• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
I wonder what the like to dislike ratio is going to be on that video if it is Kumatora...
Eh, that depends. The only people that would be disappointed would need to have all these traits simultaneously: 1) Those who follow the Smashified social media updates; and at the same time 2) Those who are deeply invested in Golden Sun; while also 3) Have a disinterest or moderate distaste of the Mother series.

Sure, I would rather have Issac most certainly. However, Kumatora is cool and I would be fairly pleased if she were Smashified.

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Kumatora's actually a fanfavourite character
And so is Isaac, a character they've been hinting it is for like 3 characters now...

while also 3) Have a disinterest or moderate distaste of the Mother series.
Disagree. Not getting what you expected is an issue even if you like something you are given. Playing a game of hinting Isaac repeatedly is going to backfire if you don't give people Isaac, no matter if those people like Kumatora. Moreover the social media thing kinda passes as they've had 2 characters since, both of whom where in the midst of their hinting, and those hints would have been divulge in the comments on youtube or the website someone found the renders. You don't have to follow their twitter to know about it, just follow their content.

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Detractors of Ridley would bring it up as Ridley wasn't in the game. That, or they aren't most people
They normally bring it up saying that [insert hunter] (normally Sylux) would be a better character for Smash than Ridley though. That presumes they remember that game, at least somewhat fondly...

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
They normally bring it up saying that [insert hunter] (normally Sylux) would be a better character for Smash than Ridley though. That presumes they remember that game, at least somewhat fondly...
Sylux? Sylux is pretty popular as of late due to Tanbe mentioning him in an interview, Sylux was also in Prime 3's ending and Tanabe wants to do more with him

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Sylux? Sylux is pretty popular as of late due to Tanbe mentioning him in an interview, Sylux was also in Prime 3's ending and Tanabe wants to do more with him
So he's popular right now but people like to forget his game... right...

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
The guy who made the Prime games said he wants to put Sylux in a possible Metroid Prime 4 and then people bandwagoned, how difficult is this to understand?
Seemingly as difficult for you to understand that dangling the Isaac carrot in front of the fan base repeatedly to snatch it away is going to piss people off.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Seemingly as difficult for you to understand that dangling the Isaac carrot in front of the fan base repeatedly to snatch it away is going to piss people off.
That's not what I implied. If you tease a popular character and ultimatetly show a another popular character who isn't as popular as the one you teased, then there won't be people screaming bloody murder. Your situation is like if he decided to make a Weedle instead of Isaac

candyissweet

Smash Apprentice
Umm...

If you've read my previous posts on Smashified, I'm totally fine with this. XD

Not saying I hate Isaac, he's my most wanted character for DLC but I don't really care for him being Smashified.

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
I'm going to wait before making conclusions. But if they screw us again, this time they can just get lost, for me.

Edit: Though i'm still convinced it's yet another troll, and it's Isaac. They just modified the hair color, it's not that complicated.

Last edited:

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
Well I guess pink is the final color? Based off of how this is worded.....
smas2.PNG

So uh...to lighten the mood, how about a comic my friend showed me today?

CLfiUNGUcAEjTti.jpg
Soon we'll be able to do this in actual Smash :p

Capita

Smash Apprentice
NNID
n1ntendogamer
This feels like the whole Mii costume situation.
There is some solid (maybe not definitive) evidence going against a character, but people still seem to be excessively optimistic.

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
First time on the Isaac boards. I'd like to join. Just recently bought Golden Sun and I am loving it so far. I'd really like to have Isaac as a playable character. I'm not even pass Sol Sanctum, but I love the character and game already.

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
Well I guess pink is the final color? Based off of how this is worded.....View attachment 65800

View attachment 65802 Soon we'll be able to do this in actual Smash :p

Notice how they didn't answer the question: "Will the hair be pink?" -> "We've worked a lot on the hair, yes" instead of just "Yes, the hair will be pink". Maybe it's just me, but since nothing makes sense, I'm still believing it's a joke.

Also, the comic comes from Brawl in the Family. ;)
http://brawlinthefamily.keenspot.com/2008/08/08/63-isaac/

D

Deleted member

I miss Brawl in the Family.........and Waluigi Time.........
TOO BAD, GOLDEN SUN COMIC TIME:

I don't get it either.......

Also Artsy is losing my respect. I HATE people that toy with others hopes and dreams.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I've never liked Smashified that much. I mean sure I check out what they do because it IS impressive. However, there are PLENTY of other people that have the abilities to do what they and yet they are discouraged because of the monster that is Smashified. All because one douche created a fake leak.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So, 90% of the evidence overwhelmingly supports Isaac, everything up to this point except for one small tease has hinted at Isaac, especially the updated Smashified logo, and they tease a character with pink hair? (It is notable that Kumatora does play the role of both a silent protagonist and not being a silent protagonist as well due to how Mother 3 works.)

