• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac (Golden Sun) in SSBB thread

Dave the Perspicacious

Smash Journeyman
It is very flashy I would agree, but as for overpowered - concept, not numbers :laugh:

EDIT: I added in some Aerial A moves to my moveset...

Ground A moves:

Neutral A:A simple punch punch kick combo, I guess?
Forward Tilt:Isaac slashes with his sword using his standard strike.
Up Tilt:Whirwind - small whirwind appears in Isaacs hand which he holds up.

Aerial A moves:

Aerial Neutral A: Demon Night - Some ghosts fly around Isaac (tightly hugging him, similar to Mewtwos Neutral Aerial A except different animation for the attack).
Aerial Forward A:Condemn - slashes in large arc with a red demonic light.
Aerial Back A:Isaac kicks backwards.
Aerial Up A:Not sure :/
Aerial Down A:Annihilation - Isaac swipes his sword downwards.

Dash Attack:

Dash Attack:Helm Splitter - Isaac charges through the foe with a mighty slash, dealing good damage and knockback.

Smash Moves:

Forward Smash:Flint - The Djinn Flint appears and deals a crushing blow.

Up Smash:punji Strike - The opponent is launched into the air by an explosion of Bamboo from the ground. When being charged, Isaac does a cool summoning stance. Only the tip of the Bamboo damages and launches upwards.

Down Smash:Nettle - Isaac points his hands down at the ground in front of the opponent and it explodes in a group of sharp plants. Good damage, bad knockback.

Grab and Throws:

Grab:Isaac puts one hand out and the Djinn "Ground" appears instantly holding the foe in front of Isaac using gravity.
Grab A:The Djinn Bane instantly appears and wacks the opponent doing a little damage then just as quickly dissappears.
Forward Throw:Force - The opponent is sent flying forward by a white fist.
Back Throw:Not sure for a good back throw - sorry.
Up Throw:Lift-Opponent is launched into to the air by two white gloves. (no not like Master and Crazy Hand :laugh:)
Down Throw:Stone Spire - Stalactites materialise above the opponent and then crash down into them.

B moves:

Netural B:Grand Gaia - Isaac does that cool summoning stance from the official art and the ground begins to tremor without doing damage. When fully charged it can be stored (this is to make the move actually useful!) or unleashed straight away. When unleashed the ground rips open below Isaac and many rocks come flying up in a bright light doing major damage (the rocks will fade into nothing slightly above Isaac's head) Note: the move has a relatively long charge time (think Roy's flareblade) which is why it can be stored.

Side B:Ragnarok - A giant sword comes slamming down into the ground from an angle above Isaac's head. Sword materialises above his head and disappears slightly below his feet(obviously further away from him) Attack has an explosive effect when used on the ground and does more damage + knockback.

Up B:Retreat - Isaac teleports (similar to Mewtwo's teleport but with the animation from Golden Sun, as mentioned by OP).

Down B:Halt - Isaac sticks a hand out and a ghostly clock appears around his arm, temporarily freezing the opponent in his tracks.

Final Smash:

Final Smash:Judgement or Iris.
Cheers,

Dave

Dave the Perspicacious

Smash Journeyman
Your probably right, I think i might have went too far trying to be creative with his abilities. If he was not really slow with that moveset, it would be a bit too powerful, and I guess making such a flashy moveset weak, would be a little strange. Ah well - it was all for fun.

Of course, the main idea was to re-enforce how cool a character he would be if he was in Brawl, and I think I portrayed that quite nicely (hopefully)

Thanks for your response :chuckle:

Dave

Dave the Perspicacious

Smash Journeyman
Definitely - the probability of him being in would rise exponentially if another GS game is in development. I really hope so.

GS for Wii and Isaac for Brawl :laugh:

Dave

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
"cool"?

No, man. He has to be in!

*gets delusional*

XD

Isaac is just such an awesome character for this game, he needs to be in.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
The only reason i wouldnt be mad if Isaac wasnt in Brawl is because they probably wouldnt make him right. He should fight like a medieval jedi, with quick sword swipes and quick force magic attacks.

Dave the Perspicacious

Smash Journeyman
Hmm interesting. Yeah that would be pretty cool, and your right, I guess there is alot that could go wrong with him as a character. But I think the emphasis should be placed on his Psynergy primarily.

Dave

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Yeah, people's biggest complaint against Isaac is that he's "another sword fighter", but those who say that have no idea what they're talking about since there's such a thing as psyenergy in the games which is Isaac's primary way of attacking, not swords.

Dave the Perspicacious

Smash Journeyman
Yeah definitely, the truthful fact of the matter is Isaac has far more potential that most of the character suggestions, even if others are slightly more deserving.

It's entirely possible to make a moveset for him with only his Earth and Field Psynergy and Djinn, although that could arguably make his sword redundant.

Theres just so much potential for Isaac, It would be a great shame if he didn't make it.

Dave

Nergal

Smash Journeyman
I kinda want Alex to be in though. Its about tim he started fighting.

Dave the Perspicacious

Smash Journeyman
Alex is definitely badass, but the main problem is, that it is highly unlikely for an antagonist to precede a protagonist. Although if there was some way around that, Alex would simply rock.

Dave

Dave the Perspicacious

Smash Journeyman
Not necessarily. Speed does not dictate how good a character is. It will be a combination of many factors.

-Ability to combo.
-Versatility of the characters moveset.
-Their moveset (duh.)
-The synergy of a characters moves.
-Recovery
-Traction
etc etc etc

Dave

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
I think Isaac has pretty good chances. He was in the top 22 in the poll. He was mentioned twice. Maybe Sakurai will brawlify him.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
He better be Brawlified. He's the character I support the most. Hell, any of the other newcomers I've suggested I don't care for as much as him, he could be the only newcomer out of my list and I wouldn't care!

Just put him in... That's all I ask... XD

Card

Smash Lord
Reasons and Hints as to why Isaac should get in Smash Brawl;

1) Totally new Franchise (Sakurai has stated that he is interested in bringing as many franchises together as he can)
2) In 2001, Golden Sun won the Nintendo Power Award for best Game Boy Advance game of the year (In addition, At IGN, Golden Sun has a ranking of 9.7 out of 10 ("Incredible"), a 9.2/10 on MobyGames,[51] an 8.6/10 on GameSpot,[50] and an 8.5/10 on GameInformer.com (the main complaint being low replay value, it was still titled "GBA's Golden Child")
3) Golden Sun's composer is currently working on Smash Brawl.
4) Large array of movesets which could be taken directly from the games
5) The character Isaac himself, is incredibly cool and poised, and would fit right into the Smash Universe easily.
6) Camelot is a second party company, but the character Isaac HIMSELF is owned directly by Nintendo (1st party)

So yea... basically...

Isaac for Brawl!

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
Reasons and Hints as to why Isaac should get in Smash Brawl;

1) Totally new Franchise (Sakurai has stated that he is interested in bringing as many franchises together as he can)
2) In 2001, Golden Sun won the Nintendo Power Award for best Game Boy Advance game of the year (In addition, At IGN, Golden Sun has a ranking of 9.7 out of 10 ("Incredible"), a 9.2/10 on MobyGames,[51] an 8.6/10 on GameSpot,[50] and an 8.5/10 on GameInformer.com (the main complaint being low replay value, it was still titled "GBA's Golden Child")
3) Golden Sun's composer is currently working on Smash Brawl.
4) Large array of movesets which could be taken directly from the games
5) The character Isaac himself, is incredibly cool and poised, and would fit right into the Smash Universe easily.
6) Camelot is a second party company, but the character Isaac HIMSELF is owned directly by Nintendo (1st party)

So yea... basically...

Isaac for Brawl!
QTF man...QTF

shadowmm151

Smash Apprentice
OMG the Isaac thread!! I saw this so long ago and didn't post and then it just disappeared. Now its back!

I think Isaac should definitely be in Brawl. He's a fresh face and was in a super sweet original RPG for the GBA. I personally like him better than Felix since he was the first hero you played as and I kinda felt that Felix was a portrayed as a little whiny and weak in that first game...Plus if you ever beat the second you know Isaac's the 'true' hero.

That aside; Isaac's moveset should be a short of cross between marth and zelda. Isaac stirkes me as a faster character like marth and his swordsmanship speaks for itself. However Isaac uses psynergy which is basically magic like what zelda uses. Him using only his sword for his a-attacks and psynergy for his b-attacks is too one dimensional and will only serve to prove the 'too many swordsman in brawl' argument. By mixing his moves with sword attacks, psynergy and even djinn based attacks he becomes a completely new character that is really fresh and different to play with. I'll think up a moveset later but I think if Isaac were to be introduced he would be this Marth/Zelda hybrid.

JPW

Smash Ace
I've probably said this before in this same thread.

But I would love to see Isaac make the cut.

However isn't Camelot like a 3rd party, or is it a 2nd party?

He could be exclusive to Nintendo.

I've been playing Golden Sun lately. I'm on GS2 now, I forgot how good this series was, I hope Camelot do plan on making a GS3. Cause to me Golden Sun is by far one of the best series on GBA to date. Or any handheld for that matter.

