• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

It WONT LAST!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
I never played Brawl.....I Wanna play Brawl and i will play brawl,but before i go ahead and buy it,i just want to say,the times i've been in this community......when Brawl gets released,what is it to stay here and chat?nothing excites us after Brawl,face it,its like the first time you unlocked Mr.Game And Watch,unlocked all the stages,Completed Event Mode.Totally 100% the game! what would you do next?go for a different game,i know i will enjoy Brawl but, there is that feeling when you complete a game and unlock everything,you feel.......argh....what do i do know?The Smash Community will not really be as fulfilling,the reasons i like this forum and hang out in it the most is because i like seeing people make a total fool out of themselves...seeing Prophets(people who ''played'' brawl) makes me say hey! that characters gonna be in the game! and gives me the happiness of a character conformation!but after Brawl comes out the shelves.....what would people talk in Smash Boards?if Nintendo delayed the game we would have more Smash Boards discussing to make!but i don't want any delays!still i hope this game is not gonna end up like Melee,a game where you can get bored from....like you don't wanna play anymore.Still listen up!Is Brawl better than Melee,(the controls) or worse?i am definitely buying it,i'l be sharing my friend code too,but i am going to miss Smash Boards........Smash Boards is about Smash Bros.....whats left of Smash Bros.?we might discuss other things like wavedashing and tournments.But i am not into that stuff.....Brawl is a fantastic looking game ,everyone i know that has a Wii are planning on getting one....So....i wont be in Smash boards much.......Good Bye.....

If you thought i was leaving then you are a moron!i am saying that once Brawl comes out there is no forums left..no character discussion or stage discussion and such.....

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Check the melee discussion.

They still discuss character strategies and tournaments, and they post hilarious and or awesome videos to watch. We will have this, but with brawl, thus making it MORE awesome.

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
You really haven't explored smashboards much have you?

This is the competitive community, and I dunno if you realized how active the tournament and Melee pages are, either way you're wrong.

finalark

SNORLAX
So wait, are you saying that all we do on the Smashboards is speculate?

Go to the Melee threads and see what happens after the game comes out.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
I never played Brawl.....I Wanna play Brawl and i will play brawl,but before i go ahead and buy it,i just want to say,the times i've been in this community......when Brawl gets released,what is it to stay here and chat?nothing excites us after Brawl,face it,its like the first time you unlocked Mr.Game And Watch,unlocked all the stages,Completed Event Mode.Totally 100% the game! what would you do next?go for a different game,i know i will enjoy Brawl but, there is that feeling when you complete a game and unlock everything,you feel.......argh....what do i do know?The Smash Community will not really be as fulfilling,the reasons i like this forum and hang out in it the most is because i like seeing people make a total fool out of themselves...seeing Prophets(people who ''played'' brawl) makes me say hey! that characters gonna be in the game! and gives me the happiness of a character conformation!but after Brawl comes out the shelves.....what would people talk in Smash Boards?if Nintendo delayed the game we would have more Smash Boards discussing to make!but i don't want any delays!still i hope this game is not gonna end up like Melee,a game where you can get bored from....like you don't wanna play anymore.Still listen up!Is Brawl better than Melee,(the controls) or worse?i am definitely buying it,i'l be sharing my friend code too,but i am going to miss Smash Boards........Smash Boards is about Smash Bros.....whats left of Smash Bros.?we might discuss other things like wavedashing and tournments.But i am not into that stuff.....Brawl is a fantastic looking game ,everyone i know that has a Wii are planning on getting one....So....i wont be in Smash boards much.......Good Bye.....

If you thought i was leaving then you are a moron!i am saying that once Brawl comes out there is no forums left..no character discussion or stage discussion and such.....
HA HA HA! OH WOW!
Dude, do you really think that this site will come to an end once everyone unlocks everything in Brawl?
Do you think this hype and speculation is all Smash Boards is about?
This is a competitive smash community. After Brawl has ceased to be new and shiny, the pro players here (I'm not really one of them) will get into the nitty gritty of the game, developing advanced techniques and strategies, organizing tournaments, and making Brawl more than just a kid's party game.
This is what Smash Boards was created for in the first place. Not speculation about Brawl and raging fanboyism, but taking your Smash game to the highest possible level by learning from each other.
If you're interested in playing Brawl at a highly competitive level, this will be the best place to be in the upcoming months.

Eaode

Smash Champion
God that was painful to read.

Organize your thoughts first

Smashboards is NOT first and foremost a place for speculation. If you're the kind of person who will get bored after brawl comes out and there's no speculation or suspense left, than you may kindly cease coming here after the game's release. As for most everyone else, we will stay here and enjoy talking in specifics about the new game, organizing tournaments, improving our game, and debating about it's nuances.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
stage builder, online matches, multi-player matches, classic mode (where the characters you fight are random), adventure mode with different pairings, take pictures to send tto your wii messageboard (and play around with it on the photochannel).

