• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
It'll be interesting to see what happens to Golden Sun content in the Wii U version next month.

It may be easier to explain away no Golden Sun trophy or assist trophy.....but if the brawl song isn't there I think it will be the strangest thing yet. Think about it, there's no good reason to remove a perfectly functioning piece of music. Especially when it's just a straight port.

I really expect every brawl song to return at this point, even if the stages can't.

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
Oh, so it was Norfair where the GS song played in Brawl? I think I never encountered it, funny. Anyway, I guess we'll see if the stage still has the song once the Wii U version comes out. If it doesn't, then I'm totally concerned about the lack of GS content (but also somewhat excited because I can only believe the lack of GS content will lead up to something good).

D

Deleted member

To be fair, an actual GS icon would likely be VERY similar to the one on the first post. It is just based on the sun in the title from Dark Dawn.
Only less detailed, TBH.

pkmnpkmn, StevenDrkPrince, burgandburb, UberPyro64, Gandolftheman, LittleMac222, aaaannnd SlaveBlade.
There's more, but these are the ones that stand out the most to me. (Yes, I used to be a GameFag)
It's also worth noting that most, if not all of these are Shulk supporters, further proving my point from much earlier in this thread.
Holy macaroni, you actually made a list of them. Wow, I'm awful impressed that you helped in my argument. But, I do find it annoying that these guys dissed Isaac supporters while being Shulk supporters. I remembered congratulating the Shulk supporters on his thread when the ESRB Leak was revealed. But, you know, GameFAQs users tend to be on a different level, and if I sound like I'm bitter or something, it's mostly because it's hard to have serious conversations with them. And, it also brought out the worst in me, so I finally closed my message board rights today just to ensure I have no reason to make comments or go back there again.

Oh, really? I always thought it played on the Castle Siege stage.
No, it's Norfair... a rather strange choice, though the "Final Boss" part of the track was played against a dragon that was two-parts Fire Adept.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Hopefully all this anticipation will lead to something exciting.

After all, in our case, no news is good news. I look forward to Isaac being presented as a DLC character now that the gates have been opened by Mewtwo. After all, psychics have got to stick together :)

Still good to see that now DLC is confirmed, more people are agreeing with the inclusion of Isaac. There will always be naysayers/trolls/just plain annoying people so can't do anything about that.

Isaac for SSB4 DLC!

And I want to hear Venus Lighthouse music at Venus Lighthouse so I don't really care about Norfair at the moment :p

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Personally, I'm not getting my hopes up too high for character DLC beyond Mewtwo. What I'm seeing on this forum (not particularly this topic) right now with "Mewtwo confirms further DLC" is very similar to what I saw with "There must be more characters in the final game, because of the lock symbol on the All Star Mode". I see a lot of people getting way too far ahead of themselves.

Nothing is confirmed except for Mewtwo. The way Mewtwo was presented didn't really give me any confidence. He was represented less as a DLC character, and more as a benefit of buying both games. Him being available as paid DLC beyond owners of both games is pure speculation.

I just have this sinking feeling that's all it is... That Mewtwo is a special case.

Of course, I could be wrong... But I just hate to see so many jump on this bandwagon of things being confirmed that simply are not. I repeat absolutely nothing is confirmed except for Mewtwo.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Isn't Norfair returning as a stage, if so, we'll probably see the GS track there again.
(The GS plays in that stage if I can recall.)
Yeah that's what I'm saying.

If for whatever reason Norfair doesn't have the Golden Sun track and it isn't found anywhere else. I think that's at least worth raising an eyebrow over.

If nothing else the Wii U version is going to give us a better idea of where we stand.

D

Deleted member

Personally, I'm not getting my hopes up too high for character DLC beyond Mewtwo. What I'm seeing on this forum (not particularly this topic) right now with "Mewtwo confirms further DLC" is very similar to what I saw with "There must be more characters in the final game, because of the lock symbol on the All Star Mode". I see a lot of people getting way too far ahead of themselves.

Nothing is confirmed except for Mewtwo. The way Mewtwo was presented didn't really give me any confidence. He was represented less as a DLC character, and more as a benefit of buying both games. Him being available as paid DLC beyond owners of both games is pure speculation.

I just have this sinking feeling that's all it is... That Mewtwo is a special case.

Of course, I could be wrong... But I just hate to see so many jump on this bandwagon of things being confirmed that simply are not. I repeat absolutely nothing is confirmed except for Mewtwo.
Your argument is valid, and for all we know, Mewtwo might be all we ever get. In fact, Mewtwo might just be a bonus for those who have both games.

