• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Do you guys think Sakurai is a fan of the Golden Sun series?
Not as much as he could have been, if he is a fan at all.

If he was a fan of Golden Sun, we would have Isaac as the face of the series. Felix as the harder hitting slightly different clone. And another character with an entirely different moveset.

Plus we would have had Djinn as items, some of the swords as weapons or summons, and 2 Golden Sun stages and atleast 5 soundtracks.

D

Deleted member

Not as much as he could have been, if he is a fan at all.

If he was a fan of Golden Sun, we would have Isaac as the face of the series. Felix as the harder hitting slightly different clone. And another character with an entirely different moveset.

Plus we would have had Djinn as items, some of the swords as weapons or summons, and 2 Golden Sun stages and atleast 5 soundtracks.
One thing is Sakurai beign a Golden Sun fan and there is the Golden Sun series having the Kid Icarus Syndrome.

ferioku

Smash Ace
I'm just worried about the Japanese fanbase. Sure our fanbase is decent at best but the Japanese fanbase seem to be more interested in characters such as Dixie and Bandana Dee T_T... We have less than a month to vote. Sigh...

ThunderOverload

Smash Cadet
I'm just worried about the Japanese fanbase. Sure our fanbase is decent at best but the Japanese fanbase seem to be more interested in characters such as Dixie and Bandana Dee T_T... We have less than a month to vote. Sigh...
I'm worried too. :(

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
One thing is Sakurai beign a Golden Sun fan and there is the Golden Sun series having the Kid Icarus Syndrome.
If he was a fan Golden Sun would definitely have had Isaac as a representative in Smash.

He is a fan of FE. He is probably not a fan of GS but he knows about it.

TallT

Smash Apprentice
I'm worried too. :(
Hey I'm not really a Golden Sun fan, but I was looking into the thread and saw that the both of you are worried. There is no real reason to worry about Bandana Dee. He is the second most wanted newcomer in Japan, but isn't as popular in the west and is in a similar situation as Isaac is. Both Isaac and Bandana Dee are popular in one region and top 10 material in the other. If anything this puts the two of them close to the same level. Also, as for Dixie Kong; she still has K. Rool to compete with who is more popular in the east and west, and I doubt Sakurai will give us two newcomers from the same series. I hope this helps lift your spirits.:)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Im not even bothering to argue about this. My duty is to post comics:

How Kraden caused a Game Over.

smashtriforce77

Smash Cadet
Golden sun deserves 4 characters in Smash bros according to me :
1. Isaac, mystic of the Earth and users of swords, he is the main protagonist of Golden Sun.
2. Jenna, mystic of Fire and childhood friend of Isaac, she uses a wand the most of the time.
3. Sveta, mystic of the air and fights with his hands, she can himself turn into a wild beast.
4. Alex, mystic of water and unarmed combat, he is the principal antagonist of the series.
And his 4 characters represent the 4 elements who are important in Golden Sun.
So, what do you think the guys ? :)

D

Deleted member

The bottom left panel will be my reaction to Isaac's confirmation (i would cry tears of joy).

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
1. Isaac, mystic of the Earth and users of swords, he is the main protagonist of Golden Sun.
2. Jenna, mystic of Fire and childhood friend of Isaac, she uses a wand the most of the time.
3. Sveta, mystic of the air and fights with his hands, she can himself turn into a wild beast.
4. Alex, mystic of water and unarmed combat, he is the principal antagonist of the series.
Extremely unlikely to happen any time soon. Alex could reasonably be added after GS4, but until GS gets a new game (granted, if Isaac gets into Smash I'm sure it will), we'd probably just get Felix as a clone instead.

smashtriforce77

Smash Cadet
For Felix, I intended to put it on my list alt Isaac as it is the same element as him (and it would be the case also of others) but it's true that I think, unfortunately, that we will have the same fate as Mother if Isaac were to be playable and that would be Matthew or Felix into semi-clone. :(

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
That's a lot of Golden Sun reps. This isn't happening any time soon. The most I see is Isaac and possibly Alex in Smash 5.
This isn't the place to whine about Fire Emblem
YOU JUST GOT TOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I think Golden Sun should have two - Isaac, who uses (mostly) Venus and (some) Mars psynergy, and someone who represents Jupiter and Mercury psynergy.

As much as I'd love to have four characters from Golden Sun, it is overkill.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I think Golden Sun should have two - Isaac, who uses (mostly) Venus and (some) Mars psynergy, and someone who represents Jupiter and Mercury psynergy.

As much as I'd love to have four characters from Golden Sun, it is overkill.
Yeah, Sveta is a Dark Dawn character.

I could see something like that, @FalKoopa. If in GS4 we finally get Alex as the main antagonist he could fill the opposing role to Isaac.

D

Deleted member

Sunday is just so booring.....

Luckily i have the GS comics to keep you busy:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Hey guys; It appears that the Smashified team fixed Issac's eyes, did some refining to his nose, and gave his hair a more "Golden Sun" like color. Have a look:

Looks much better, if you ask me. :3 (Also, hi, I'm Yellowlord. Since this is my first time posting here on the Issac support thread, I'll say this; Issac is one of my top 5 contenders, with him currently as my Number 4 pick. I do imagine he will get in, so I do hope that is the case for you guys).

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Sunday is just so booring.....

Luckily i have the GS comics to keep you busy:
He's really good at making any crying appear manly. :laugh:
I could see something like that, @FalKoopa. If in GS4 we finally get Alex as the main antagonist he could fill the opposing role to Isaac.
Makes sense

The 'p' in my name is a 'rho'. I'll change it back in a couple of days.

Spootondorf

Smash Apprentice
Did they alter the texture on the blue parts of Isaac's outfit? Maybe I just never saw a large enough picture, but I could have sworn it was completely flat before.

In either case, this version is superior. I approve!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Hey guys; It appears that the Smashified team fixed Issac's eyes, did some refining to his nose, and gave his hair a more "Golden Sun" like color. Have a look:

Looks much better, if you ask me. :3 (Also, hi, I'm Yellowlord. Since this is my first time posting here on the Issac support thread, I'll say this; Issac is one of my top 5 contenders, with him currently as my Number 4 pick. I do imagine he will get in, so I do hope that is the case for you guys).
Nice. That's pretty cool. I like that they took some of the complaints to heart and touched it up a bit.

I think I get why they did it now, though. Isaac's face looks so young even though he's supposed to be 17. But the GS characters always looked a lot younger than they were supposed to be. Adult Isaac from Dark Dawn in theory should look barely any older (and at 17 he should've still been able to grow a beard).

Maybe that's why he grew the beard in the first place lol; without it he looks too young.

Did Ivan just stare at Isaac's crotch?
Yeah that was a bit creepy...

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
WUT?

Also, while I do agree with you, we shouldn't get greedy. Let's get Isaac in and then work from there.

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
Man, I hate to be a negative nancy, but that updated face... still looks really weird, to me :/ He doesn't look asian anymore, but now his eyes feel way more dead, imo, and the lips are... strange. It's like they just went deeper into the uncanny valley. Maybe it's the total lack of emotion, I dunno. I think I'll go back to messing with my edit, and see if I can strike some balance between the two, or something. But his face is just really dead, there, I kind of liked it better before.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Much better! :)

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Man, I hate to be a negative nancy, but that updated face... still looks really weird, to me :/ He doesn't look asian anymore, but now his eyes feel way more dead, imo, and the lips are... strange. It's like they just went deeper into the uncanny valley. Maybe it's the total lack of emotion, I dunno. I think I'll go back to messing with my edit, and see if I can strike some balance between the two, or something. But his face is just really dead, there, I kind of liked it better before.
Isaac isn't Asian...

Isaac's European if anything since I'm pretty sure Angara is based off Europe but I might be mistaken.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Isaac isn't Asian...

Isaac's European if anything since I'm pretty sure Angara is based off Europe but I might be mistaken.
That's his point. He's saying "yeah, its good he doesn't look Asian anymore, but Isaac still has these problems--"

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
Isaac isn't Asian...

You're misunderstanding me. I'm saying it's a good thing he doesn't look Asian anymore. That's the one improvement, but everything else still looks off. It looks like he has a doll's face, or something.

Edit: :4greninja:'d

Edit #2: so I'm playing around with this new version and comparing it to the old one... it's strange, because parts of his scarf/shirt near his head were also very slightly moved, just enough to put it out of line with the original and make it look awkward. And they really upped the saturation on his hair and face(too much, imo), while also upping it on his scarf(which I was considering doing, so I agree with that change). Makes it more annoying to merge the two pics, which I'd like to do to take advantage of the perfect transparency of the new image, haha. Going to have to do some careful cutting and color matching. Which shouldn't be too difficult, it's just weird because there's a perfect 90 degree angle where the changes start.

Also, it looks like he has a double-ear, and there's some weird transparency with the hair. Makes me wonder if this was a paint-over.

Last edited:
Top Bottom