• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

D

Deleted member

Isaac's trailer should make a reference to Colosso :awesome: (you know,with Isaac's friends cheating cheering him).

Last edited by a moderator:

Capita

Smash Apprentice
NNID
n1ntendogamer
Isaac's trailer should make a reference to Colosso :awesome: (you know,with Isaac's friends cheating cheering him).
If the developers are lazy (not calling them that), Colosso would be an easy stage to make, but I don't know how you could not make it an FD clone.
Whatcha think he was wearing a breastplate for? :smirk:
Demon Mail. It all makes sense now.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
If the developers are lazy (not calling them that), Colosso would be an easy stage to make, but I don't know how you could not make it an FD clone.

Demon Mail. It all makes sense now.
You surround the central platform with traps and obstacles. Like Colosso in-game, it's a battle to get to the middle and hold it. You have to work your way through the obstacles, taking damage and losing the advantage, to get back to the area where the fight occurs.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Colosso stage could be always changing and once you get to the mid part (where fighters battle), you can catch one item or another like in GS. If you pick the strong items, you'll get higher a much higher knockback, weight and power then your opponent.

D

Deleted member

The reason i mentioned Colosso is because is one of my favorite parts in the game.
Speaking about that, i have to ask ¿What was your favorite part of Golden Sun/Golden Sun:The Lost Age/Golden Sun:Dark Dawn?

D

Deleted member

Why the no mention of Dark Dawn. I see some racism going on here, Dark Dawn racism.
The reason i didn't mention Dark Dawn is because i haven't played it yet.
But feel free to mention your Favorite Moment of Dark Dawn if you want.:)

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
Maybe for the Colosso stage (or Venus Lighthouse or whatever we end up with) will have random conversations between the other characters, similar to the Snake codecs. (It'll never happen but still a cool idea. Isaac and Snake fighting on the same stage and a conversation between Kraden and Cambell)

Capita

Smash Apprentice
NNID
n1ntendogamer
The reason i mentioned Colosso is because is one of my favorite parts in the game.
Speaking about that, i have to ask ¿What was your favorite part of Golden Sun and Golden Sun:The Lost Age?
I liked all the lighthouses, but the one that has to be my favorite is the Jupiter lighthouse.
Why the no mention of Dark Dawn. I see some racism going on here, Dark Dawn racism.
If only Dark Dawn was the amazing game the first two turned out to be. Maybe we'd have our own character sub-forum by now.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
At least Dark Dawn existed though. Without it we'd be in the same pre-Brawl boat with Custom Robo and Advance Wars.

D

Deleted member

I apologize if anybody tought that i dislike DD.
I repeat i didn't played it, if you like Dark Dawn, feel free to talk about your favorite part of the game.

At least Dark Dawn existed though. Without it we'd be in the same pre-Brawl boat with Custom Robo and Advance Wars.
I feel the same, it's better than nothing.

D

Deleted member

First off, the fact that we let this thread slip down and not reply yesterday bugged me, so let's try to never do that again.

So, is it pretty much understood that Issac is the second most desired newcomer besides King K. Rool? I've seen a few polls where he ranks as such, a couple where he actually is number one, and a couple where he is a little further down. Overall, though, it seems he ranks very highly on the Smash ballot from what I've seen, and I just wanted to ask here.

Also, what are the main polls that you all look to in terms of ballot characters right now?
Personally, I wouldn't say that entirely, but I would argue that, of the potential Ballot choices, Isaac & K. Rool are sorta in a tier unto themselves. Other forums and communities, as well as various independent straw polls will argue other contenders in the group, but from a consistency standpoint, those are among, if not, the two most wanted DLC fighters.