The reason why people think there is potential for further DLC stems largely from observing some models of Nintendo's DLC as of late, with Mario Kart 8 in particular. Of course, that is an apples-to-oranges comparsion, but you know... the opportunities are still open, especially due to the fact that Smash Bros. is meant to be a game that would keep the Wii U relevant in sales, and one factor in that is to extend the game's lifespan. I mean, it's clear there won't be a new game for many, many years, so rather than work on a brand-new title, just spend some time creating new fighters for the existing game. As long as it's not like Capcom's model of releasing the same game over a span of five-seven years with minor updates, I will be okay with it.

But, out of curiousity, if it's confirmed that DLC will go far beyond Mewtwo, what extents do you see the practice going?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Your argument is valid, and for all we know, Mewtwo might be all we ever get. In fact, Mewtwo might just be a bonus for those who have both games.

The reason why people think there is potential for further DLC stems largely from observing some models of Nintendo's DLC as of late, with Mario Kart 8 in particular. Of course, that is an apples-to-oranges comparsion, but you know... the opportunities are still open, especially due to the fact that Smash Bros. is meant to be a game that would keep the Wii U relevant in sales, and one factor in that is to extend the game's lifespan. I mean, it's clear there won't be a new game for many, many years, so rather than work on a brand-new title, just spend some time creating new fighters for the existing game. As long as it's not like Capcom's model of releasing the same game over a span of five-seven years with minor updates, I will be okay with it.

But, out of curiousity, if it's confirmed that DLC will go far beyond Mewtwo, what extents do you see the practice going?
I'm not disputing the potential of DLC. I always thought that there was the potential of character DLC. However, what I'm talking about is how I've seen many members on this forum and otherwise jump to saying that character DLC beyond Mewtwo is now confirmed.

There's too many misconceptions around here - especially about Mewtwo, who has never been confirmed to be released beyond as a benefit for owning both games, despite what many are claiming. I've even seen members here link to a Tweet that supposedly 'confirms' that, but it doesn't even remotely confirm anything.

This community jumps on the 'confirmed' bandwagon so fast that it is ridiculous. I was hoping we could let it slide with the All-Star lock "confirmation", but even still it is happening here, and once again, there is no guarantee that this DLC goes beyond Mewtwo.

I can't speak on how far it would go if it continues, just that to me, right now I have a bad feeling about it.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
People aren't stupid. The vast majority of us realise that Mewtwo being the only confirmed dlc is our current reality and that anything beyond that is not guaranteed.

Also I'd argue that you can get carried away in the other direction too. There are surely people out there right now positively thrashing the possibility that there may be character dlc beyond Mewtwo, purely out of their own negativity or desire to keep people grounded.

"We don't know anything."

Stick that sentence in your journal.

Last edited:

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Im gonna something.
I gonna support Isaac, but first!
Im gonna wait for the Wii U version.
I want that Wii U version be released. When release.
I gonna collect everything, unlock everything and may use assist trophy of what characters gonna appear.
I want to know the truth. I want to believe, is Isaac is there.
For now, that my only way to the true fate of Isaac.
Edit: better say... Eveyrthing I did on the 3ds I gonna do it again. better I say. Just to find who desconfirm or gone.
Then say it but... Im too slow for that or tohers can aprove it better... So I just in my own and help of everyone.
Oppss error my deiting anyway.

Guy, In the Wii U version Dillon rolling western was found in... Pilotwings!!!

I don't kwon why dillon gonna have a music in pilotwing... Is like Fire emblem get a music on Temple in melee. Golden Sun in metroid and now Dillon in Pilotwings?! Now Takamaru music is gonna be in Kid Icarus stage!?

Last edited:

Seleir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yoshigold
3DS FC
2707-1692-7697
Switch FC
2632-8168-1029
guys i think that there is a possibility to include not isaac but Matthew!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
guys i think that there is a possibility to include not isaac but Matthew!
I lot of people have suggested this. The fact is, Matthew is so similar to Isaac that it'd be quite pointless overall. Isaac is more important to the series as a whole, and since they ARE so similar, Matthew could just as easily be an alt of Isaac.

Also, here's a DLC poll on Smashboards:
http://smashboards.com/threads/poll-vote-for-your-preferred-smash-bros-dlc-choices.375784/

For newcomers, its K. Rool, Dixie Kong, and Isaac. For Veterans, its Wolf, Lucas, Ice Climbers, and Snake. In total, its K. Rool, Wolf, Dixie Kong, Lucas, Ice Climbers, Isaac, and Snake, but these guys have a significant lead over the rest (the next-highest after Snake at 28 is several characters at 20).

