Doc for a little while in melee. I love his speed, im a fanboy and i loved his games, and spring spiking is possibly the most satisfying thing you can do in this game

i also love lucario. i only picked him up cause a friend said that he would hate me if i did...lulz. doing more more damage with the grab punches than the actual throw is hilarious. and he is awesome because triple forward air to down air is one of the only real combos in the game

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
mained marth since melee and will main him till the end of smash

Vaul

Smash Apprentice
So, funny story, . My friend came over while i was playing Smash, and main hopping tryng to find MY character. He handed me a pill. I swallowed it, cuz I'm dumb and don;t think. Then I had a 7 hour acid trip. I woke up the next morning to find a matress charred and burnt on my lawn, a litter of kittens in my kitchen, sleeping on a 300 dollar fur jacket that I had never seen before (price tag was still on it) and "MArGiiO" written on my bathroom mirror. Naturally, i took this as a sign from god to play Mario, or MArGiiO, if you will.
In my entire Smash career, begining with the release of Super Smash Brothers 64, I have never, ever heard a reason to main someone more legitimate than that.

Silveraen

Smash Cadet
Marth and Falco for sure, but since I could only vote for one, I went with Marth :3. I'm open to new additions, but those two suit my play style the best. (Plus I'm a Fire Emblem junkie)

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
I mained marth and just marth in Melee..... but his slight changes in brawl were enough to make me feel unconfortable wih him in brawl.

Now i main Pokemon trainer which gives me a lot of satisfaction to play. The 3 of them have good killing moves and even when they are not domination monsters like other chars,,,are fun as hell...specially charizard...... that dragon is the best Brawl can offer in terms of awesomeness.

I still do better a lot of times with marth.... but i find him so boring now... that i just use him if my PT is getting *** kicked excessively. Anyways i think i do better now with PT than with marth.

After those 2... i use Metaknight and a lot of times i use Ganon for the Lulz....even when he is a fat old *******... is just plain fun for free for alls.!

saberhof

Smash Master
i main diddy kong, i knew he was gonna be my main ever since the famous threads of "Diddy for brawl" and the million debates on it...

and now i am happy about him =D...hes just too good...bananas rule..

n3g4t1v3

Smash Cadet
I think Lucario is my guy. I'm still better with Lucas atm, but I have a feeling that will suffer in the long run due to his little grab gimp. Lucario is the character I play next to most as.
I used to be a Lucas player... he cant step it up to the next level. But Kirby can. KIRBY ALL THE WAY

xcosmicxglitchx

Smash Rookie
I main as Sonic, mainly because he is my favorite character ever, I own pretty much everyone of his game (and mario's)
But also I'm better with the fast characters and I think we can all agree he is the fastest, also because I like to piss people off who hate him by killing them easily, I'm pretty good at it :)

XxXBlueKillaXxX

Smash Cadet
My favorite character

My main is definitely Toon Link. In Melee, Link was my main until I realized how slow he was. Now, Toon link offers a very similar play style, and he is not so slow. He was a great addition to brawl. I also like Ness and Captain Falcon.

flknpnch

Smash Cadet
I main random and Pikachu. Don't mean to suck up to Sampan, but it is way more fun to play with random, and you learn a lot more too.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
what's with all the falco support? 15. that's more then anybody else at the moment. and Ike only has four? has the world gone upside-down?

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
what's with all the falco support? 15. that's more then anybody else at the moment. and Ike only has four? has the world gone upside-down?
Agreed. It almost seems like someone is deliberately making multiple accounts to rack up support for Falco.

I like Lucario the best. He combos incredibly well when I am ahead, and when I take a lot damage he becomes incredibly powerful. He matches my defencive style well, but also has a great air and offencive game. Its almost like having the best of Metaknight AND Marth, even if conditionally.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
Wolf, and it's simply 'cause I found him fun (albit hard to play at first) and perfered playing him over Ike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom