• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac's Fan Model and Moveset for PM

unlistedNiL

Smash Cadet
This is not an official thread. I am just a fan with an imagination; this is a fantasy move-set that I picture Isaac having. It is complete with 8 references of psynergy spells and a unique djinn/summon system that uses all of Isaac's djinn and correlative effects. Isaac should have small jumps but be rewarded with high damage output, fairly good range and speed. He should have good anti-air options, which makes the player want to stick to the ground more since he is a Venus ('Earth") Adept.) Link comes to mind as a similar play-style as well as Lucario in other similar elements. Anything marked with an asterisk* has a reference at the bottom of the page. If this threads get going, then I will make images depicting potential hitboxes for all the moves. Enjoy reading~

Neutral Air: Sabre Dance* (little to no push-back, hits multiple times for low damage, critical spot of suction is very small but all blades hit, hitbox is a little bigger than Isaac's body)
Up Air: Backflip kick similar to Cap'n Falcon's (add a yellow/venus Psynergy trial in the animation)
Forward Air: Sword Swing (similar to Roy's but slower and weaker, strongest when beginning the animation)
Down Air: Spire* (isaac summons a spire beneath him kicks it, adds air time, spike potential, similar to Lucas's dair, spire disappears after Isaac jumps, close/melee range)
Back Air: Back Stab (Isaac stabs behind him, small hitbox almost like a punch, best damage in the beginning)

Neutral A: punch, kick, uppercut or 3 sword swings (sends target up, can combo into magic, should have little range but good speed- even tho I suggested this, I honestly dont like the idea of Isaac punching and kicking since it wasn't canon- he is a swordsman- magician. )
Up Tilt A: fast vertical slash (sends target up)
Side Tilt A: mini-quake (crouches and stabs ground or slam fist onto ground, creates a very small tremor, flips opponent, very different animation from Smash Quake, finishing potential if the target is very damaged.)
Down Tilt A: fast sword swing with good knockback (Kill potential if target is highly damaged)

Running A: vorpal slash* (released by the elven rapier, some travel distance, hitbox is just a flash, often lands behind opponent, MAYBE include a critical sweet spot for extra damage, not much knockback, more of a catching tool)

Forward Smash: Powerful sword swing with djinn might* (He uses Flint, shorter than Roy's Forward Smash, very high knockback a little weaker than Mario's in damage+knockback, potentially works with Summon System???)
Up Smash: Gaia* (sends opponent up, finisher, anti-air attack, short delay or a casting animation for balancing purposes. This could be a potential recovery that also works like Link's in the sense that it would only propel him upward if he is airborne.)
Down Smash: Quake* (sends opponent up or down depending on how they are hit, extra damage if touching Isaac)

Neutral B: Move* (hold it to increase duration but Isaac stays in animation)
Side B: Ragnarok* (lunge chargeable for distance, Isaac summons a sword and slams down with it, center stage finisher potential, good damage, spiking potential, sends opponent up if it hits the platform (can Tek out of it) and good ledge guard but if its activated off the ledge Isaac will plummet off stage, delay animation before activation [Isaac flips upward then falls, direct-able if animation is too long], hitbox begins in the air, super armor frames while falling, if hit before fall but after sword is summoned it shatters)
Up B: Retreat* (teleports, no hitbox, distance depends on performance and should be modified accordingly)
Down B: Grab Random djinn (Summon System- Link's bombs revamped into low dmg, knockback but random effects that lead toward a summon similar to Lucario's aura. Its up to the dev's of whoever implements Isaac- but it would be totally amazing if there was all four summons- OR if you are able to stack summon points enough, a free final smash aura or Judgment- this would be equal to 4 times the amount of 1 Venus and should be adjusted further for balancing purposes. 4x sounds nice because it is canon and it sounds somewhat balanced depending on how hard the Venus is.)
Press A to throw it (little push back, stuns frames and damage) activates random debuff on hit: slows X% for x seconds (vine), Stuns for 1 second (Ground), Poison DoT for x% damage (Bane), and MAYBE include Sap (heal x% on hit- would be the only djinn left out, and it was my favorite)
Press
Down B again to buff yourself without attacking, animation length is something idk about, but they aren't supposed to be very much the point is to summon, nor are any numbers that are in the next parenthesized text (small or 25%? defense boost or x seconds (Granite, maybe restores shield some), or Heal x% (Quartz modified), MAYBE include Flint, again, small/25% attack boost for x seconds)
After X many hits with the djinn, you are rewarded a summon: press A+B to activate it. Summons Venus (can only hold one, Sends opponent up, not a ledge guard tool because of it, mid-air activation possible, does good damage, below is an animation of Venus, should change to have Isaac in the epicenter of it, range, size and damage should be decided by the dev team, like the rest of his moves- lol i have no power.)

