• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I love Inklings and I love Splatoon. I still don't want Inklings. Not yet, at any rate. The popularity of Splatoon is such that they're pretty much guaranteed a berth in Smash5. Move over and give this berth to someone who isn't moving Wii Us off shelves.

I will say, I'd rather see Inklings than some obscure and/or third party crap.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
You know, if they did make an amalgram of Isaac's designs in the hypothetical scenario where he is DLC, he'd probably look somewhat like this.

Probably with a beard as well.

Last edited:

StrikeBlade

Smash Apprentice
That would be one character I would never buy. I honestly can not stand even looking at them. Sorry for the bluntness, but they're like one of the ugliest designs Nintendo has ever made, and they aren't even side characters!

I'm terrible for using that as a reason to not want them in... But seriously, if they get in and Isaac doesn't... Mii costumes is the best place for them at this point.
You really think so? I think they're pretty cute. But they could also do with some... liveliness? They have weird dead eyes, which I always thought looked so gross.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I have nothing wrong with the Inklings. They're my third most wanted at the moment and it would be great to see them playable (Say good-bye to your Mii Costume arguments, Inkling and K. Rool detractors!)

Regardless, if the supposed rumour is true, then that means that they would not be a part of the Ballot, meaning that there goes one of Isaac's potential threats, and one less character I have to worry about.

For now, we should wait and see what Nintendo has to say, and I'm sure the Golden Sun will rise when Isaac gets confirmed.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
In my opinion, I don't want the Inkling to be a playable character... at least before Isaac, King K. Rool and Wolf, because, I think those three deserve to be in before since they have a much longer story with Nintendo, have huge moveset potencial (so do Inklings with all those weapons) and Wolf was cut from Brawl for no apparent reason.

But yeah, this is the Isaac thread, so here's hope that he will join the party/ shakes the battlefield/ moves into battle/ etc.

Last edited:

ZanZero

Smash Apprentice
You know, if they did make an amalgram of Isaac's designs in the hypothetical scenario where he is DLC, he'd probably look somewhat like this.

Probably with a beard as well.
*Drool* Um, yes. Very much yes. I know that isn't what he'd end up looking like 100%, but damn if I wouldn't be stoked for it.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm not an active supporter of Inklings because they seem inevitable for the next game at any rate, but I like them and will be happy to see them.

-------------------------

C'mon Nintendo, at least acknowledge that the ballot exists. We want to hear more than just a Thank You.

:231:

Last edited:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
So much waiting. No Direct, no new info, nothing...
Well, at least they recently confirmed that they would be continuing Directs even after Iwata's passing. I'm very happy for that, he wouldn't have wanted it any other way.

Anyway, I don't know that we should expect information anytime soon. If Nintendo really did wait for the Ballot to end to decide than we are going to be waiting a loonggggg time. Unless they give us results/teasers... But I doubt it, I imagine we'll get the information when the characters are revealed in full.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Maybe they will reveal the characters when they are alredy made, but i wanted that they at least reveal who was sonner(like mew2)

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Maybe they will reveal the characters when they are alredy made, but i wanted that they at least reveal who was sonner(like mew2)
Ah, that's true. They did reveal Mewtwo like that. I had completely forgotten!

Still, I wouldn't get my hopes up too high for a reveal soon. It could go either way, I guess.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Ah, that's true. They did reveal Mewtwo like that. I had completely forgotten!

Still, I wouldn't get my hopes up too high for a reveal soon. It could go either way, I guess.
They did it with Lucas too, revealing him with Mewtwo's release, but not having him available until E3.

I don't think they'd want to wait on it too long. Better to keep interest up.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Its like waiting for Golden Sun 4...
At least this time we know we have a chance of succeeding though. And if we succeed here, our chances of seeing GS4, in my opinion, go way up.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
At least this time we know we have a chance of succeeding though. And if we succeed here, our chances of seeing GS4, in my opinion, go way up.
I think whether Isaac gets into Smash or not, as long as he ranks high in the ballot the chances of seeing GS4 go way up.

littl-myth

Smash Rookie
I just checked the Japan website and checked twice, Super Smash isn't on the compatible list for Chibi Robo. Hmmmm, welp. Time shall say, when the time gets around.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah, its definitely false. The Chibi-Robo Amiibo is mistakenly listed on the US site only. Nintendo has made compatibility screwups in the past with various Amiibo, so its nothing new.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Yeah, its definitely false. The Chibi-Robo Amiibo is mistakenly listed on the US site only. Nintendo has made compatibility screwups in the past with various Amiibo, so its nothing new.
Of course it's not.

It's still something to talk about during these barren hours of waiting.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Going crazy waiting for DLC news like:
View attachment 77354
Just be strong 9Blades. Waiting for a character you long for to be playable is harsh and grates on the nerves. Might I suggest doing something else while waiting? It has helped me in the long run and has made the wait more comfortable.

Remember, Nintendo and Sakurai and his Team have to waver through the votes to pick out the legit ones, then they need to make the announcement. Checking to see that each vote is legit will take a long time.

Liverpool19

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Clemo13
A bit late, but for my favorite summon I xhose Catastrophe because it is gud. I almost picked Haures because of it's absolute brutalness, but the damage output on Catastrophe is gud.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Judgment is my number 1 summon, no question. Number 2 is the tricky choice given all the amazing options like Catastrophe, Iris, Crystallux, and Daedalus.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
I... I just dreamt about Isaac being playable in Sm4sh... He was gorgeous. I wish I hadn't woken up.

