• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ISJR for R.O.B.? We should really look into this...

DRaGZ

Smash Champion

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Okay, I've gotten it to work with R.O.B. somewhat...and I've concluded that it's nigh-near useless for R.O.B. simply because you can't bust out his aerials as quickly as you would like, which is what his WoP is based on.

What do you guys think? I think Robo Burning is a far better tactic for R.O.B.

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
Okay, I've gotten it to work with R.O.B. somewhat...and I've concluded that it's nigh-near useless for R.O.B. simply because you can't bust out his aerials as quickly as you would like, which is what his WoP is based on.

What do you guys think? I think Robo Burning is a far better tactic for R.O.B.
whoops........

Ch0zen0ne

Smash Lord
Ok.. i don't feel like reading/listening to some dumb*ss smasher make some gamebreaking discovery, and act all high and mighty...

Dragz, can you explain it intelligently for the ROB community b/c i know you're actually an intelligent poster?

Dubz

Smash Cadet
Its just buffering a jump after attacking from your second jump and timing it so that you will jump around the same time you will be hitting the ground. If you time it correctly you simply do another second jump without hitting the ground or anything, reducing lag time. The timing is ridiculously tedious lol, I personally haven't tried it with ROB but I've only been able to do it a few times using marth or shiek and certainly not in succession.

IMO, this tech seems pretty cool but with characters that have big second hops it would be just like full hopping towards someone and spamming fair towards them as you fall, I don't really see how its going to be "gamebreaking" like they claim :confused:. Also I would imagine on stages like yoshi's or lylat where the stage is not level or is constantly shifting angles it would be nigh impossible to pull off(well maybe not yoshi's because its a set stage, but lylat wtf.)

I don't know, maybe the quicker usage of moves through this tech makes comboing possible, or so they are hoping over there lol. But apparently Dragz says it sucks for R.O.B so uhh gg?

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yB_QiRfMoY This is the video the guys been showing off, at 20 seconds he does this isjr 4 times in a row with snakes dair. Looks cool imo, but the guys jumping so high who the hells gunna get hit by that or not just attack from the sides lol.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
For Snake, it would be for some crazy-*** juggling.

But for R.O.B., this doesn't work as well. The only application I can see if u-airing over and over, but that'll stop working after two hits, and in that case, why not just fastfall and jump to u-air again? Sure, it's slightly slower, but it's far less difficult to do and just as effective.

It's useless for f-air comboing because it prevents you from doing f-airs back-to-back as quickly as possible, which gives the opponent way too much time to attack back.

It's almost impossible to do for the d-air because of the timing issues,

I see no real reason to ever use it for the back-air.

Using it with the n-air would make it way too rhythmetic and predictable, and the n-air is predictable enough as it is, we don't need to give them a warning that we're setting it up (plus, they would fly away after one hit anyway).

On top of all that, R.O.B. has the Robo Burner.

I personally just see no need for this tech. It could make Marth absurd, Pikachu absurd, Jigglypuff would never have to touch the ground, etc., but even for them it's situational. For now at least.

Bottom line, I don't see this being useful for R.O.B.

Dubz

Smash Cadet
Idk, not talking about R.O.B alone here, but I still don't think we will be able to combo using this technique. Hitstun is still too low and its not a very precision movement at least from what I can tell. The execution is, but you can't short hop your second jump I mean its a bit obvious when someone basically full hops ( higher than a normal full hop for some chars) at you and starts spamming aerials or something lol, you don't really have a choice. Maybe I just can't see the light yet on this one. I still think its cool though >.>.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
I can see it being executed quickly enough as an approach or a combo-starter, especially for characters were crazy double jumps or multi-jumps.

Not R.O.B. though.

Dubz

Smash Cadet
oh man, this thing seems like it would be scary for meta knight don't you think lol, quick successive jumps that don't take him very high :X. Sounds pretty good in his case. But I do see your point. And you probably know better than I do hehe.

In case you guys aren't checking the thread for isjr as much as I am, http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=GUX5cf5VQNY
the end of this is pretty crazy I have to admit. Nice Yoshi.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Yeah, like I said, some crazy stuff can potentially be done with some crazy characters, but for now there's not much for R.O.B. to take advantage of.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
Well it certainly does exist if that's what you mean.

I'm not terribly sure of it's functionality.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Well, I've screwed around with it for a few chars, and it's just silly with Marth and Wolf. Snake's b-air with it is kinda absurd too.

I see a lot of potential for this thing.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I don't know if this will be good for ROB, but it'll be good for other characters.

Someone should try to do this with ROB's u-air. That's the only move that will really be worth it. Falling u-air to extra second jump nair/dair? WIN!

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
Well since it kind of has it's own thread for everyone else I figured this was tethered to ROB discussion.

All the same I don't see it being that useful for ROB. Space Animals hell yes. But maybe not ROB.

Dubz

Smash Cadet
Well, I've screwed around with it for a few chars, and it's just silly with Marth and Wolf. Snake's b-air with it is kinda absurd too.

I see a lot of potential for this thing.
Isn't Marths second jump a bit high though, Snake Wolf I can see like bbqpwn. but with the timing you have to attack with marths,lets say fair, could you hit an opponent standing on the ground with the attack? Of course this includes fast falling, but I'm not sure if you've mastered that timing yet haha.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
If you fastfall, nair hit their head. F-air will hit their head too, I think. I'm including shorties like Kirby and Pika.

Dubz

Smash Cadet
Ah, nice. I guess we'll have to wait and see how other characters play this into their strategy then, pretty cool tech.

Top Bottom