• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Top 438 in the Individual Character Poll!

Want to see how well your character is doing in the top 438 check and find out!
The poll results are based on this poll.
http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/09/10/pollsmash4/
Thanks Logo12 from Smashboards for making this!
Over 1600+ votes have been casted in the poll, if you haven't voted please do so!
Wow, Isaac getting that amount of votes is fantastic, really hoping that he makes it in.

You should go on Miiverse.
I still think Bigley (not to be confused with Ridley), Shadow, Goku and Shrek are Miiverse's community most voted characters.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
MiiVerse isn't that bad in Splatoon. It's actually quite friendly. Even during Splatfests. Sure, people snipe and take potshots at the other team, but afterwards it's all good job and good luck.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I've gotta wonder; why isn't Isaac as popular in Japan as he is here in the West? That is where his game series started out, if I'm not mistaken, so it's a mystery to me as to why Japan wouldn't want him as much as we would.

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
I've gotta wonder; why isn't Isaac as popular in Japan as he is here in the West? That is where his game series started out, if I'm not mistaken, so it's a mystery to me as to why Japan wouldn't want him as much as we would.
I guess it's because they are drowning into JRPGs, in Japan...
And somehow, it seems like they don't care as much as we in the West do over who's gonna make it in Smash.
That's the impression I had from the Japanese guy on Reddit and sourcegaming's article about who's popular in Japan, anyway.
Also they seem to have pretty different taste compared to the West, while even between the US and Europe, there's practically no difference. And on the Smash Communities on the Internet, there's people from both continents, too, so we are aware of each other's point of view. But not Japan because of the language barrier, and it kinda sets them apart, they're a bit less aware of what's popular here, I think (not completely unaware of course).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Isaac's lack of popularity in Japan is because Japan is the land of JRPGs. Golden Sun just doesn't stand out that much in comparasion to the other tons of games of said genre in that part of the world.

This is also the problem with the release timing of Dark Dawn. By the time that game was released (2010), the DS had already it's fair share of RPGs of noteworty names (Mario & Luigi: Parthners in time and Bowser's inside Story, Pokemon Sinnoh and the Johto remakes, etc...) and as such it didn't have that much of an advantage like the first game.

Keep in mind that the original GS was released in 2001. During that time, there were no major RPG hitters on the GBA (minus the Final Fantasy ports and some other one that im forgetting). Golden Sun was at an advantage during that time since it was basically a launch title for the GBA. And the popularity of the first game led to the 2nd game getting enough attention.

Im not hating on Dark Dawn or anything, im just thinking aloud. (i still have to play that game.....)

Last edited by a moderator:

onehundredhitz

Smash Apprentice
I haven't really ever played a GS game, but for some reason if Isaac ever made it in, I would main the f*ck outta him. I don't know why. It's like an innate force compelling me to.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Isaac's lack of popularity in Japan is because Japan is the land of JRPGs. Golden Sun just doesn't stand out that much in comparasion to the other tons of games of said genre in that part of the world.

This is also the problem with the release timing of Dark Dawn. By the time that game was released (2010), the DS had already it's fair share of RPGs of noteworty names (Mario & Luigi: Parthners in time and Bowser's inside Story, Pokemon Sinnoh and the Johto remakes, etc...) and as such it didn't have that much of an advantage like the first game.

Keep in mind that the original GS was released in 2001. During that time, there were no major RPG hitters on the GBA (minus the Final Fantasy ports and some other one that im forgetting). Golden Sun was at an advantage during that time since it was basically a launch title for the GBA. And the popularity of the first game led to the 2nd game getting enough attention.

Im not hating on Dark Dawn or anything, im just thinking aloud. (i still have to play that game.....)
I think for the GBA you had Breath of Fire around that time (it was a JRPG, wasn't it a remake/port as well?). There was also Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (winner of the "Holy **** it's Already 4 AM in the Morning" Award).

Ah. That brings back memories... For a game that had such a cut-and-dry story, it was still REALLY addicting. I never played the DS sequel either... I probably should have. Everyone said it improved on every aspect of the GBA game, especially the story. And included getting rid of some of the more stupid/annoying laws.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I think for the GBA you had Breath of Fire around that time (it was a JRPG, wasn't it a remake/port as well?). There was also Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (winner of the "Holy **** it's Already 4 AM in the Morning" Award).

Ah. That brings back memories... For a game that had such a cut-and-dry story, it was still REALLY addicting. I never played the DS sequel either... I probably should have. Everyone said it improved on every aspect of the GBA game, especially the story. And included getting rid of some of the more stupid/annoying laws.
Yea the 2nd game on the DS was pretty great. Haven't finished it yet though.

