• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

It just hit me...!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyeforce

Smash Apprentice
I can't believe I didn't see it sooner. As we all know, Ness is believed to be deconfirmed by the whole "up until now" issue. Also, if he did return he would be a clone of Lucas unless they change his moves (which won't happen). But that's not entirely true! I, too, accepted the cold truth that Lucas has replaced Ness. But Ness would NOT be a Lucas clone. It would be like Lucas is to Ness as Luigi is to Mario, only even more so. Lucas does have three of Ness's moves, but they are different. His PK Fire explodes unlike Ness's, and his PSI Magnet is used in front of him instead of his body. Lucas's PK Thunder may even be a little different. It's the same thing with Mario and Luigi. Except...

Lucas's standard combat style is completely different. That would make Ness even more unique from Lucas than Luigi is to Mario. So I see no reason why Ness couldn't return with his same moveset. In fact, I think Sakurai was hinting at Ness's inclusion in Brawl rather than his exclusion. Why else would he point out their differences? As for the "up until now"...I don't know. Maybe he is being replaced. But, still, maybe not.

(I know a lot of you probably noticed this already. I just wanted to point it out, especially since many of these "prophets" (whom I believe are all full of crap) say Ness is returning. Please don't flame...)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I still would rather have Claus come in than Ness return

finalark

SNORLAX
So you think that if the laws of the universe break and Ness comes back then he would be a Luigized clone?

Interesting...

Tyeforce

Smash Apprentice
So you think that if the laws of the universe break and Ness comes back then he would be a Luigized clone?

Interesting...
Less than a Luigized clone. "Up until now" could mean...ugh, never mind. I won't get into something I can't get myself out of. We'll just see what happens. There are only about two weeks left until Brawl comes out, anyway.

finalark

SNORLAX
Less than a Luigized clone. "Up until now" could mean...ugh, never mind. I won't get into something I can't get myself out of. We'll just see what happens. There are only about two weeks left until Brawl comes out, anyway.
Hmm.... so what was that about "Up until now"?
I won't flame, I just want to see your thoughts about it.

Tyeforce

Smash Apprentice
Hmm.... so what was that about "Up until now"?
I won't flame, I just want to see your thoughts about it.
I mean I don't have an explanation, so I don't want to try to make one up. I didn't make this thread to debate "up until now".

LuigiTendo

Smash Apprentice
Lucas and Ness are different, you are right. They have totally different styles as mentioned.
Lucas probably has totally different standard smashes. No bats, no yoyos ect.

Also...Ness fought with mostly electric based attacks.

Lucas appears to fight with *icy?* attacks? See? His standard B can turn opponents into Ice. His attacks all involve a silver diamond shape. They all look like snowflakes. So...they do appear different.

Panduh

Smash Journeyman
I think you're right.
I think he's secret with Capt. Falcon, just like in 64...

What about Ninten....

Panduh

Smash Journeyman
Lucas and Ness are different, you are right. They have totally different styles as mentioned.
Lucas probably has totally different standard smashes. No bats, no yoyos ect.

Also...Ness fought with mostly electric based attacks.

Lucas appears to fight with *icy?* attacks? See? His standard B can turn opponents into Ice. His attacks all involve a silver diamond shape. They all look like snowflakes. So...they do appear different.
They showed in that dramatic, recent video that came out on Dojo in December,
a scene with Lucas hitting some monsters with a bat or a stick.

Lucina Clash

Smash Apprentice
"Are you tired of seeing the same generic boy named Ness in Smash? Ever want something new since he got nerfed? Ever want something other than his PK Flash? We all wanted to... UP UNTIL NOW! Introducing Lucas, Ness's replace character! He uses PK Freeze instead of the old lag PK Flash! WAIT! There's mooore! He can use PK ability in most attacks now. So forget the same old boy with the hat! You now use Lucas! Remember, if you want Ness, "UP UNTIL NOW!" Okay!"

"(I DO THINK NESS has a chance, but small; I stand corrected later if Ness does get in then.....)"

dan smith

Smash Champion
Yeah, def, subtle contextual implications of roughly translated casual messages does not act as a good means of deduction.

This thread was extremely underwhelming. Having Lucas as a Luigized clone is nowhere near being a new idea. Claus is also, as previously mentioned, more desirable.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Just a little something that bugs me which makes me nitpick: Lucas would be the "clone", not Ness! If Ness has returned, then he will have been in Brawl first. Its like saying that Diddy Kong was in Brawl before the Ice Climbers because he was revealed first - its bad logic...

Either way, yes, Lucas' A moves look completely different than Ness' for the most part. We have already seen his forward air in many screenshots, and it is a kick that creates a PSI hexagon. Ness could indeed be the Mario to Lucas' Luigi...

mario brawler

Smash Journeyman
Playing Brawl until I have a seizure,nah im kiddin
I agree,and did anyone take into consideration the phrase"is it possible he can even surpass ness?"why would they ask that if lucas and ness could'nt brawl it out and now with the onett stage up-date thing's are looking better for ness,especially scince there's a high chance him and C.falcon will be secret's as they were on the 64,and they could change ness significantly he has plenty of moves that could replace the one lucas stol...I mean inherited,his sling shot,pk teleport(which will be a huge improvement over his pk thunder recovery :D)and the much desired Psi Rockin,besides sakurai said he'd try to not put in japan only character's

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Happen to notice that none of the original four hidden characters have been revealed yet? Isn't it at least plausible that they are all hidden?

I honestly think that they are trying to make their original eight vet fighters into the best characters. I know this sounds unbalanced but not by much. These original eight are the foundation and face of the franchise. Why not mold them to their highest potential?

I know this is 100% speculation, but I can't imagine bumping off a character that's been around since the beginning.

Then again, Link was removed and replaced with, well Link. It is a different character after all. I'unno I just don't wanna give up hope on Ness quite yet.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Wow, this is the last thing we needed a thread about in the Lucas section and it is nothing that hasn't been discussed in any of the three Ness threads and it's more about Ness than it is about Lucas, so I'm going to request it gets closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom