• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
A thing that we can all agree is that McLeodGaming sure knows how to make characters. I mean, in this game, my mains are: Pikachu, Lloyd and Ness (and now Isaac) and Lloyd just feels perfect when compared to his game.

Also, Isaac's Growth seems to be overpower, it just ensnares characters for a long time, leaving them vulnerable to a Smash Attack or like they showed in the video, this Down Special, Gaia. Although characters can escape it easily at low percentages, they will struggle much more at higher percentages, giving Isaac time to easily finish them off. Also, it has a really high range.

Now, the most important question, what do you think his Final Smash will be? I would either say Odyssey or Judgement.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Also, Isaac's Growth seems to be overpower, it just ensnares characters for a long time, leaving them vulnerable to a Smash Attack or like they showed in the video, this Down Special, Gaia. Although characters can escape it easily at low percentages, they will struggle much more at higher percentages, giving Isaac time to easily finish them off. Also, it has a really high range.
Growth does seem a bit overpowered. There doesn't appear to a limit to how many he can toss, it doesn't seem to have much startup or ending lag either. And getting hit by it gives Isaac a free Smash attack at best, and costs you a stock at worst.
Though we've yet to actually see it in action, so maybe there's a catch.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
A thing that we can all agree is that McLeodGaming sure knows how to make characters. I mean, in this game, my mains are: Pikachu, Lloyd and Ness (and now Isaac) and Lloyd just feels perfect when compared to his game.

Now, the most important question, what do you think his Final Smash will be? I would either say Odyssey or Judgement.
Judgement or riot

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Last edited:

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
If Odyssey was the final smash, I would rather have the one in Dark Dawn instead the one in The Lost Age. 0:46 in the video below.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Great.

Now I have missed the Direct for SSF2 while I was gone.

Well atleast Isaac was shown and looking at your reaction, he seems great.

Now I will go watch that video if my Internet allows me.

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
My top pick for unconfirmed DLC. I always wanted Isaac to be a character ever since I saw his brawl assist trophy. And now he's in ssf2. *crosses fingers for ssb4*

Nerdicon

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one who's mildly disappointed in Isaac's SSF2 moveset? I'm just a little underwhelmed by the lack of psynergy in his movepool. I mean WHY IS HIS BACK AIR A KICK!?!?!?!?!?!?! WHY!?!?!?! Isaac has a grand total of TWO different physical attack animations with his sword a jump slash and the "rapid smash" double slash attack. Not to mention the only non-Venus psynergy in his moveset is Move which he has anyway. Where's Thorn? Rockfall? Spire? RAGNAROK?!?!?(that might be his FS though) but really? And that's only the Venus psynergy. Other things he could've had in his moveset.
  • Planet Diver or Planetary as a down air (think falcon kick)
  • The Blast series as a back air (Like Zelda's Up air, but backwards)
  • Thorn as an up smash (just a large thorn shooting upwards)
  • Rockfall as a special
  • Spire as a down air instead of planet diver (a slow powerful downwards projectile)
  • Froth as a Neutral special (rotating bubbles)
  • Cutting edge or Wind Slash as an Up air (Wide ranged up air with terrible kill power)
  • Death Plunge as an up throw
  • Retreat as an up special (it's a teleport people)
  • ANYTHING related to the djinn or summons (again Judgment could be the FS)

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Am I the only one who's mildly disappointed in Isaac's SSF2 moveset? I'm just a little underwhelmed by the lack of psynergy in his movepool. I mean WHY IS HIS BACK AIR A KICK!?!?!?!?!?!?! WHY!?!?!?! Isaac has a grand total of TWO different physical attack animations with his sword a jump slash and the "rapid smash" double slash attack. Not to mention the only non-Venus psynergy in his moveset is Move which he has anyway. Where's Thorn? Rockfall? Spire? RAGNAROK?!?!?(that might be his FS though) but really? And that's only the Venus psynergy. Other things he could've had in his moveset.
  • Planet Diver or Planetary as a down air (think falcon kick)
  • The Blast series as a back air (Like Zelda's Up air, but backwards)
  • Thorn as an up smash (just a large thorn shooting upwards)
  • Rockfall as a special
  • Spire as a down air instead of planet diver (a slow powerful downwards projectile)
  • Froth as a Neutral special (rotating bubbles)
  • Cutting edge or Wind Slash as an Up air (Wide ranged up air with terrible kill power)
  • Death Plunge as an up throw
  • Retreat as an up special (it's a teleport people)
  • ANYTHING related to the djinn or summons (again Judgment could be the FS)
We've only seen his specials and 2-3 other attacks and YOU'RE ALREADY COMPLAINING?!