Need I go on? (I won't because I can't think of anymore)

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman

What you say is all an opinion.

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
First of all, there's a few little things called SPACE KEY and ENTER if you didn't know. I hate it when there's a wall of words unorganized. Anyways, there's going to be TONS of stuff to talk about, trophies to collect, matchups to make, techniques to find, new characters to master, new controls to find, not to mention story mode and DON'T GET ME STARTED ON ONLINE! Online will boost the smash community worldwide since some first time bloomers will still get a chance to play with other people for a new experience. I can't wait to start learning since I don't have any competitive community where I live and tournaments are zip.

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
I duno what hurts more

the giant wall of text........or my stomach from laughing so hard

go check the melee discussions.........if anything, after brawl comes out, there will be MORE reason to come to the boards

Digital Angel

Smash Journeyman
Dude, try spacing your sentences and use somewhat better grammar so your post isn't a ***** to read. Also, I forsee many of us playing this game for years to come competitively and also things like the stage builder will have significant value. No one is going to be disappointed after unlocking everything, quite the contrary actually.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
To be honest, when Brawl comes out, I do hope you leave.

If "OMG UR DUM" or "THIS CHARACTER FOR BRAWL" is the only thing you got out of the community, then you probably don't belong here.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
When Brawl hits the casuals and Nsiders will leave while the people truly interested in the game and these forums will stay, simple as that. This is the exact reason casual players don't have a say in the tournament rules and discussion, they play for different reasons, just like they joined these boards for different reasons.

Ithilgore

Smash Apprentice
I don't know why you play games like the SSB series, if all you do is "complete" them and then move on to other games. When people unlocked eveything in Melee, they didn't stop playing, they played it even more. Multiplayer in Melee has almost infinite replay value. Now Brawl is almost here, with not only all the improvements gameplay wise, but all the new features for multiplayer, loads of new, unique and interesting characters with no more clones, online play, stage builder, all the new co-op modes, a huge new adventure Mode, also with co-op. If Melee lasted 6 years with it's features, how long do you think Brawl will last?

This isn't just for competitive pro players either, I'm not very competitive, I wouldn't say I'm a casual, but I only really play for fun, but I loved SSB, and Melee, and have been playing Melee on a regular basis since it's release, without ever getting even slightly bored.

Did you buy Melee as a single-player game or something? Melee's singleplayer modes are only small modes to tide players over, and unlock hidden things, multiplayer is where Melee's real depth lies. Brawl, this time, has a sustantial and large single player mode, but even that isn't just single player as mentioned above, but if you're playing Brawl as you seem to have done for Melee, as a single player game like Zelda or Metroid, then you'll still find a more engaging experience then with Melee. The Subspace Emissary looks to be massive.

susu_atari

Smash Ace
No... that's nonsense.

People will be talking for years to come about Brawl, just as they are STILL talking about Melee.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
When Brawl hits the casuals and Nsiders will leave while the people truly interested in the game and these forums will stay, simple as that. This is the exact reason casual players don't have a say in the tournament rules and discussion, they play for different reasons, just like they joined these boards for different reasons.
Quoted for truth.
I can't wait for all these rumors and all this speculation to come to an end

dan smith

Smash Champion
The answer is simple...this guy...is...a...moron.

Yep. (The Melee boards still get...how many hits a day?)

S0crat3s

Smash Apprentice
Funny thing is, Melee was released in 2001, and discussion is as hot as ever on the Melee section...If Brawl is Melee's successor, then wouldn't Brawl discussion last even longer? I bought Melee way back when it was released, and I still play it (frequently) now...

Not to mention that Brawl will have more events, unlockables, stages, characters, and pretty much everything else (and more) than Melee, so chances are that we'll be playing it until the next sequel...If there isn't a sequel (which would be most unfortunate), we'd probably be playing it until we crumble into dust, and then some...^_^

Although I understand where you're coming from, you must understand that Smash Bros. isn't something you play, unlock everything, and get bored with...Remember, unlocking more things just makes it last longer...

Kio Iranez

Smash Ace
I really hope the majority of this room thinks this way. That way, you guys can go back to GameFAQs and NSider and spam 'em up instead. =D

Okysho

Smash Ace
,i know i will enjoy Brawl but, there is that feeling when you complete a game and unlock everything,you feel.......argh....what do i do know?.
WHAT?! Are you saying that brawl is just ANOTHER SIMPLE GAME?! That you go unlock characters and then that's it?! NO! Smash bros is a game you play forever! I've had Melee for 6 years and I've never stopped playing it!!! (until now since brawl's release is so close) WTF ARE YOU SAYING!?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
What do you do when you unlock everything? Then you play the game.

And the sites not going to die, we've still got the Smash 64 section going well, and with some of the stuff we've got planned, don't expect us to be going anywhere soon ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom