• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Its been buggin me for awhile but why is ganon the worst in brawl?

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I don't know if this was mentioned earlier, but another problem for Ganon is his lack of a reliable way to rack up damage without having to stale his reliable killers. His Ftilt and Dair are wonderful kill moves, but seeing as those are also what he primarily uses for damage, it becomes a bit difficult to kill with said attacks.
How could I have forgotten this? Excellent point, Sol.

It's true. His primary damage-dealers are DAir, NAir and UAir. Each of which is arguably his most reliable KO move save for NAir. Truth be told, it's not rare for me to have people like Ness live to 130+ near edge of the stage against a UAir.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I've mentioned that indirectly a bunch of times.

Increased grab range above all would solve that problem. I generally feel the matches I do best in are the ones where I grab a lot anyway. It's not so much Ganon's throw game is outstandingly beneficial. Just the extra damage from pummels and throws to refresh other moves is essential for Ganon.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
DA is reliable, but it's used a lot in combat as well. You look at, Ike, for instance. He suffers from similar problems with FAir and BAir, but he has jab to constantly refresh everything. We have nothing to refresh with, so if we stale, we're **** out of luck lol.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Ganon's Dash Attack is TOO GODLY of a move to be used for just kills. I know it sounds oxymoronic given that Ganon is the worst character, but Ganon's Dash Attack is a very godly move. For Ganon, as a character who lacks better ways of creating openings legitimately, Ganon's Dash Attack is a move that in most matchups, you're inevitably going to be using it a lot. It's disappointing it's not safe on block like Samus's though (or given to another character lol).

Ganon's move usage varies a fair bit from matchup to matchup, but generally speaking, Ganon is forced to use his U-air, DA, and one or more of his other strong aerials as damage dealers. If Ganon's aerials were always safe to use for zoning and spacing, this wouldn't be too much of a problem, but at any rate Ganon is generally forced to use his best KO moves as damage dealers, since his best KO moves simultaneously happen to be among his only moves that are even somewhat viable for consistent damage dealing.

I always feel like matches where I land lots of grabs are ones where I have the advantage. It may not look like much, but the extra damage that Ganon misses out from poor grab range is a real reason why Ganon has a huge stale moves problem.

The other matches which I feel are good for me are the ones where I can land F-smash, just because Ganon's F-smash is in fact powerful enough to sorta bypass the stale moves problem that Ganon normally has. It's not even particularly hard to land, just you need the right setup.

Top Bottom