• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
As long as he doesn't get voice again by the VA from Brawl (that female voice was really out of place for a character like Isaac).

D

Deleted member

I looked the guy you said up in Google, and it says he's a stand up comedian, so I'm convinced that you were trying to make us laugh. It didn't work.
Besides, I think we can all agree Nancy Cartwright is a better option.
Nancy Cartwright is a terrible choice for Isaac.

She's not that great in her character range, and I'm not saying this as an insult, because she's leagues better than the other two primary female voicetalents on The Simpsons, Yeardley Smith and Julie Kavner. I mean, with Smith, even if she's doing a Melonesian girl or an ameoba, it's still the Lisa voice... though I always get a crack out of Trailer Park Lisa from "Lisa the Simpson".

Plus, her range as far as characters in that series, @ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 , is predominantly little boys such as Bart and Ralph Wiggum and thuggish teenagers like Nelson Muntz and Jimbo Jones. For once, my supreme knowledge of The Simpsons shines through here.

Female voices?

Japanese character?

Nothing out of the ordinary here. :p
Personally, I'm cool (well... I'd prefer it, actually) with Aya Hara doing the voice of Isaac again. Yes, I know, I know... Japanese woman doing grunts for teenage boy... the horror. The horror.

But, this sorta goes by me feeling that Golden Sun shouldn't have voiceovers in the main game, so if you feel like you have to give them noises in Super Smash Bros. I know we all want Golden Sun to get the Monolith Soft Xenofranchise treatment of big exposition and voice acting, but there are stark differences between Monolith Soft and Camelot. Monolith Soft is a major studio that was part of the Namco family before Nintendo got it, while Camelot is a small-time second-party outlet that is responsible for an original Nintendo IP, as well as the Mario sports games. Because of the locations of the two in the company, Monolith Soft is gonna get a lot of help from Nintendo in developing games, since they also help as well, while Camelot is much smaller in stature and the assisance they get from Nintendo as far as Golden Sun goes is a fraction of the Mario games. I know I've probably said in frustration that Nintendo doesn't care as much for Golden Sun a times, but in reality, I know they do, because it's one of the more popular VC franchises on the Wii U. However, if an installment doesn't do so well, that sorta shifts the priority meter of the franchise because you got, like, 10 or more other IPs you have that do a lot better, so the attention has to shift elsewhere.

But, back to what I had just said; I think it would work a lot better if Golden Sun still got the old school RPG treatment and was a more intimate game on a portable as opposed to being a massive exposition on a home console. Granted, this does hurt the chances of the franchise getting serious recognition in Smash Bros., because I would like serious hype for new games, but I also have to be realistic.

Though I still think Golden Sun does deserve some recognition in Smash Bros.. I mean, if Isaac wasn't in the plans at any capacity, at the very least they could have made two trophies from Dark Dawn for the 3DS version. I would've been disappointed, but it sure would've beaten the waiting game for nothing.

As for SSF2 vs. Crusade... I don't normally like Flash Smash Bros. games due to the fact that there is often laziness in character spriting, and the overabundance of animated characters. But, I'd have to give the nod to SSF2 because I view it as more "professional" than Crusade in it's design. I mean, Isaac looks pretty good here.

Last edited by a moderator:

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
At least SSF2's roster is an awesome improvement.

Seriously, the first game had two recolors as playable characters (and let's not forget Mr. Incredible).

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Isaac voice should be strong, like I said, something similar to Lloyd Irving VA would be good.

However, Isaac is the typical silent calm hero, so he might as well as stay quiet, even when attacking, just so show that he can stay cool and collected during a battle.
Would rather have Old Isaac by Cam Clarke. Because Cam Clarke is awesome.

Apollyon

Smash Apprentice
Every time I visit this thread nowadays, I expect talk about Super Street Fighter 2 (ssf2).

Luckily I am always mistaken.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I don't think Isaac should have a British accent, although I'm not sure he should have an american accent either. I can't really see Isaac as American.

Maybe a light Irish accent would be interesting. I feel like he should have an accent from a country that has plenty of countryside and isn't seen as really urban. Considering he lives in a secretive village tucked away out of sight.
If Weyard and Earth are so similar in layout, and if it's to be believed Angara = Europe, Vale probably would be somewhere in Germany. So, English with a German accent maybe? :laugh: Imagine him saying / SHOUTING Ragnarok now with that accent.

Thank me later. :smirk:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Robin is Isaac's Japanese name.
Right. But Robin's Japanese name is Reflet therefore at this time Robin as a character is not in Smash 4. Not even as an Assist Trophy or as a Trophy. Snark Snark

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Let's just make him talk like a pirate. He is the leader of all pirates after all!

I would think that (despite Shulk being there) he would benefit from a medieval-ish British accent considering Vale is somewhere around Europe/absolute left end of Asia (Angara in Weyard). Or some other European accent, take your pick :p

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Let's just make him talk like a pirate. He is the leader of all pirates after all!

I would think that (despite Shulk being there) he would benefit from a medieval-ish British accent considering Vale is somewhere around Europe/absolute left end of Asia (Angara in Weyard). Or some other European accent, take your pick :p
Isaac being a pirate? Wait a sec he's one of the most wanted characters alongside Ridley and K.Rool...MORE PIRATES FOR SMASH!

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290

Briggs as an alt costume.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
I just started watching it, so now I'm waiting for them to show Isaac.

Edit: I really like how Isaac plays and his victory theme is the same as GS and it has Flint spinning around him.

Last edited:

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
His voice actually suits him. Not what I was really expecting but still OK.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Should I harass Sakurai on Twitter with broken Japanese through Google Translate asking why there is Golden Sun music but no Golden Sun trophies? And see if I get a bite?

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Should I harass Sakurai on Twitter with broken Japanese through Google Translate asking why there is Golden Sun music but no Golden Sun trophies? And see if I get a bite?
Totally. And maybe he'll respond in broken indeciferable engrish.

Top Bottom