I voted K. Rool, Dixie, Isaac, and Lip of course.

Here's the thing. In order to develop Mewtwo, they have to keep all their teams together for an additional six months at least. Why do that for just one character? It honestly just doesn't make that much sense in the long run. Mewtwo IS DLC, regardless of how he was promoted. He'll be sold separately later, especially when you consider that the special offer of getting Mewtwo for free is only if you register the games within a limited time. They are continuing to develop and add other things into the game post-release, too, including a few game modes and even one stage (at least). Sure, other DLC isn't confirmed (yet), but Mewtwo makes it blatantly obvious that they can do so, and DLC will sell, especially for Smash Bros.

I give DLC other than Mewtwo a 90% chance of happening. Yes, it is just a number I came up with, but the fact is, Nintendo is doing DLC left and right. Smash is the big game coming out, they wouldn't miss the opportunity to do so.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Gotta go give that thread a visit.

Isaac needs more representation there! Funny thing, Isaac has a good chunk of votes but I have only seen 2 -3 posts mentioning him!

Let's vote for Isaac! We like Ike Isaac! :p

Last edited:

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Just went ahead and gave my vote to Isaac, Lucas, Wolf and King K. Rool, let's hope Sakurai add those characters via DLC.

Isaac for Super Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U!!!

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
People aren't stupid. The vast majority of us realise that Mewtwo being the only confirmed dlc is our current reality and that anything beyond that is not guaranteed.

Also I'd argue that you can get carried away in the other direction too. There are surely people out there right now positively thrashing the possibility that there may be character dlc beyond Mewtwo, purely out of their own negativity or desire to keep people grounded.

"We don't know anything."

Stick that sentence in your journal.
No need to get so snappy. Geez. lol

I do apologize for bring this into this topic... It didn't really deserve it. But it needed to be said somewhere.

I know that there are very likely obnoxious "There will absolutely be no character DLC beyond Mewtwo, because ..." people, but they aren't going around spreading false, twisted information (and acting like it is confirmed fact) that is setting up a lot of people up for potential disappointment.

This is EXACTLY what happened with the All-Star lock rumors. They got taken as 'confirmed' fact by a lot of the community. I knew very well that nothing was confirmed, but for the most part I kept silent. This time I'm not keeping silent.

Still I have hope for Isaac, and Isaac alone. Which may be completely shot down when the Wii U version is released, but who knows?

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero

I do apologize for bring this into this topic... It didn't really deserve it. But it needed to be said somewhere.

I know that there are very likely obnoxious "There will absolutely be no character DLC beyond Mewtwo, because ..." people, but they aren't going around spreading false, twisted information (and acting like it is confirmed fact) that is setting up a lot of people up for potential disappointment.

This is EXACTLY what happened with the All-Star lock rumors. They got taken as 'confirmed' fact by a lot of the community. I knew very well that nothing was confirmed, but for the most part I kept silent. This time I'm not keeping silent.

Still I have hope for Isaac, and Isaac alone. Which may be completely shot down when the Wii U version is released, but who knows?
Fine. I get your point.

I just get a little irritated when I see people assuming we don't know any better. Maybe it's just the people I interact with but I haven't spoken to anyone who thought Isaac was definitely going to happen. Hoped? Yes. Suspected? Yes. However that's not the same as outright thinking it's absolutely going to happen.

Just because we don't end all our posts with "but Isaac probably isn't going to happen" that doesn't mean we don't recognise the possibility of not getting Isaac. If anything that pushes us more to try to understand the situation.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

Hype is something that everyone should be a part of. Disappointed? Oh well it was fun while it lasted. Optimism, it's much, much better than pessimism.

e105beta

Smash Journeyman
40% of people voted for Isaac in that poll, but almost nobody is talking about him.

Are we just terrible at making our voices heard?

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
40% of people voted for Isaac in that poll, but almost nobody is talking about him.

Maybe it's to do with the fact he isn't particularly controversial nor has anything currently going on with the Golden Sun series to talk about? He is one of the less debated characters.

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
Isaac's fanbase is definitely more tame,well-controlled, and respected as a result. We don't litter our discussion topic with pointless memes, we can typically handle criticism more maturely than other fanbases, and we certainly are not grasping for straws at every corner.