Jamurai

Victory is my destiny
NNID
Jamurai92
It's weird how many people have posted dreaming about playing Isaac in Smash. This post made me remember that I dreamt it the other day too, as a matter of fact. He was broken cause I could spam Grand Gaia with little to no endlag. :laugh: I had another dream last week that I did an MK combo on a ZSS and the crowd around me started rioting and pelting rotten fruit at me. I probably dream about Smash a tad too much...

I have a couple of questions for you guys. What type of Adept would you like to be, and where in Weyard would you live if you had the choice?

Assume that this is after the events of Golden Sun 2, so your decision is not weighted by weird climate changes brought on by the lighthouses being lit one by one. (Sadly I have no knowledge of what happens in DD yet, so let's imagine you're living in Weyard in the years between GS2 and 3.)

MrMacBeth

Smash Rookie
I am actually pretty anxious to have him introduced in Smash just to be low tier, as Sakurai hasn't been kind to RPG characters, especially sword users :ohwell:

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I am actually pretty anxious to have him introduced in Smash just to be low tier, as Sakurai hasn't been kind to RPG characters, especially sword users :ohwell:
I thought Shulk was decent? I don't play most sword-users so can't say.

:231:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Marth was upper tier in both Melee and Brawl. Smash4 hit him with the nerf bat a bit but he's still pretty solid mid tier, Link is actually pretty decent in Smash4 for a change, and Ike's never been terrible.

I think Roy might actually beat Marth in Smash4 as well.

Hell, in Melee, Marth had equal matchup with Fox, and was only at -1 against Meta Knight in Brawl.

Last edited:

MrMacBeth

Smash Rookie
Marth was upper tier in both Melee and Brawl. Smash4 hit him with the nerf bat a bit but he's still pretty solid mid tier, Link is actually pretty decent in Smash4 for a change, and Ike's never been terrible.

I think Roy might actually beat Marth in Smash4 as well.

Hell, in Melee, Marth had equal matchup with Fox, and was only at -1 against Meta Knight in Brawl.
As a former Marth user, I'm fully aware of all of that. Nevertheless, Smash 4 put an end to all that & sword users have become pretty underwhelming (with the notable exception of Roy, that's true. Considering he is the only DLC swordsman, maybe there is some hope left following his precedent).
Nobody can also deny that Isaac's build in golden sun (High attack, nice bulk, low speed) isn't the best combinaison in order to perform well in smash.

That being said maybe I'm too pessimistic. At least, I hope I am ^^

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
As a former Marth user, I'm fully aware of all of that. Nevertheless, Smash 4 put an end to all that & sword users have become pretty underwhelming (with the notable exception of Roy, that's true. Considering he is the only DLC swordsman, maybe there is some hope left following his precedent).
Nobody can also deny that Isaac's build in golden sun (High attack, nice bulk, low speed) isn't the best combinaison in order to perform well in smash.

He's not "low speed". The pure-Venus Adept out speeds both pure-Mars (THAT'S your "low speed" class) and pure-Mercury. It's not as fast as the Jupiter Adepts (because wind = speed), but it's not slow.

Last edited:

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace

Actually, Isaac has pretty good speed in Golden Sun, being one of the fastest adepts (I think he only loses to Ivan and Sheba and maybe with Jenna (I think Jenna is slightly faster)), so I hope Sakurai makes Isaac a relatively fast character with pretty powerful attacks, mostly based on Psynergy (if done well, I can see Isaac being a high or top tier character).

However, even if Isaac ends up being low tier, I'll still main the hell out of him (since I already have Pikachu to fulfill the top tier role).

alguidrag

Smash Ace
I dreamed I was playing with my friends
the character I was playing was isaac
the up- smash it resembled that of Roy because he used a djinn mars in the sword
The move also served to grab the objects like bombs of link
in its down -smash he jabbed the sword on the ground and went up two stone pilasters
otherwise only remember his taunt , he played rock-paper -scissors with hand psy -energy and its animation victory in a djinn venus ran him as Isaac followed it with eyes

Accursed

Smash Journeyman
I dreamed I was playing with my friends
the character I was playing was isaac
the up- smash it resembled that of Roy because he used a djinn mars in the sword
The move also served to grab the objects like bombs of link
in its down -smash he jabbed the sword on the ground and went up two stone pilasters
otherwise only remember his taunt , he played rock-paper -scissors with hand psy -energy and its animation victory in a djinn venus ran him as Isaac followed it with eyes
This seems like something Nintendo would actually do.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
To me, I think the whole "Oh, Isaac will just be another generic anime swordsman" argument is void. He can wield an Axe in his games, so if they wanted to make Isaac unique, give him an axe. However, if they really decide to go with his sword, make it so he barely or very rarely uses it and instead relys on his vast amount of Psynergy and Djinn to his advantage. I think that would work out in the end and would shoot down that argument so easily.

EDIT: Derp, I spelled his name wrong twice. The shame. >_<

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
To me, I think the whole "Oh, Isaac will just be another generic anime swordsman" argument is void. He can wield an Axe in his games, so if they wanted to make Isaac unique, give him an axe. However, if they really decide to go with his sword, make it so he barely or very rarely uses it and instead relys on his vast amount of Psynergy and Djinn to his advantage. I think that would work out in the end and would shoot down that argument so easily.

EDIT: Derp, I spelled his name wrong twice. The shame. >_<
Yeah, Isaac barely using a sword is definitely the best thing for him. He doesn't even need to use it at all, but he should use it for a couple of attacks.

Top Bottom