I'm curious about his moveset it could be limited cause we rarely see Isaac. Because his moves all come from which Djinns you have set to him. Sure you could probably give him a few sword swipes or axe swips, but any real sword swipes and he could be considered a clone to Ike.

I'm sad to say this but I feel Isaac has a better chance as an assist.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
"We rarely see Isaac"? "All of his moves come from Djinns"? "He would be an Ike clone"?

Do you have any clue what you're saying?

There's something call Psynergy. Isaac has several attacks using that, and that could be made into a lot of moves, you know?

Isaac as an AT would be very disappointing. That's what we call wasted potential.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
"We rarely see Isaac"? "All of his moves come from Djinns"? "He would be an Ike clone"?

Do you have any clue what you're saying?

There's something call Psynergy. Isaac has several attacks using that, and that could be made into a lot of moves, you know?

Isaac as an AT would be very disappointing. That's what we call wasted potential.
Exactly, Issac has access to plenty of cool and unique attacks like
this and this (note: even tho its not him,Issac can learn these)

Dave the Perspicacious

Smash Journeyman
Isaac does not need to be a clone or a combination of any characters. He has the potential to be entirely unique thanks to his Psynergy, Djinn, and Summons.

This moveset I made shows that it is entirely possible to make up a moveset with minimal sword moves, like most people assume he has to have plenty of.

Ground A moves:

Neutral A:A simple punch punch kick combo, I guess?
Forward Tilt:Isaac slashes with his sword using his standard strike.
Up Tilt:Whirwind - small whirwind appears in Isaacs hand which he holds up.

Aerial A moves:

Aerial Neutral A: Demon Night - Some ghosts fly around Isaac (tightly hugging him, similar to Mewtwos Neutral Aerial A except different animation for the attack).
Aerial Forward A:Condemn - slashes in large arc with a red demonic light.
Aerial Back A:Isaac kicks backwards.
Aerial Up A:Not sure :/
Aerial Down A:Annihilation - Isaac swipes his sword downwards.

Dash Attack:

Dash Attack:Helm Splitter - Isaac charges through the foe with a mighty slash, dealing good damage and knockback.

Smash Moves:

Forward Smash:Flint - The Djinn Flint appears and deals a crushing blow.

Up Smash:punji Strike - The opponent is launched into the air by an explosion of Bamboo from the ground. When being charged, Isaac does a cool summoning stance. Only the tip of the Bamboo damages and launches upwards.

Down Smash:Nettle - Isaac points his hands down at the ground in front of the opponent and it explodes in a group of sharp plants. Good damage, bad knockback.

Grab and Throws:

Grab:Isaac puts one hand out and the Djinn "Ground" appears instantly holding the foe in front of Isaac using gravity.
Grab A:The Djinn Bane instantly appears and wacks the opponent doing a little damage then just as quickly dissappears.
Forward Throw:Force - The opponent is sent flying forward by a white fist.
Back Throw:Not sure for a good back throw - sorry.
Up Throw:Lift-Opponent is launched into to the air by two white gloves. (no not like Master and Crazy Hand :laugh:)
Down Throw:Stone Spire - Stalactites materialise above the opponent and then crash down into them.

B moves:

Netural B:Grand Gaia - Isaac does that cool summoning stance from the official art and the ground begins to tremor without doing damage. When fully charged it can be stored (this is to make the move actually useful!) or unleashed straight away. When unleashed the ground rips open below Isaac and many rocks come flying up in a bright light doing major damage (the rocks will fade into nothing slightly above Isaac's head) Note: the move has a relatively long charge time (think Roy's flareblade) which is why it can be stored.

Side B:Ragnarok - A giant sword comes slamming down into the ground from an angle above Isaac's head. Sword materialises above his head and disappears slightly below his feet(obviously further away from him) Attack has an explosive effect when used on the ground and does more damage + knockback.

Up B:Retreat - Isaac teleports (similar to Mewtwo's teleport but with the animation from Golden Sun, as mentioned by OP).

Down B:Halt - Isaac sticks a hand out and a ghostly clock appears around his arm, temporarily freezing the opponent in his tracks.

Final Smash:

Final Smash:Judgement or Iris.

My first moveset: if it sucks, I sincerely apologise.
This is using only purely Venus Djinn and psynergy, from only the first game. So much more can be possible with Isaac.

Cheers,

Dave

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
I really hope Issac is in, he's so unique with his Venus Psynergy+Sword Fighting. Also if he is in I hope they bring some much from his game, The Main Battle theme and, Satruous(sp) Battle theme would be amazing.

I also Rather like Oddessey for his final smash, but it would seem to be a bit broken the way I imagine it though. Two swords crashing into the bottm and top of the stage at an angle, then Issac rushing forward with His giant Mega-sized sword.

Top Bottom