• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

isai vs peru videos are up

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Tacna 12 character battle is pretty funny so far. First guy BEASTS Isai's high tiers, everyone else gets owned by Isai's low tiers.
That first guy is the same guy who plays mario later and gets BEASTED by Isai's link lol. He ummm... camps a lot. Link was like the perfect counter to him (Gerson), because he seems to not know how to approach or just refuses to even attempt it.

I wonder how long a 12 char battle between Gerson and Boom would take... 1 day? 2 days? A year?

mother_brain

Smash Rookie
btw totaling everything all the time can be deceiving. someone can lose 1000 times with their worst character, and win every match out of 500 with their best, and be down 500-1000 lol

sometimes you should even total by specific matchup, but if you do it this way, you might need a good amount of matches to have it mean something
Yeah, I would do that, but nobody beat you more than once in any matchup so far, so I agree, it wouldn't mean much. Oh well, no harm in generalizing as long as everyone is aware that I'm generalizing.

Tacna 12 character battle is pretty funny so far. First guy BEASTS Isai's high tiers, everyone else gets owned by Isai's low tiers.
Yeah, Gerson's camping was very effective. Seems pretty difficult to approach. Gustavo = Captain Tavo, right? He was good...

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
So many videos.

I marathoned like most of him v. Nesscozmos today but I have so many more to go.

Bloody good effort in uploading them all.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Holy ****. Peru is too good. Really impressed. Two different guys beat him in Pikachu dittos, and some other great players like Alancitu and Vlady didnt even play.

Isai aside (who still has the edge because of his amazing low tiers) i'd say Peru>USA, who agrees? :awesome:

Way to go Peru! Great job!

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
USA loses to everyone on average because their bell curve is greatly lessened thanks to a long trail of NOOBS.

Hence why Australia is the superioerest country at smash.

But seriously well done to Peru, fun and exciting players.

O.o-RITH-o.O

Smash Journeyman
agreed peru>eua,nesscosmoz won isai 5 times only boom did something like that before, 2 players won vs isai's pika,and not just that but,in us when a guy take 2 or 3 stocs off isai people say "he did well...",most of these matches isai finished with 2 or 1 stock..or even end up losing,and as u said, alancitu and vlady didn't even show

Sangoku

Smash Master
Your argument doesn't hold. If player a's best character loses to player b's best character, it doesn't mean player a is worse than player b. Why? Because player a might beat player b's best character with his secondaries. It's all about matchups and "best character" is only an average of how well one does against others. For example my best character varies depending on who I play against. This notion of best char is overly simplified.

:phone:

malva00

Smash Master
all the matches against Alvin are lined up and ready to upload on youtube

going to transfer Gerson to my comp soon. get your camping gear ready

DMoogle

A$
SO MANY VIDEOS. <3 <3 <3

BTW why have you been using u-air with the first double jump with Kirby when recovering? Just style, or is there another reason?

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
all the matches against Alvin are lined up and ready to upload on youtube

going to transfer Gerson to my comp soon. get your camping gear ready
i was wondering if you ever get frustrated with that style of play, or do you just see it as a challenge?

great matches by the way, hope you had a blast while you were there =)

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Your argument doesn't hold. If player a's best character loses to player b's best character, it doesn't mean player a is worse than player b. Why? Because player a might beat player b's best character with his secondaries. It's all about matchups and "best character" is only an average of how well one does against others. For example my best character varies depending on who I play against. This notion of best char is overly simplified.

:phone:
I've always thought that every char counts in SSB64 (although apparently some think only a top tier is needed to be a great player... facepalm) to me doing a 12-char battle is pretty good to see the overall players levels.

mother_brain

Smash Rookie
From what I've seen, I don't think I can even agree that Pikachu is Isai's best character anymore... His Link, Yoshi, and Jiggly consistently **** the higher tiers. And his Fox is ridiculous. When I see Isai's Fox, I think "Jesus Christ, this game is broken." I don't really feel that way watching his Pika... I guess Isai himself is the only authority on something like this, though.

malva00

Smash Master
i was wondering if you ever get frustrated with that style of play, or do you just see it as a challenge?

great matches by the way, hope you had a blast while you were there =)
i don't think i get frustrated, i just play

i had a good time

gerson vids are on my comp now and are being uploaded. 10 pika dittos <__< and 11.5 >__> Fox vs Pika

Daedatheus

Smash Lord
alancitu and vlady didn't even show
What?!? :urg:
Ultimate disappointment. The one guy I cared to watch facing off against Isai didn't even show (Alan).