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
We've only seen his specials and 2-3 other attacks and YOU'RE ALREADY COMPLAINING?!
Woah! Dude chill out it's his opinion, he can judge whatever he wants from the gameplay shown, calm down.

Last edited:

Nerdicon

Smash Journeyman
Why yes most definitely. Isaac was a character I wanted in Smash Bros before I knew who he was, now I've practically beaten Golden Sun, so I had my expectations set to way unbelievably high (I really tried to lower them, my standards are just too high).

Nerdicon

Smash Journeyman
(Begs to Sakurai for Golden Sun DLC pack for smash)
My idea for a Golden Sun DLC pack:
Isaac as a new character
Either Garet or Felix as an assist trophy
A new stage, like a Lighthouse Tour or something
A few trophies of some of the Golden Sun characters
Epicness: 11/10
Likeliness: 9 x -10^234/10

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Really digging that the thread title was finally changed.
I always thought Super Smash Bros. Crusade looked more interesting and polished anyways, but that's just me.

Last edited:
NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
I always thought Super Smash Bros. Crusade looked more interesting and polished anyways, but that's just me.
It really is better but that's just because it has more characters and better graphics, but something crusade doesn't have is Isaac

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
It really is better but that's just because it has more characters and better graphics, but something crusade does have is Ridley
Fixed :troll: :troll:
Your opinion. I respect, O Great "Like King", but IMO, SSF2 has this "quality over quantity" thing that really draws me into it.
Also Issac ^_^

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Really?
I always thought Crusade had extremely wonky hitboxes and was butt ugly.
Although it does tend to run better on my PC on account of it not being Flash.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
But IMO, SSF2 has this "quality over quantity" thing that really draws me into it.
Also Issac ^_^
^This, also, Crusade has way too many Capcom characters (although Flash 2 has way too many anime characters), but overall, I prefer SSF2 over Crusade.

And we're getting Isaac on it, but although I really liked his moveset, I agree with @ Nerdicon Nerdicon when he says that the physical moves weren't necessary (I would rather his back-air be a sword strike and his down-air be Spire, instead of that freaking Falco Spin). As for his Up-Air it could be Force. Overall, his moveset is good and I'm definitely maining him.

Really?
I always thought Crusade had extremely wonky hitboxes and was butt ugly.
Although it does tend to run better on my PC on account of it not being Flash.
^And someone that agrees with me, Crusade graphics are just ugly. Also, the the SSF2 Beta Lloyd, it looks really cool and polished.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Honestly, I kind of wish the two teams of Crusade and SSF2 would just merge together and we could end up with a huge, polished Smash fangame.
We could have Ridley (:troll:) and Saki in SSF2!
Also, Smash Flash 2 would have no more competition (if there was even any before), making it the best Smash fan game ever.

Nerdicon

Smash Journeyman
We could have Ridley (:troll:) and Saki in SSF2!
Also, Smash Flash 2 would have no more competition (if there was even any before), making it the best Smash fan game ever.
But it wouldn't have Shulk...Shulk for SSF2

It really is better but that's just because it has more characters and better graphics, but something crusade doesn't have is Isaac
Okay I can understand more characters, but better graphics? Are we talking about the same Crusade here? SSF2 has far superior graphics when compared to Crusade. Not to mention the characters seem well-made unlike Crusade. Huh? Crusade has Ridley? I change my mind, they're equal.

Last edited by a moderator:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
For the record, guys I have never played either. I'm going off of videos and things, and I, personally, think Crusade looks better, but that doesn't mean I think it is better.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well, Apex 2015 is still a go, in spite of the bad weather.

Not to worry; Isaac has trudged through worse weather.

D

Deleted member

I have no power to do such a thing.

Currently, the roster is unavailable to the public and decisions are among the higher ups of the development team, which I am not a part of.

Sorry to disappoint. Though if it's any consolation, Isaac may be in discussion considering (I believe) he was part of the planned roster back when it was public.

Top Bottom