• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
What if, as someone said in the previous page, the surprise ending is actually a full palette swap and we are told that Artsy was officially chosen by Nintendo to create the artwork of Isaac for DLC - and so we get the whole DLC announcement we have been waiting for, tomorrow?

Too good to be true, I guess.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Smashified could still come out today. What is holding them back? Seriously?
They're still making the video. Omni always has to be present to make each video, and he was gone over the weekend. Video editing can take a lot of time, maybe he didn't get started on it right away, or it took longer than he thought he needed to finish the video.

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
These guys do this stuff for free and on their own time. They don't owe you guys anything. No sense in complaining that you didn't get to see a picture of a character you like.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
These guys do this stuff for free and on their own time. They don't owe you guys anything. No sense in complaining that you didn't get to see a picture of a character you like.
Considering they've been teasing Isaac since what, May, I think we can complain a little bit that he's been delayed for the 4th time.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

We have been teased since the Travis Smashified video. (and that was 3 Months Ago)

Not only that, but he intentionally modified a picture of Isaac's hair to downright mess with us.

If you think we are upset, that's because we have been teased way too much, and he has been delyed 4 times. (first he was supposed to be before Bomberman, then after Bomberman on an August friday, then Monday, then Tuesday and now he has been delayed again).

If Artsy said "i will post it when i have the time", then i would be Okay. But No, he has to said a specific date and then delay it over and over.

Im not really that mad, but im really upset. And i don't like when people say that they are gonna do X thing on a specific date and then say they will do it later, i hate when people do that.
/Rant.

Anyways, rant over, new comic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
Right now I think we're all like Sirius Black
That's exactly how I feel about Isaac not being in Smash Bros yet. I've already thought of this scene before. :surprised:

About Smashified, I still tend to think they made a double issue and we're going to have both Isaac and Kumatora.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If we were promised nothing that would be true but, free or not, if a release date has officially been set we are owed a release by that date, and should that date get delayed, let alone four times, let alone after a disproportionate amount of jerking the fanbase around, given the circumstance it may be understandable, but it's also understandable why acrimony might arise.

Personally I couldn't care less about the video, I just want the picture, which has been finished since last week.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
We have been teased since the Travis Smashified video. (and that was 3 Months Ago)

Not only that, but he intentionally modified a picture of Isaac's hair to downright mess with us.

If you think we are upset, that's because we have been teased way too much, and he has been delyed 4 times. (first he was supposed to be before Bomberman, then after Bomberman on an August friday, then Monday, then Tuesday and now he has been delayed again).

If Artsy said "i will post it when i have the time", then i would be Okay. But No, he has to said a specific date and then delay it over and over.

Im not really that mad, but im really upset. And i don't like when people say that they are gonna do X thing on a specific date and then say they will do it later, i hate when people do that.
/Rant.

Anyways, rant over, new comic.
'Bride'
Mia's boycrazy in this isn't she?

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
Sourcegaming has made an article about the likely characters : http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/08/14/sourcegaming-choice-2-ballot-winners/

Isaac is inside. Read it, it's really interesting.
Thank you for sharing this!
What surprised me is K. Rool getting only one vote, and Inklings getting 6, even with the reasons given for them.
My votes would most likely be near Nantendo's. I still think K. Rool is more likely than Dixie. Imo, the reptile will just be made a little bit later because Sakurai & the team underestimated his popularity.

About Isaac, I just would have prefered if they had put the quotes at the beginning... in quotation marks, to emphasize that it's not them who are saying this. :p

Edit: Though, I guess Isaac will bever be considered as really likely until he is actually added. :urg:
And Golden Sun is still considered "dead" (that's what I get from one comment). I don't think there's an idea I wish I could completely destroy more than this one.

5 years (less than Punch-Out!!) < 7 years, and Dark Dawn having a sequel makes more sense than TLA having one, after all. And yet, solely based on the fact that "Dark Dawn was a fail", which is most likely false, "GS is dead".
The pessimism is really strong.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I know they don't owe us anything. I'm just "complaining" (it's not even real complaining, if I really wanted to complain I'd be sending them emails or at least tweeting them, but I don't because I don't care anywhere near that much) because it's cathartic, it's just something to say that's currently on topic.

