• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Obviously by "Sold Snake" they meant "Konami have Sold Snake and Metal Gear to Namco"

Last edited:

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
My thought's about the Smashified Isaac render...

1. Like everyone said. It's mostly the eyes being too big.
2. Why didn't they use the Sol Blade design instead of a generic sword?

Calane

Smash Ace
Fine, my bad, I incorrectly said it. Either way, Agent 3/7, whatever, they'd still most likely go for just calling them Inklings.

The problem is that both Inklings and Dixie are in here. With K. Rool as a costume, ok, maybe they could pick Dixie instead from the ballot. That logic just doesn't sit well regarding Inklings, though. Inklings and Agent 3 are the exact same thing, there's no difference, and no point in calling them that. You don't even see a Mii costume's name anyway, so the name means JACK when it comes to costumes, its all about the appearance.

So in regards to Dixie, could they pick her over K. Rool? Sure. That said I think its just as likely they'll give Dixie a costume as well. The problem is that it makes zero sense if they're just going to use Inklings anyway, so if they're just going to use Inklings even though they have a Mii costume, why would they overlook K. Rool, who is FAR more popular than Dixie? And since they also went with Isaac as well, who is from a "dead franchise," but K. Rool is likely to come back in future DKC as is, so the logic for skipping him is ludicrous.

Its everything combined that questions this whole thing's believability.
I believe the leak is fake, but I just want to say this anyway. You're saying it's unfair that the Inklings/Agent 3 would get in despite being a costume, while K. Rool gets left out in favor of Dixie. I see what you're saying, but the "leak" says that the Inklings were originally NOT going to be in the game, but because of how massively popular Splatoon got, they changed their minds. K. Rool hasn't really been in a game in a while, especially one as popular as Splatoon is right now, so I don't think the two are really in the same situation. Dixie is also easier to make, I believe, so it makes sense when you think about it.

In any case, I'll just be happy with Isaac if this "leak" is somehow true (which I highly doubt).

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
It'll always make me laugh to see how some just seem to dislike Isaac so much, on 4ch. I was curious so I went there to read what people had to say about the leak (In fact it's bigger in terms of informations and, of course, other things seem really strange).

Here are the quotes (there were others just saying the characters are globally unlikely):

>all of this sh*t that could potentially be true but is actually horse sh*t
>goes and throws all credibility out the window by saying Isaac's getting a spot in Smash

There's no way Snake is coming back
Also there are far more popular caharcters in the ballot than Isaac

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
It'll always make me laugh to see how some just seem to dislike Isaac so much, on 4ch. I was curious so I went there to read what people had to say about the leak (In fact it's bigger in terms of informations and, of course, other things seem really strange).

Here are the quotes (there were others just saying the characters are globally unlikely):

>all of this sh*t that could potentially be true but is actually horse sh*t
>goes and throws all credibility out the window by saying Isaac's getting a spot in Smash

There's no way Snake is coming back
Also there are far more popular caharcters in the ballot than Isaac
Wonder what the last guy thought who the more popular caharcters in the ballot were. There's literally Wolf, King K. Rool, and Snake. Maybe Ice Climbers.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Wonder what the last guy thought who the more popular caharcters in the ballot were. There's literally Wolf, King K. Rool, and Snake. Maybe Ice Climbers.
Banjo & Kazooie, Shovel Knight, Shantae. Because their devs support them.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Does Wolf really have as much popularity as K. Rool and Isaac do?

Don't get me wrong, I know he has popularity, but is it as much as K. Rool, Isaac and Inkling, who (I think) are pretty much the top 3? More or less?

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Don't get me wrong, I know he has popularity, but is it as much as K. Rool, Isaac and Inkling, who (I think) are pretty much the top 3? More or less?
Wolf isn't as highly voted because most have always thought he was a shoe-in.

I believe the leak is fake, but I just want to say this anyway. You're saying it's unfair that the Inklings/Agent 3 would get in despite being a costume, while K. Rool gets left out in favor of Dixie. I see what you're saying, but the "leak" says that the Inklings were originally NOT going to be in the game, but because of how massively popular Splatoon got, they changed their minds. K. Rool hasn't really been in a game in a while, especially one as popular as Splatoon is right now, so I don't think the two are really in the same situation. Dixie is also easier to make, I believe, so it makes sense when you think about it.

In any case, I'll just be happy with Isaac if this "leak" is somehow true (which I highly doubt).
The argument still doesn't hold up because if Splatoon was so overly popular and they decided to add Inklings, why was K. Rool overlooked in favor of Dixie, even though he's far more popular as a Smash request than Dixie? The logic goes both ways.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

The way I've always understood is that K. Rool is first, Wolf second, Snake third, and finally Isaac 4th. These are just results from poll though and they're usually interchangeable depending on the poll (mostly Wolf and K. Rool). I do however believe that those ARE the definitive top four.

