• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Deep down in our hearts we still want Viridi to be all excited about what Isaac can do with.. you know, the earth and all that nature-y stuff. As much as I dislike her, she oughta be the perfect Isaac fangirl.
This is quite perfect!

After all, Viridi get blush when they Start talking about Link, AKA Forest Fairy boy. And Isaac can use Earth and Plants Psynergy move, Including is Summoning nature. Viridi gonna talk about PLANTS AND EARTH all day!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Alternatively, Viridi could get angry that another being is freely controlling the earth like that.

Or perhaps mistake him as another god.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Alternatively, Viridi could get angry that another being is freely controlling the earth like that.

Or perhaps mistake him as another god.
I loved the god idea, but that could also leave her angry, since she the Council of Gods could replace her by this new god, since there is no point in having two gods that can do the same thing.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I loved the god idea, but that could also leave her angry, since she the Council of Gods could replace her by this new god, since there is no point in having two gods that can do the same thing.
Tis the point.

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
Or both, at first she's pleased to see someone like her, then she fears for her place.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
It's a kind of trend we try to build, the goal is to promote a 4th Golden Sun game, because the devs stated that the fans must (probably massively) ask them for it if they want it. We want to make a lot of people sign the petition to try to make it happen, and the more we'll be to gather and talk about the games, the better the chances of it happening.

We just try to talk about it on social networks every Sunday, hence the #GoldenSunday. :)

Where can I find this petition?
I'd really like to help move a 4th Golden Sun.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I was just going through the randomized nicknames and noticed "Jenna" was one of them. I know it's an actual name but I wonder, it seems a little like it might be referencing Golden Sun. I know Isaac is one of the names. I wonder if Felix is there too. It should probably be pointed out that most of the nicknames aren't "normal" names. Most of them are either words like "Cool" or "Girly", gibberish or based on a game character.

I noticed a bunch of other names like Fawful, Andy and Sami. Makes me kinda sad they don't have trophies.

Mike is a name too, he's that guy from StarTropics right?

Edit: Err I could have sworn somebody said Isaac and Krool were random nicknames? I've been randomizing for ages and I haven't seen either of them. I must have got Jenna about 5 times now.

Last edited:

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
I was just going through the randomized nicknames and noticed "Jenna" was one of them. I know it's an actual name but I wonder, it seems a little like it might be referencing Golden Sun. I know Isaac is one of the names. I wonder if Felix is there too. It should probably be pointed out that most of the nicknames aren't "normal" names. Most of them are either words like "Cool" or "Girly", gibberish or based on a game character.

I noticed a bunch of other names like Fawful, Andy and Sami. Makes me kinda sad they don't have trophies.

Mike is a name too, he's that guy from StarTropics right?

Edit: Err I could have sworn somebody said Isaac and Krool were random nicknames? I've been randomizing for ages and I haven't seen either of them. I must have got Jenna about 5 times now.
K.ROOL IS A REAL NICKNAME when you put it, it spell K.Rool exactly.
The tease is real. Yes, Isaac is a Random nickname...

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
K.ROOL IS A REAL NICKNAME when you put it, it spell K.Rool exactly.
The tease is real. Yes, Isaac is a Random nickname...
Are you absolutely certain? I spent a good 10 minutes pushing that random button and neither K.Rool or Isaac showed up. I started seeing repeats after a while.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Looks like Viridi may have found a boyfriend...
Uh-oh. Looks like another shipping might form :facepalm:

But it is great that they have a general Palutena's guidance conversation for DLC rather than a Mewtwo specific one. It definitely good for our cause.

Plus I loved all those soundtracks on the previous page! We can never have too many GS remixes!

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
If you ask me, honestly, I think petitioning for a 4th GS game won't be that impactful. If anything, I feel campaigning to spread awareness and build up the fanbase significantly by promoting the franchise via the VC re-releases of the first two GS games would yield better results. Besides, I feel the fact that the first GS game was one of the highest-selling VC GBA games in the first few weeks over in Japan would have better demonstrated that, despite the series being past it's "glory days" the first two games are still fondly remembered by people to the point the series still has enough potential to have a successful 4th game. In other word, considering Camelot was willing to work on a sequel if there was enough fan interest, the VC sales shows fan interest better via money than any petition for a 4th GS game could - a case of actions speaking louder than words.

I think the aim of Operation Golden Sunday should be changed from petitioning for a 4th GS game to spreading awareness of the franchise by promoting and recommending the first two games for people. Because frankly, at this point, if the VC sales doesn't convince Camelot, I don't think anything else will.

As the original GS game was one of the first games showcased and promoted for the VC, I suspect Camelot was using the sales of the game to gauge whether there was enough popularity of the franchise to justify a sequel. Combine with the reason that they have nothing left to do after already making a Mario Tennis and Mario Golf game for the 3DS that they are good at and I suspect it isn't merely a matter of if we'll see a new game, but rather when.

So yeah, Golden Sun does indeed have a future.

D

Deleted member

If you ask me, honestly, I think petitioning for a 4th GS game won't be that impactful. If anything, I feel campaigning to spread awareness and build up the fanbase significantly by promoting the franchise via the VC re-releases of the first two GS games would yield better results. Besides, I feel the fact that the first GS game was one of the highest-selling VC GBA games in the first few weeks over in Japan would have better demonstrated that, despite the series being past it's "glory days" the first two games are still fondly remembered by people to the point the series still has enough potential to have a successful 4th game. In other word, considering Camelot was willing to work on a sequel if there was enough fan interest, the VC sales shows fan interest better via money than any petition for a 4th GS game could - a case of actions speaking louder than words.

I think the aim of Operation Golden Sunday should be changed from petitioning for a 4th GS game to spreading awareness of the franchise by promoting and recommending the first two games for people. Because frankly, at this point, if the VC sales doesn't convince Camelot, I don't think anything else will.

As the original GS game was one of the first games showcased and promoted for the VC, I suspect Camelot was using the sales of the game to gauge whether there was enough popularity of the franchise to justify a sequel. Combine with the reason that they have nothing left to do after already making a Mario Tennis and Mario Golf game for the 3DS that they are good at and I suspect it isn't merely a matter of if we'll see a new game, but rather when.

So yeah, Golden Sun does indeed have a future.
People make peitions for anything, regardless. Want a game that'll never be imported (unless it's for a Nintendo console, at which point you are screwed)? Make a petition and get about 300 people to sign it. That'll make a difference.

Sorry if that comes off as snide, but what would make a difference is sales. Virtual Console releases can dictate the popularity of a franchise and if there is still a market value for them if they haven't formally concluded or if the director has made it clear that they are done with the franchise.

I know Golden Sun has a future, but right now in this forum, I'm also curious as to what future it has with Super Smash Bros..

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Petitions really don't do crap. The thought behind it is nice but in the end "Money Talks". I have hope for the Ridley Revolution and it makes a solid argument but the person reading it can easily fart on it and throw it in the incinerator without even looking at it.

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
Petitions really don't do crap. The thought behind it is nice but in the end "Money Talks". I have hope for the Ridley Revolution and it makes a solid argument but the person reading it can easily fart on it and throw it in the incinerator without even looking at it.
Petitions matter, but only if they're successful. There's more than one goal for #GoldenSunday, but since the petition already have almost 7000 signatures, I feel like it's the best start we could have. There's no point in beginning from scratch. And Camelot themselves told us to ask for Golden Sun 4. Well, I don't know a billion methods of asking for something, and petition is one of the few that I know. Other than that, there's always regular mails, but it's clearly not as impressive as a big number of people given in one go.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Petitions matter, but only if they're successful. There's more than one goal for #GoldenSunday, but since the petition already have almost 7000 signatures, I feel like it's the best start we could have. There's no point in beginning from scratch. And Camelot themselves told us to ask for Golden Sun 4. Well, I don't know a billion methods of asking for something, and petition is one of the few that I know. Other than that, there's always regular mails, but it's clearly not as impressive as a big number of people given in one go.
Well after 100k strong for MML3 I have my reservations on petitions.

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
Well, managed to make some sort of Golden Sun related stage. Mars Lighthouse, complete with the Mars Beacon as well.
IMG_5966[1].JPG

IMG_5965[1].JPG

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Cool.

I found this Venus Lighthouse stage on Miivese via Fanpic of the day at smashbros-miiverse.com

Last edited:

XxLTxX

Smash Rookie
These Golden Sun custom stages are making me want Golden Sun stages and Isaac in Smash more.... and possibly remixes of some awesome Golden Sun battle themes!

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Well after 100k strong for MML3 I have my reservations on petitions.
It can't hurt.

I think that the best campaign involves looking to the past and the future. If we show people what Golden Sun has already delivered, that will naturally result in better prospects for it's future.

D

Deleted member

It can't hurt.

I think that the best campaign involves looking to the past and the future. If we show people what Golden Sun has already delivered, that will naturally result in better prospects for it's future.
I'd personally like to see the petition, at the very least, be done to raise awareness of Nintendo's forgotten classic-themed RPG. That's how I'd like to see it done.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I'd personally like to see the petition, at the very least, be done to raise awareness of Nintendo's forgotten classic-themed RPG. That's how I'd like to see it done.
Hmm. I wonder if we could get GameXplain or some other larger-scale Nintendo fan community figures to do a special or two on Golden Sun.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Yea. Heck not many people even know such a petition exists.

Plus Golden Sun could always get more coverage. Now to just get TLA on the NA eShop.

D

Deleted member

Hmm. I wonder if we could get GameXplain or some other larger-scale Nintendo fan community figures to do a special or two on Golden Sun.
I'd like for GameXplain to do a "hypothetical Nintendo DLC" piece and point out decent contenders from unlikely sources, and I'm more than certain Golden Sun would be a top suggestion for that piece.

All I want from that franchise in Super Smash Bros. is Isaac just to become playable. Everything else is gravy.

Top Bottom