We know that adding Isaac will be a huge deal for the Golden Sun franchise, whereas most of the franchises on the roster are currently well represented. Tacking on another Mario or Pokemon character for instance, will make a minimal impact for their respective series. Sometimes people only think about what a character can do for Smash, not for their franchise.

Last edited:

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
I don't think people have a lot to say about Isaac, because what is to be said has already been said. Golden Sun needs a rep, Isaac's abcense is extremely suspicious, he would be a great addition to the roster, Golden Sun needs more love, etc.

Isaac is in the top 5 characters for DLC and the only newcomer ahead of him is King K. Rool that comes from a bigger franchise than Isaac, but than, Golden Sun is still an unrepresented franchise and I'm positive we will see Isaac being a playable via DLC (I said positive, I'm not saying it is guaranteed to happen), so all is left for us is to wait and have hope that Sakurai realises that Isaac has to be playable.

Also, tomorrow the DLC demo leaker dude said that he will post a video where he does something with the character selection screen, however, it is 99,99% fake (i'm the type of guy that has to see to believe).

D

Deleted member

I don't think people have a lot to say about Isaac, because what is to be said has already been said. Golden Sun needs a rep, Isaac's abcense is extremely suspicious, he would be a great addition to the roster, Golden Sun needs more love, etc.

Isaac is in the top 5 characters for DLC and the only newcomer ahead of him is King K. Rool that comes from a bigger franchise than Isaac, but than, Golden Sun is still an unrepresented franchise and I'm positive we will see Isaac being a playable via DLC (I said positive, I'm not saying it is guaranteed to happen), so all is left for us is to wait and have hope that Sakurai realises that Isaac has to be playable.

Also, tomorrow the DLC demo leaker dude said that he will post a video where he does something with the character selection screen, however, it is 99,99% fake (i'm the type of guy that has to see to believe).
Five bucks says that it will involve camera tricks, because unless he selects all of them, and the character colors get switched up by pressing on them, I won't believe it, as even in beta mode, characters would have alternate colors at least to differentiate themselves.

And, I think the lack of Isaac talk stems mostly because we've talked all there is, but that doesn't mean we don't want him involved. It's the exact opposite.

CadePirate

Smash Apprentice
I would like to point out that Nintendo made a big deal of putting golden sun on the eshop along next to yoshi's island and stuff. Maybe that will put the golden sun assist trophies or trophies on the Wii u.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Where in big deal are you stating?
When the GBA lineup for Wii U VC was announced, I didn't see as much promotion for the game. The game only had a trailer and a few other general things like every other GBA game that released along with GS.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Where in big deal are you stating?
When the GBA lineup for Wii U VC was announced, I didn't see as much promotion for the game. The game only had a trailer and a few other general things like every other GBA game that released along with GS.
To some people, that's better than nothing, given how they feel that the franchise had been swept into the dustbin of Nintendo's history.

I mean, it does sound silly, but you do have to understand why people may comment that it's a big deal because it means "Hey! We still get some recognition." Besides, Nintendo will never release any of the old Pokemon games on the VC, so you might as well bring in the best lineup you can, and Golden Sun was a decent choice for the GBA VC.

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
Surprised I haven't see much discussion on a Golden Sun stage.
Venus Lighthouse would be cool. There's a custom one I have on Brawl that actually splits apart like it does at the end of the first game.

Or Apollo Sanctum ( Since DD is the most recent). Maybe standing in the light causes damage while in the shadows doesn't. Pretty much based off the last room of said dungeon.

And I'm sure his appearance would be GS1/2 Isaac. Look at Megaman, they went with the classic version and not Megaman X or the others because that was the most iconic.

EDIT: Anyone remember that one leaker awhile back? The one that said he knew Isaac was being held back for the Wii U version? Well, said leaker also said there was "some sort of Race to the Finish" like thing in SmashU, not knowing much about it. Well, there IS something like that, the Master Fortress. So perhaps this leak was real?

Last edited:

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
I just checked the fake leak to see if the leaker had indeed uploaded the video where he does more things with the character screen and guess what, he took down the original video, which is a shame, since I wanted that leak to be true (even though I know that it was fake), so only time will tell us the future of Isaac.

May the Golden Sun shine on the battlefield, when we see the leader of the Warriors of Vale defeating the Nintendo greatest.

Seleir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yoshigold
3DS FC
2707-1692-7697
Switch FC
2632-8168-1029
please sakurai, enjoy our pray and go for Isacc. I wait him for 6 years or more

Top Bottom