I had a feeling somebody would eventually bring this up. You're not telling us anything we don't already understand though. I think you're taking it a bit too seriously. If we were taking our "complaining" seriously we wouldn't be doing it in this thread.

Accursed

Smash Journeyman
If someone promises you something, you'd expect them to give it to you. Especially if they've given you an exact date when you'll get it. They didn't have to promise you anything, but they did... on their own terms. So if they fail to even achieve the rules they set for themselves, and don't get you the thing they hyped you up for, your anger is justified.

tl;dr: They gave themselves a deadline, so they better meet it.

Edit: I'm not mad. Just upset.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just got a notification of someone quoting me, what happened here?

Well anyways, im only half-expecting Isaac to be released tomorrow, so many things have happened that i don't know what to believe anymore.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Okay...on my way to the Venus Lighthouse. I'm really enjoying the game, but I have a few criticisms of it.

It seems to me like, NOTHING is connected. You meet a few characters here or there but they are pretty forgettable. It's also a wee bit annoying that the characters will ask you silly Yes or No questions all the time, and the writing seems kinda...meh. However, that aside, I find the game to be well made gameplaywise. Also, if they're going to mention that there are lighthouses, why wouldn't you go to every one instead of just two???

I'm aware the game was made quite awhile ago, but those are my issues with the game. I think it's pretty good. It doesn't take away from my desire to see Isaac in Smash either.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Okay...on my way to the Venus Lighthouse. I'm really enjoying the game, but I have a few criticisms of it.

It seems to me like, NOTHING is connected. You meet a few characters here or there but they are pretty forgettable. It's also a wee bit annoying that the characters will ask you silly Yes or No questions all the time, and the writing seems kinda...meh. However, that aside, I find the game to be well made gameplaywise. Also, if they're going to mention that there are lighthouses, why wouldn't you go to every one instead of just two???

I'm aware the game was made quite awhile ago, but those are my issues with the game. I think it's pretty good. It doesn't take away from my desire to see Isaac in Smash either.
You hit the other two in TLA.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Golden Sun 1 and The Lost Age were originally meant to be one game together, but due to console limitations, they had to split into two.

A similar issue happened with Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Well that makes sense. That's too bad. Maybe I'll have to play The Lost Age then...

Anyway, I'm still thinking of some ideas for Isaac in Smash. Hopefully the ballot, and the HOPEFULLY SOON Smashified reveal will give him more exposure.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Yeah, you visit the other two lighthouses in Lost Age. I do agree that GS's storyline is kinda simplistic; its great for its gameplay and puzzles more than anything, but Lost Age I've heard gets better with the story, and even reveals some interesting plot points that happened in GS1 but you never knew the significance of it at the time. I'm planning on replaying GS1 on Wii U soon, then go to GS2 after I finish Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep.

Starless

Smash Cadet

In both GS games, most settlements nearby the elemental lighthouses have at least mentioned something about the elemental clans, except for Venus. If you are anticipating for Venus Clan backstory, tough luck because apparently the devs forgot they existed or something

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Last edited:

Liverpool19

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Clemo13
TLA in my opinion is a much bigger and better game than GS, although GS is still good. The characters aren't that connected though. The second game does bring some old characters back, but only some. TLA is the best in the series.

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
I may not be the first to point this out but am I the only one disturbed by the fact that there is a place called Air's Rock in real life?

Only it's spelt Uluru Ayers Rock.

candyissweet

Smash Apprentice
TLA in my opinion is a much bigger and better game than GS, although GS is still good. The characters aren't that connected though. The second game does bring some old characters back, but only some. TLA is the best in the series.
Yeah I have to agree, TLA had so much adventure and so many sidequests, in addition to new features and more of everthing in general. Also since it's pretty much a continuation of GS, and the data transfers, so when GS ends all that really happens is that it seems to morph into a new adventure. I do hope Felix makes an appearance if we get GS4.

EmeraldDragonair

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmeraldDragonair
I may not be the first to point this out but am I the only one disturbed by the fact that there is a place called Air's Rock in real life?

Only it's spelt Uluru Ayers Rock.
To add to that climbing it is often banned as a result of strong winds and/or high temperatures. Also there are emus around it like in TLA, but that's probably not news to anyone.

Last edited:
Top Bottom