Calane

Smash Ace
The argument still doesn't hold up because if Splatoon was so overly popular and they decided to add Inklings, why was K. Rool overlooked in favor of Dixie, even though he's far more popular as a Smash request than Dixie? The logic goes both ways.
I'd say it'd be because Dixie is the easier and faster character to create. I'm pretty sure it's fake anyway, but I'm not going to say that something like this couldn't happen.

smashtriforce77

Smash Cadet
Dixie was in a recent game also.
Otherwise if the leak is true, I will be the happiest man of all. (the 5 characters that I wanted the most):love:

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I don't put any faith into text leaks. I don't remember a single text leak ever holding up.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I don't really see any reason to believe this leak. It sure is nice to see Isaac included in a "leak" though.

I feel kind of sad if it is true though, I had grown attached to the idea of Isaac and King K Rool making it in together. Beating up Dixie with Isaac wouldn't be the same.

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
I don't put any faith into text leaks. I don't remember a single text leak ever holding up.
The one that leaked Dark Pit, Junior, Dr, Mario, Duck Hunt, etc. Not the ESRB one, but the Ninka/Vaanrose one.

That seems to be the exception though, other than Gematsu. Those two are the only ones to be accurate. Even then, Gematsu had some issues.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The one that leaked Dark Pit, Junior, Dr, Mario, Duck Hunt, etc. Not the ESRB one, but the Ninka/Vaanrose one.

That seems to be the exception though, other than Gematsu. Those two are the only ones to be accurate. Even then, Gematsu had some issues.
It did get videos and photos backing it soon after. I seriously doubt this one will get anything similar.

D

Deleted member

The ChaosZero leak from Brawl was text based and it was 100% real (but nobody believed it).

There was also a leak from NyaseNya which was on THIS WEBSITE, went as far as saying Sonic's excact reveal date, but people didn't believe him and Gimpyfish edited the OP to claim that Nyase was a liar.

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
I'm planning on making a Custom Stage on the Great Gabomba Statue and I'm thinking of the format. Would it be better if I make it completely solid or semi solid (Luigi's Mansion, Tomodachi Life, etc)?

D

Deleted member

And now we go to the wierdest artist out of the bunch: TAIGA ICHIGO.

The artsyle seems familiar to me for some reason.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Not too bad for Isaac I guess.

Aside from Wolf and Snake it probably isn't likely that veteran support will hold up as well in the west.
Then you have to consider what's going on with Konami right now. (although that may not mean anything)
Then there's the technical issues with the Ice Climbers and Sakurai may not been keen on splitting them up.
Then for both Dixie and Krystal they're in the dubious situation of having another character from the same franchise in a better position than them.
As the article said Fire Emblem and Pokemon votes are probably suffering a lot from being split.
Banjo Kazooie and Geno are the only two of the four 3rd parties that are likely to have strong western support, particularly Banjo Kazooie. Not to mention I can't see Geno's support going anywhere.

This is all assuming western opinions are being considered as equal (or at least close to equal) to that of Japanese opinions. Although I can't imagine someone like Arle Nadja getting in regardless of how much support Japan is giving her.

All in all I'd say Isaac is doing quite well for himself. As long as his support holds up in the west he should be able to work with a "sorta good" reputation in Japan.

lightdasher

Smash Lord
To me it sounds like a HUGE waste to give the ballot winner to a veteran when they should've been in the game already, so I doubt Snake and Wolf would get in, at least through the ballot

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
To me it sounds like a HUGE waste to give the ballot winner to a veteran when they should've been in the game already, so I doubt Snake and Wolf would get in, at least through the ballot
It's not a waste when they're so popular. What it does is reduce the number of characters we get through voting, but in any case I wouldn't call Wolf or Snake a waste.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
It's not a waste when they're so popular. What it does is reduce the number of characters we get through voting, but in any case I wouldn't call Wolf or Snake a waste.
It's a waste of the ballot, not of the characters themselves. It is also going to call in the legitimacy and honesty of the ballot. "So you've given us half of the veterans already, and then you orchestrated this grand, six-month ballot just to tell us that the rest are coming?" It would be a horrendous move on Nintendo's part to do this. People would believe the ballot was ignored and a waste of time and public interest.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
And so we, the Isaac Supporters, bide our time and wait to see the results of the ballot, not to mention Nintendo's choice on the matter. Of course, we will spread the word of our favorite Venus Adept and will continue to march forward.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Yea and hopefully we got a boost of votes due to this Smashified :D

And so we, the Isaac Supporters, bide our time and wait to see the results of the ballot, not to mention Nintendo's choice on the matter. Of course, we will spread the word of our favorite Venus Adept and will continue to march forward.
Walking Forward with Determination.... again xD

Found a better version.

Last edited:
Top Bottom