Grab: grabs with Psynergy hand, can grab ledge (if Isaac can tether, I think it should be situational since it should subtract a small amount from his summon gauge. This disables him from using it right after Judgement without landing hits with dijiin first- but that isn't too canon... OR we could have a different system for called the PP system which revolves around him landing A attacks)
Grab Forward: Hit forward
Grab Backward: Back toss and launches a psynergy hand
Grab Up: launches opponent up.
Grab Down: Slams down then casts thorns/growth* (most damage for his grab)

Final Smash: Judgement

*References:
Sabre Dance:

Spire: revamped into a melee

Vorpal Slash: i am biased about this weapon and attack but if Isaac gets a canon weapon then it should have its correlating canon animation such as Titan Blade released from Gaia Blade.

Gaia: revamped to have Isaac inside

Flint;

Quake: reduced range

Move: obviously needs a downsize

Ragnarok: revamped into a dash.

Retreat: sorry i couldn't find a gif of this. He teleports colorfully.

Growth/Thorns: revamped into a down grab.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

unlistedNiL

Smash Cadet
bump for discussion purposes. Who wants to share their ideas on Isaac? Or critique mine? Any Golden Sun fans that have been wanting to see Isaac play in Smash out there? I've been wanting him since melee. Based on the polls, there is bound to be a few people out there that want to discuss Isaac!

There are 2 PSA versions of Isaac (for brawl) just so everyone knows, and some inspiration was drawn from it tho most of it was fan based. The more popular one can be seen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXAMB1zNB-A I like some of his moves but ultimately I am disappointed, tho this is a really amazing underground mod! The other version had a PP, or Psynergy Point system, but all I know about that version is hearsay.)

Last edited:

unlistedNiL

Smash Cadet
bump 4 discussion purposes, how do i delete posts?

Last edited:

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
I hope Isaac makes it into an official build of Project M in the future. He could be easily cloned off of Pit and just have a few of his moves switched up.

unlistedNiL

Smash Cadet
I hope Isaac makes it into an official build of Project M in the future. He could be easily cloned off of Pit and just have a few of his moves switched up.
ME TOO!!! He would be the perfect choice considering all his options!

aloeknight47

Smash Rookie
Bamp.

I would like to have a more comprehensive Djinn system, adjusting stats and Psynergy like in the games, but that may either 1: overcomplicate the moveset or 2: make him Shulk

Last edited:

unlistedNiL

Smash Cadet
I would like to have a more comprehensive Djinn system, adjusting stats and Psynergy like in the games, but that may either 1: overcomplicate the moveset or 2: make him Shulk
ya, that was an idea that I had as well but a Shulk clone is definitely a possible outcome, and probably not very desired. I forgot who and where, but someone suggested a system similar to samus' in PM, how she can change from freezing powers etc. I like that idea too.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
is this a work in progress? or just concepts?

i reallyy want an issak psa!

Last edited:

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Well ya I know one exists, but it needs a lottt of polishing before it's usable competitively

Kes

Smash Cadet
I would love to see Isaac in PM! Regarding that PSA I would want to see more polishing before I'd actually use it, and I'm a little iffy as to why that model doesn't look as good as the one from his assist trophy?

Also

Hasn't Isaac been leaked as a clone engine character already?

unlistedNiL

Smash Cadet
if you want spoilers go to smash reddit- this is not the website for that ;D I'm glad everyone understands that.

bump for discussion purposes.

is referring someone to a website with leaks against the rules ?

Top Bottom