• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Isaac moves in SSF2!
Isaac shakes it up in Project M!
Isaac rocks in Smash 4!

Yup. Definitely sounds like my thing!

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
Isaac is one of the reason why i hope there's more DLC coming.
As many here probably have mentioned before, his move-set would be so easy to make, and he would definitely add to the already awesome roster.

Felix the Slayer

Ret-2-Go!
3DS FC
3093-7620-3358
Isaac is one of the reason why i hope there's more DLC coming.
As many here probably have mentioned before, his move-set would be so easy to make, and he would definitely add to the already awesome roster.
I don't know about easy, because he has so much varity in his games that it'd be hard to choose his own unique moves, but he would be awesome non the less

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
I'm going to correct you as I'm pretty sure they're showing Pokken on Friday. I do agree with everything you said and I hope it's something totally different.
It's just a time zone thing, here in France we were already thursday. ;)

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
You know, I just thought of something... I think it would be awesome if they announced GS4 at E3, along with Isaac as DLC in Smash, and that people whom buy GS4 and register it with Club Nintendo would get a free download code for Isaac and a free Isaac amiibo that can be used for Smash and GS4. That would be a pretty good business plan, in mine opinion.

Then again, they're shutting down Club Nintendo later this year, aren't they?

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
You know, I just thought of something... I think it would be awesome if they announced GS4 at E3, along with Isaac as DLC in Smash, and that people whom buy GS4 and register it with Club Nintendo would get a free download code for Isaac and a free Isaac amiibo that can be used for Smash and GS4. That would be a pretty good business plan, in mine opinion.

Then again, they're shutting down Club Nintendo later this year, aren't they?
After this reward year is up, yes. (June 30th, I believe)

That is way, way, too good to come true. It's smart, but too good.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don't see Nintendo treating GS4 with any more fanfare than they are Code Name STEAM. Maybe even less.

Apart from the higher chance of getting Smash DLC ofc.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Yea.

Intelligent Systems' games are getting pretty good exposure lately. With 4 FE characters in Smash, a new FE in the works, Project S.T.E.A.M, and the yet to be revealed SMT x FE (which I really really want!), they are on a roll.

Camelot in the other hands released a Mario Golf last year and are currently off the radar for anything. Except that their 20th anniversary (or is it 25th) coming soon.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yea.

Intelligent Systems' games are getting pretty good exposure lately. With 4 FE characters in Smash, a new FE in the works, Project S.T.E.A.M, and the yet to be revealed SMT x FE (which I really really want!), they are on a roll.

Camelot in the other hands released a Mario Golf last year and are currently off the radar for anything. Except that their 20th anniversary (or is it 25th) coming soon.
Actually, I checked out their website. They posted that 20th anniversary thing last year on April 4th, 2014. If that was a recent post, like, towards the end of the year, I could see them saying "yeah, our 20th anniversary is coming up!" That seems more like they were saying "yeah, its our 20th anniversary!" Or "Our 20th anniversary is soon", e.g., in April.

Are we really sure that their anniversary is 2015? Where did that notion come from anyway? Camelot has technically been in existence since 1990.

Well, yeah, I mean, it doesn't make much sense...

"In 1995, Sonic! officially separated from Sega, but agreed to continue developing games for the Shining series and to not release any games for rival systems that would threaten the success of the Shining franchise."

Perhaps the article was just saying "hey, in a year from now its our 20th Anniversary!"

I can't see anything special in 1994, so I guess that has to be it.

I still find it funny how Camelot was originally formed to make RPG's, and nowadays they do more Tennis/Golf than anything else.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yea.

To be fair IS always has multiple games in development and are over triple the size of Camelot...

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
To be fair IS always has multiple games in development and are over triple the size of Camelot...
Yesh, but Camelot is out of the picture altogether so far. Hopefully they will come back this year into the limelight with GS4. Not Mario Golf U or Mario Tennis U. Although they will probably be unable to do the latter by themselves considering their team is pretty small.

IS might get more preference as well since it owned by Nintendo whereas Camelot itself is 2nd party even though GS will be a first party game.

And I wish out all those IS games, that one could have been Advance Wars. We are getting another FE on 3DS, and a turn based tactical shooter type game. Plus SMT x FE is nowhere in sight.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yesh, but Camelot is out of the picture altogether so far. Hopefully they will come back this year into the limelight with GS4. Not Mario Golf U or Mario Tennis U. Although they will probably be unable to do the latter by themselves considering their team is pretty small.

IS might get more preference as well since it owned by Nintendo whereas Camelot itself is 2nd party even though GS will be a first party game.

And I wish out all those IS games, that one could have been Advance Wars. We are getting another FE on 3DS, and a turn based tactical shooter type game. Plus SMT x FE is nowhere in sight.
Camelot isn't second-party, they are third-party. Camelot just has an exclusivity contract with Nintendo that they only publish on Nintendo platforms. Regardless, they are not owned in any way, shape, or form by Nintendo... at least not at this point in time. It wouldn't surprise me if they allow Nintendo to buy them out later.

