• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Items that you wished that it into Brawl

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
1. Ultra Bitter Spray - Pikmin 2, would turn your opponents to stone for a time, making them unable to move, but they would take less damage.

2. The red shell

I knew of a few others, but other than that, they did a great job picking items. They got the deku nut, sandbag...hell, they even got hothead... not many pople remember hot head. Props Sakurai, props :)

blooagga

Smash Journeyman
Yeah red shell was fun, um, a bit disappointed at the new 3 pokeballs at a time only thing. I went into training mode to discover all the new pokemon and was like WTF? seriously was it for lag problems? doubt it... :|

pirkid

Smash Lord
I feel that many of the items were Smash-made and not actual franchise items.
While I Appreciate the Deku Nut and the Franklin Badge, the Cracker Launcher, Smoke Ball? Where did they come from?

NukeA6

Smash Master
I can't think of any.

I take that back. An Arwing would make a great item. You board it and you can move around and shoot. Of course it can be damaged and blown up (which will do damage to whoever is in it).

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
****, didn't notice til now that the parasol's not in : (

I know I had hoped for more Pokemon and way more assist trophies.

Wish they kept the flipper in along with the bumper. Have the bumper hit the ground and the flipper flaot in the air.

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
I feel that many of the items were Smash-made and not actual franchise items.
While I Appreciate the Deku Nut and the Franklin Badge, the Cracker Launcher, Smoke Ball? Where did they come from?
Deku Nut - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time
Franklin Badge - Mother 3 (otherwise known as the sequel to Earthbound)

The other two are original items. Most of the items are based on Nintendo games, though.

Aeronite's Kiseki

Smash Journeyman
Yea i wanted all of the items from Melee to return

-Flipper
-Red Shell
-Parasol
-Barrel Cannon

Oh yea you can always think that the Smoke Ball is from Pokemon and Cracker Launcher is from Kirby Air Ride, there's a weapon that resembles it in the City Trial

Maldazzar

Smash Cadet
Red Shell and Parasol I miss a bit, but I don't mind the loss of Flipper because it's essentially an upgraded version of it in the form of the Bumper did appear in Brawl.

SFJake

Smash Apprentice
I wished all items from 64/melee made it, including the pokemons you can get. God, the pokemon and the assist trophies, in general, are quite bad in Brawl. Few exceptions in the assist trophies, but its not worth the absolutely AWFUL kind like nintendogs and that guy that force the screen in a position... god thats just annoying like hell. Not fun a little bit.

Hell, I wished you could configure individually what pokemon and assist trophy you may get, now that would be neat.

ICANTCOUNT123456

Smash Journeyman
I miss flipper, but bumper is FAR better. Barrel cannon was useless but fun, red shell was annoying, but usefull if used in some sort of strategy, but parasol, MAN that was awesome. Too bad peach is the only one who can use it. :(

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Items:
-Red Shell
-Lollipop (Kirby)
-Cardboard Box (MGS, as an item for other characters to use :D)
-Chaos Emerald (Sonic, could give a character increased everything for a brief spurt)

ATs:
-Ridley (can't have enough Ridley :D)
-PIGMA DENGAR (I MISS YOU WHY AREN'T YOU IN BRAWL :()
-Claus
-Lip (Panel de Pon)
-Sukapon
-Takamaru

PokeBalls:
-Cloyster (My favorite Pokemon :D)
-Sceptile
-Raikou (WHY GET RID OF HIM?)
-Zapdos & Articuno (see Raikou)
-Ditto
-Raichu
-Mewtwo
-Swampert (I HERD U LIEK MUDKIPZ)

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
Though I hadn't really noticed the ditched items from Melee, I miss them now that I do realize they're gone. The parasol was really cool, and who doesn't want to see Snake, Wolf, or Wario float down on one of those things? The Barrel Cannon seemed fairly rare in Melee but was still a pretty nifty item. The Flipper was essentially replaced but was still a fun item and would've had unique aspects in comparison to the Bumper especially if they had made the Bumper more like its SSB64 version. The Red Shell should NOT have been dumped. I really don't even see why they did... it was a double game item veteran. I couldn't care less about the Cloaking Device, though. I'm also surprised the 3rd party franchises didn't get items. They should have.

But the real things I wish were in Brawl are more Poke Ball Pokemon and Assist Trophies. Where the heck are my Articuno, Zapdos, Unown, and Raikou?!? Even more importantly, WHERE IS CHANSEY AND CLEFAIRY?!? Other Pokemon that should've been included include Porygon-Z (SSB - Porygon, Melee - Porygon2, Brawl...), the three "elves" from Diamond and Pearl, Giratina, Regigigas, Phione (fake Manaphy anyone?), the three Regis, Pichu, and Mewtwo (they should've been given the honor of at least bbeing able to hurt people). There is something very wrong with Melee having 29 Poke Balls and Brawl having 31. Overall we needed plenty more Poke Balls, and considerably more ATs. Why are various franchises only getting one AT each? Where are yhe ATs for the franchises like Pikmin and Donkey Kong? They had enough time... why give us so little?