Ah well, the other matches are pretty good. I think this might have to change our generally accepted "knowledge" that one must play online or outside of your own community to get really good. Gerson in particular plays very well, way better than I think anyone expected.

Battlecow

Play to Win
If your own community is an isolated desert oasis of smash where Melee hath not trod, a Mecca of 64, where "if you walk up to someone and say 'have you played smash 64' they will say 'Yes'" and "good player are like fish in the sea" then no, you don't need to play outside of your community.

Otherwise it's pretty necessary.

malva00

Smash Master
(7:46:56 PM) GaLanCiTu says: No al flirteo! No a la coqueteria plz T_T: it would have been better if you had come to my house.. pedro's house is a little far from me..
(7:48:20 PM) GaLanCiTu says: No al flirteo! No a la coqueteria plz T_T: another reason is that I wanted to play you but not in front of many people..
(7:48:21 PM) GaLanCiTu says: No al flirteo! No a la coqueteria plz T_T: sorry

guess flying to LIMA wasn't good enough jk

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
I'm not gonna lie I'm pretty over watching pikachu dittos at this point in my life.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Battlecow, u dead?

So malva im wondering who do you think is the best player you've faced in Peru? Gerson? What about Alan in those friendlies?

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
Wow... I never would of thought the level of play could get that high...

So far in Isai vs Gerson Pika Dittos it's 6-3 Isai (yeah im keepin a score so what sue me)

Now 6-4 Isai

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Wow 13 minute pikachu dittos...

Thank god I don't have the patience to have games like that. I'd rather rush in and get pwned. The game just isn't fun at all (IMO) when it gets that campy.

All the other vids are great though.

AlanCiTuAndPope20

Smash Journeyman
What?!? :urg:
Ultimate disappointment. The one guy I cared to watch facing off against Isai didn't even show (Alan).

Ah well, the other matches are pretty good. I think this might have to change our generally accepted "knowledge" that one must play online or outside of your own community to get really good. Gerson in particular plays very well, way better than I think anyone expected.
Sorry to disappoint you.. No time enough.. This is what GaLanCiTu does everyday:

From Monday to Friday! He works from 8.00 am to 5.00 pm then he goes to study until 10.00.pm then he spends about 1 hour and half with his girlfriend.. When he returns home the tvs that he wants to use= Mom is watching a movie.. the other tv = his brother is playing GOD OF WAR III so he goes to sleep.

On weekends... He spends some time with his family... he writes english articles... this finishes around 4 pm.. then he spends the rest of his time with his girlfriend..

He doesn't know but he thinks the guilty is his girlfriend T_T.

Sorry He just can say .. he totallt messed up...

Btw nice matches with the rest of players

On weekends he spends

kys

Smash Ace
Camping doesn't do Gerson justice. There needs to be a new term. I would suggest "Gersoning", but that's not too original. Maybe someone clever can come up with something that takes us out of the peaceful woods/tent setting and brings us to something more permanent, like a wartime foxhole or perhaps a safehouse on the moon.

dch111

Smash Journeyman
Pikachu's grab game (+dash/pivot) is too good. There were points in the dittos where I felt that everything beyond level 3A of the smash learning curve has just been smoke and mirrors, and that we'd never really silenced the ghost of the grab phase.

'course, after seeing Isai's pika get 4-stocked, I could probably imagine anything

Battlecow

Play to Win
Genesis 2: 8-10 minute matches, boom beats Isai. But hell, that was mostly on hyrule, Isai was playing low tiers, you know how that goes

Then Alancitu flakes because 2 months wasn't enough warning and Isai flying to Lima and bringing him a controller wasn't convenient enough

Then Gerson retreats into his shell and hibernates for 10 excruciating dittos.

Am I the only one who's a little let down?

Also, Isai, what are your thoughts on hyrule after the Gerson experience?

O **** no

Wait guys I got it

Good player fund to fly Boom to Tacna. Him vs. Gerson for the title of 2nd best in the world. Fox on Pika, Hyrule only.

By the time they're done, we'll all be dead anyways, so it won't matter. They can livestream the good bits, we can make hype threads every time a laser hits, we'll send them controllers every couple of months. Problem solved.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
I don't think they played to please us, so I'm perfectly happy that we got all the matches that we did. Alancitu gave legitimate reasons as to why he didn't go, and he obviously was a bit nervous.

Boom going to play them would be pretty cool though.

Top Bottom