But yeah, Camelot is completely in the dark right now, and its extremely unlikely they just aren't working on another game. They most likely went onto another project last year and are actively working on it. We just have to hope its Golden Sun.

As for IS, yeah, I really was hoping that they'd do a new Advance Wars game. But the series as a whole hasn't done very well, so I can understand why they're avoiding it. Fire Emblem sells better.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Camelot isn't second-party, they are third-party. Camelot just has an exclusivity contract with Nintendo that they only publish on Nintendo platforms. Regardless, they are not owned in any way, shape, or form by Nintendo... at least not at this point in time. It wouldn't surprise me if they allow Nintendo to buy them out later.
You basically just described 2nd party dude. It's in between 1st and 3rd for the reasons you gave.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Camelot isn't second-party, they are third-party. Camelot just has an exclusivity contract with Nintendo that they only publish on Nintendo platforms.
Um dude, that is 2nd party.

2nd party is a term usually used to refer to the developers who develop games almost exclusively for a company like Nintendo but they are not owned by the latter in any form whatsoever.

But I seriously hope Nintendo buys them. With that, Nintendo will be able to hire/transfer some much needed staff into Camelot and help them make awesome games like they used to. Like Golden Sun and even before it Shining Force. And they could still continue with Mario Tennis/Golf, make 'em as good as the GBA ones.

Plus if Camelot becomes 1st party, Golden Sun would not be shafted anymore. Heck it might even become the next Xenoblade X in terms of exposure and attention Nintendo is giving the RPG game.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
You basically just described 2nd party dude. It's in between 1st and 3rd for the reasons you gave.
Its not a real term, though. There is no actual such thing as "2nd-party," its just a term people use to differentiate between different types of third-parties, but the problem is that it has become so confusing because people don't know what it actually is that its just best not to use the term at all.

Um dude, that is 2nd party.

2nd party is a term usually used to refer to the developers who develop games almost exclusively for a company like Nintendo but they are not owned by the latter in any form whatsoever.

But I seriously hope Nintendo buys them. With that, Nintendo will be able to hire/transfer some much needed staff into Camelot and help them make awesome games like they used to. Like Golden Sun and even before it Shining Force. And they could still continue with Mario Tennis/Golf, make 'em as good as the GBA ones.

Plus if Camelot becomes 1st party, Golden Sun would not be shafted anymore. Heck it might even become the next Xenoblade X in terms of exposure and attention Nintendo is giving the RPG game.
I do wish Nintendo would buy Camelot. And Nintendo could easily do so, however, its probably a situation where Camelot may want to remain independant. They started off as part of SEGA, then became independant. They might just want to stay independant. And Nintendo wouldn't do a hostile takeover like with Microsoft. It would be up to Camelot if they want to become part of Nintendo.

Wait... I'm scared people will pull off a Microsoft Rare thing again...
And Camelot isn't so big that Microsoft would bother buying them out. Rare was massive and made loads of money for Nintendo. Camelot does do a lot of games, but they're not that big overall.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Its not a real term, though. There is no actual such thing as "2nd-party," its just a term people use to differentiate between different types of third-parties, but the problem is that it has become so confusing because people don't know what it actually is that its just best not to use the term at all.
The people that don't know also still think Xenoblade is a 3rd party game.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, Camelot is a second-party company, even though Golden Sun is a first-party title (it's a Nintendo franchise), and this was the case when they did We Love Golf! for Capcom. However, they still have a devotion to Nintendo and have no problems making games for them.

I just wish that a new Golden Sun is part of the project they might be working on. Heck, if Nintendo announces that Camelot will become part of their family, that would be very sweet.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Who is going to want a team that just makes portable tennis and golf games, and so-so, commercially unsuccessful RPGs?
Well, the only commercially unsuccessful RPG they made was Dark Dawn. :p And maybe Shining Force III.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well, the only commercially unsuccessful RPG they made was Dark Dawn. :p And maybe Shining Force III.
Coincidentally that's also the only RPG they made in the last decade.

They aren't going to always retain the same value.

Weren't Dark Dawn sales at the very least decent for a game of it's kind?
It wasn't an absolute bomb like W101 or S&P2, but it didn't do great either. VGChartz apparently puts it at ~750k but I would say it's probably closer to 300k.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Surprising since SF3 was the best one in the series. Now we have the crappy Shining series which is just Waifu SRPG all over the place. One of the recent ones having a female lead named Panis. Yeah real mature. Nothing like the old Shining Force.

--------------------------

Knock off 100k-200k off of VGchartz for accuracy. Doing 400k-500k is still nothing to scoff at for a handheld game.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Correction, there is no such thing as a Second-Party IP there are actual Second-Party Developers. I once took up a whole page in the character discussion thread trying to describe this crap.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Is Golden Sun: The Lost Age still not available in the US?

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Is Golden Sun: The Lost Age still not available in the US?
It would be a pipe dream for Nintendo to announce Golden Sun: The Lost Age Wii U Virtual Console release alongside Isaac as DLC with Mewtwo. It would be a smart business decision.

Top Bottom