Although it would qualify more as a tactical RPG rather than the turn-based RPG Golden Sun is.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895

Final Fantasy Tactics A2 did not improve the story of the GBA game. It was actually one of the worst parts of the game, and one of the reasons most fans think it didn't sell as well as its GBA predecessor. The story is heavily front loaded with tutorials (about a third of the main story) then the end is wrapped up with some incredibly exposition heavy scenes that leave a bunch of questions unanswered. Really, it feels as though there were much larger plans for the main story that got cut off and lost in editing somewhere.

Almost everything else is an improvement, though. And the side missions are much more varied and fun.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Arrgh you guys stop reminding me of Final Fantasy Tactics Advance! I already have a lot on my plate and you are tempting me to go play the original again as I doubt I acquired all of the turf in it!

Although reminding me to finish the 2nd game wasn't bad. It is yet another overlooked series that needs another sequel, kinda like our own favourite series.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Le Gasp.

We are like 4 topics from falling off the front page.

This is unacceptable.

Therefore, I shall provide a stimulant for thoughtful and philosophical discussion and debate.

Aside from Isaac, what characters you all want to see in Smash that have absolutely no chance on ever getting in?

Like, Gordan Freeman or the Dovahkiin.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Le Gasp.

This is unacceptable.

Therefore, I shall provide a stimulant for thoughtful and philosophical discussion and debate.

Aside from Isaac, what characters you all want to see in Smash that have absolutely no chance on ever getting in?

Let's keep it on Isaac, at least tangentially.

What Golden Sun Assist Trophies would you like to see? The Wise One is obvious, but some others would be fun.

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880

What Golden Sun Assist Trophies would you like to see? The Wise One is obvious, but some others would be fun.
Karst (scythe and fireballs) :love:
Alex (using the geysers from TLA)
Deadbeard, maybe.
And for the laughs, Kraden. :awesome:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA

Garet would be cool, although I kinda want to see him as a playable character just to get a fleshed out fire based moveset (Charizard's kinda eh for me). So Tyrell instead.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
As a GS assist trophy i would like Jenna casting the Fume-line psy-energy would be the best new AT if Isaac apear as dlc(before smash4 was released I was thought that possibility)

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Le Gasp.

This is unacceptable.

Solar Boy Django.

I would like to see Garet casting Volcano, or Ivan casting Tornado.

Jamurai

Victory is my destiny
NNID
Jamurai92
For a character which has no chance of getting in, I'd like Heracross in Smash. He would have an awesome moveset.

As for GS assist trophies, aside from main characters of course... Dullahan and Deadbeard would be pretty cool, as well as djinn.

FORMINA SAGE TIME BAYBEEEEEE

Last edited:

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
I would like to se Saturos and Menardi, both doing their signature moves moving them to the both sides of the stage, then jumping to the center, fusing together and falling as Fusion dragon (like Outer Space)... A really potent Assist Trophy similar to Snorlax

or as a weaker one, maybe we might get a Tempest Lizard, appearing as a tornado (like :4metaknight::GCB:) then trying to catch the nearest character, transforming into a tornado and launching it to the air... low damage but high knockback

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002

I know its a little uninspired but I'd like to see Briggs oddly. Just think, Briggs is summoned then he summons his own crew to attack the AT summoner's oppenents. It'd be like Samurai Goroh, but there is more than one on the field.

As for GS assist trophies, aside from main characters of course... Dullahan and Deadbeard would be pretty cool, as well as djinn.

*Mario gets an assist trophy*
*Dullahan is summoned*
Dullahan casts Djinn Storm!
*Mario's opponents are instaKO'ed*
DullahanOPplsnerf.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
For a character which has no chance of getting in, I'd like Heracross in Smash. He would have an awesome moveset.

Well actually Formina Sage was a mistranslation/error on the part of the localization team.

It is actually supposed to be Fulminous Edge. This was fixed in Dark Dawn.

You sir are a scholar. Nice to see that some people remember that underrated series.
To be honest, I don't know the series in itself but I knew the character because of his appearances in some of the Megaman Battle Network games.

Last edited:

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Le Gasp.

This is unacceptable.

Quote from Cave Story all the way! Though if they add an Ash Hat for a Pokémon Trainer Mii costume, that would be an acceptable substitute in my eyes.

Daedalus. It would be Jeff plus Hocotate Bomb in one. Or perhaps Flora, flowering and putting enemies to sleep at the same time.

Top Bottom