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
I would've loved to have the Invisibility Cloaks again.

I also wish the Pokeballs had ALL of the Legendary Birds and Dogs. I want my Articuno back ****it!

Senshuu

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty satisfied with items. It's because this series could literally include anything. I bet selection was hard. Narrowing it down, and such. (Then again, only so much can be practical in the world of Smash. Mr. Saturn's fun, though.)

But what! No more parasol and red shell, I should have noticed that.

Juicy

Smash Apprentice
im sad theres not even a chillydog food item to represent sonic and majin mewtwo should not be an at he should be a pc

but yea better ats/pb and it would be better. i also say no reason to bring invisibility back the way the did, its like almost impossible to see a com with it on letalone yourself.

and the white egg was good too, , though it could of also been a yoshi egg, which reminds me that yoshi's bup/shield should be the color of the yoshi your playing..... man thats just lazyness on sora's part.

Chaos Paladin

Smash Journeyman
i want the pieces of hydra from kirby air ride XD they have the pieces of dragoon they need 1 more set ^^

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
I wished we got atleast one item from the third parties (like the postion switch box, that item would complete change the flow of the battle), and wheres the AT for Donkey kong, it could have at least the rambi running round charging at everything in its path, also the small number of more pokemon put in is ridiculos 29 in Melee, 31 in brawl, I expected like 1.5more pokemon in (like 43), not to mention they got rid off halve the ledgendary pokemon, WHY? And also, why get rid off the red shell? I know I thought it was annoying, but still! I didn't care about the cloaking device, yet we have it as a special brawl(it's in the body section, and it's the clear one, it's the same thing), but I never went on invisble mode anyway in melee, and I'm happy you can use than one feature this time round(I'll use metal, giant mode and heavy gravity with only super mushrooms on and metal box).

japtar10101

Smash Apprentice
****, didn't notice til now that the parasol's not in : (

I know I had hoped for more Pokemon and way more assist trophies.

Wish they kept the flipper in along with the bumper. Have the bumper hit the ground and the flipper flaot in the air.
You read my mind.
Now I have to come up with a more creative items. Hmm....

EDIT: Some ideas
  1. Freezie 2 or something ice-based--turns a plaform into ice. Makes it slippery.
  2. Volt Shroom--Your body becomes electrified. Anyone who runs into you or physically attacks you get hurt (you obviously get hurt being attacked, but hey, you shared the pain!).
  3. Fake Star--You shrink if you get it.
  4. Fake Smash Ball--You're movement gets hindered briefly, making you slower. (Probably not a good idea to put this in :ohwell:)
AT:
  1. King of Cosmos--creates a black hole that sucks things up. Obscures the gravity physics in the game.
Pokemon:
  1. Ditto--morphes into it's owner, and fights like Nana for IceClimbers. Easier to KO, though.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I would've thought that Ridley would be playable. It would still start off as a boss, but then end up joining your party afterwards.

Zyphent

Smash Apprentice
I would've thought that Ridley would be playable. It would still start off as a boss, but then end up joining your party afterwards.
I still dont get how...hese freakin huge o_o

Anyway I wanted Red Shells to return, I wont miss the Parisol that much though, got in the way more than it helped for me. :dizzy:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I still dont get how...hese freakin huge o_o

Anyway I wanted Red Shells to return, I wont miss the Parisol that much though, got in the way more than it helped for me. :dizzy:
In Melee's intro, Ridley was as big as Samus. It's completely possible to make Ridley a fighter. Just look at Bowser.

Cookiez

Smash Ace
Am I the only one that found Red Shells rediculously annoying? ^^;;

Main items i'm missing are the Parasol and Flipper...

Leahdybug

Smash Journeyman
ASSIt trophy Cukuko (the chickens from zelda) (if thats how its spelled) either it destroys *injures like unknowns* everyone or the person who realeases it can you imagine the devesation O.O. *shudders*

crosser43

Smash Journeyman
maybe from super mario sunshine:
rocket nozzles, boost u up and forward, woulda been sik
also blue shell from mario kart DD if u throw would hit the person in first place would also be cool
and i was actully expecting alot more pokemon and AT's

Quiz112

Smash Rookie
Technically the Red Shell is in the Subspace Emissary >.>
And wow i didn't notice that the parasol wasn't in!
I agree with crosser43. I was expecting a few more pokemon and more assist trophies.

Top Bottom