I think its an obvious troll move, especially since Kumatora's hair does not resemble Goku at all, and at least Isaac's hair somewhat can be argued that way (its a bit pointy and its actually blonde).

They're obviously trolling to try and get people legitimately surprised.

Notice how they didn't answer the question: "Will the hair be pink?" -> "We've worked a lot on the hair, yes" instead of just "Yes, the hair will be pink". Maybe it's just me, but since nothing makes sense, I'm still believing it's a joke.

Also, the comic comes from Brawl in the Family. ;)
http://brawlinthefamily.keenspot.com/2008/08/08/63-isaac/
He said "the hair has been done for a while."

They specifically stated that they're try and avoid doing multiple characters from the same franchise, so I don't know why they'd suddenly do Kumatora now. Barring the fact that technically Travis isn't an official character, but he's still technically Mother related.

This is really just pissing me off more than anything.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother_3

The Smashified logo they teased looks jack S*** like the Mother 3 logo as well.

EDIT:

Well I guess pink is the final color? Based off of how this is worded.....View attachment 65800

View attachment 65802 Soon we'll be able to do this in actual Smash :p
Reviewing that, I'm positive it is actually Kumatora, they didn't just give a GS character pink hair.

Damnit, I don't know why I'm bothered with this so much. They're just playing a stupidly annoying mind game and its really getting on my nerves.

EDIT 2:
Ok, this time they say "talkative protagonist". Does Isaac talk a lot in GS2? (I'm sure he does in Dark Dawn, but only during the brief time he's available since he'd be telling a lot about the story at the start.) I'm sure that does apply to Kumatora, but she doesn't wear gloves or have a sort of dynamic fabric, both of which do fit Isaac, and every other tease to date fits Isaac as well.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Things that will happen BEFORE Artsy smashifies Isaac:

-Wolf, K.Rool, and ISAAC are confirmed.
-The Lost Age is released on the VC on USA.
-King K. Rool returns to DKC.
-The Nintendo NX is released.
-Chronobound finishes his post-mortem on Roy's confirmation.
-Capcom makes another Mega Man game.
-The Incredibles 2 is released.
-Diamond Is Unbreakable gets it's Animated adaptation.
-Pokemon Adventures gets it's Animated adaptation as well.
-Caddicarus makes a retrospective about Spyro.
-Half Life 3 is confimed.
-Shiek gets nerfed.
-FNAF 5,6 and 7 are released.
-Customs will be legal.
-Pokemon Gen 4 remakes are confirmed.
-Splatoon gets Squidward DLC.
-Pokken Tournament gets a home console port.
-I will have a Girlfriend.

Last edited by a moderator:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Things that will happen BEFORE Artsy smashifies Isaac:

-Wolf, K.Rool, and ISAAC are confirmed.
-The Lost Age is released on the VC on USA.
-King K. Rool returns to DKC.
-The Nintendo NX is released.
-Chronobound finishes his post-mortem on Roy's confirmation.
-Capcom makes another Mega Man game.
-The Incredibles 2 is released.
-Diamond Is Unbreakable gets it's Animated adaptation.
-Pokemon Adventures gets it's Animated adaptation as well.
-Caddicarus makes a retrospective about Spyro.
-Half Life 3 is confimed.
-Shiek gets nerfed.
-FNAF 5,6 and 7 are released.
-Customs will be legal.
-Pokemon Gen 4 remakes are confirmed.
-Splatoon gets Squidward DLC.
-I will have a Girlfriend.
To be fair, I could see TLA being released... well, at any time, really. Maybe even this week.

D

Deleted member

Has anyone noticed that Artsy didn't mentioned if the smashified character used a sword?

I don't think Kumutora uses a Sword as far as im concerned.

Last edited by a moderator:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Has anyone noticed that Artsy didn't mentioned if the smashified character used a sword?

I don't think Kumutora uses a Sword as far as im concerned.
All things considered, with the amount of abilities he has Isaac probably wouldn't use a sword that much either. Plus, he doesn't have to use a sword (its just the weapon he starts with, and the one he's generally seen equipped with).

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Since you're all upset about Smashified screwing us out of Isaac again, allow me to offer you some funny stuff:
Splatoon with Gary's Mod, ladies and gentlemen:

Rolling is my Specialty!

Last edited:

Starless

Smash Cadet
I miss Brawl in the Family.........and Waluigi Time.........
TOO BAD, GOLDEN SUN COMIC TIME:

I don't get it either.......

Also Artsy is losing my respect. I HATE people that toy with others hopes and dreams.
It looks like Mia and Alex swapped personalities somewhat, she's so full of herself here.

Top Bottom