From the way I look at the poll, you got four possible types of fighters being suggested:

1. Fighters that people want that didn't make it into the main game, due to the whole Relevancy > Demand aspect of Sakuai's decision-making, with the obvious reasoning being that if all these people are willing to pay for characters that haven't had anything meaningful in recent memory, why not at least develop them? As far as I'm concerned, the DLC fighters seem to be easier on the staff than the main roster. This is where Isaac & K. Rool likely go into the stance.
  2. Fighters that people want, but aren't likely going to make it into the game for various reasons, such as them being third-party, not having enough support overall, seem like a logistical undertaking in making into a fighter (and let's be realistic; characters like Duck Hunt & Wii Fit Trainer were those characters, but for DLC, they want instant competitors), have a negative stigma attached to them, etc al. That doesn't mean everybody in the group won't make it in, but a lot of serious cases must be made.
  3. Fighters that people want, but aren't going to make it it since they are already Assist Trophies, in which case you can make the case they are instead using this as an opportunity to show support for them in the next installment. Also, I could make the case that Ridley would belong in either this group (since Sakurai has been very adamant about him) or the last one.
  4. Fighters that, in no way on Earth, could even be remotely considered because they are not video game characters (like Goku and Shrek), or belong firmly with another major console maker's IP list (sorta going here with Banjo-Kazooie). To me, this is the Joke or Troll Group, since these people are deliberately clogging up the Ballot with these requests.

I don't understand why they don't, considering Europe and Japan have it. You can't play Golden Sun without playing the Lost Age. It's possible to live without Dark Dawn, but the original two always have to be paired up. Nintendo needs to make a Golden Sun bundle.
It's funny how Japan has both Golden Sun games considering that the fan base is larger here in the US (not sure about Europe).
It's a Nintendo of America problem. Like I always say, Reggie Fils-Aime can be very backwards and lethagic with giving the Americans stuff, and even though I finally got my Donkey Kong Land games, I still think the NA VC is a joke.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
I loved Dark Dawn, I feel that the it is a pretty underrated game. It's true that it wasn't up to Golden Sun or Golden Sun: The Lost Age, but it was still a pretty good and enjoyable game. However, besides being a pretty good game, it had two big flaws, the first one being the points of no return, which limits your exploration through Weyard, which sucks (exploring Weyard at will was awesome, specially in GS:2) and the massive cliffhanger. Then there are some new interesting plot that unfortunately gets dropped and never mencioned again (looking at you Psynergy Vortexes).

D

Deleted member

First off, the fact that we let this thread slip down and not reply yesterday bugged me, so let's try to never do that again.
I think it may be due to the fact that there's really not that much to talk about,there hasn't been any major news/leaks/rumors related to Isaac(or the Golden Sun series for that matter).
But i have an idea,how about using the 4.koma gag battle panels in a similar way to the One of us video in the King K. Rool thread?

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Ok guys, I am very confused if isaac will be in smashified because they released this page:

http://smashifiedart.com/whos-next

And I am reading this thread and tbh, I only played the first game so.....is he silent?

Cause I really don;t get it if he;s going to be there, the gba pic does go for him though.

Also....what is this material?

There was a problem fetching the tweet

does he means colors?

sorry if I ask so much questions, but tbh, their hints are weird :)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Ok guys, I am very confused if isaac will be in smashified because they released this page:

And I am reading this thread and tbh, I only played the first game so.....is he silent?

Cause I really don;t get it if he;s going to be there, the gba pic does go for him though.

does he means colors?

Doesn't Isaac have red on his armor?

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA

does he means colors?

Isaac is episode 10. He was delayed. This is for episode 9 which I think is Andy. (well episode 10 is most likely Isaac).

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

does he means colors?

The one everyone heavily speculated to be Isaac was delayed to the 10th Smashified. The 9th is a new one.

Isaac is episode 10. He was delayed. This is for episode 9 which I think is Andy. (well episode 10 is most likely Isaac).
http://e-shuushuu.net/images/2012-06-24-509777.jpeg

Looking at this artwork, I don't think its Andy. They state 10 different materials, one is colored red. Andy's ENTIRE outfit is red(-ish orange), not just one piece. If its Advance Wars related (which I'm not sure about) I actually think it'll be Sami (she also appears to have much more variety in her design than Andy does; Andy has a couple of belts, oversized wrenches and his jumpsuit; Sami's got a tank top, camo pants, rifle, headband, dog tag, pouch, ammo strip, arm band). In fact, I think Sami tends to get more support than Andy overall (more people just expect Andy would be picked).

Anyway, I'm not sure what to think about it right now. I don't think there's enough information to really guess who it is at this point except its Gameboy Advance related.

StormC

Smash Hero
This image was going around but the lack of Isaac bothered me so I hastily fixed it:

Looks like he's threatening Sakurai with that sword, really.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don't think it's Andy. He's not popular enough. He's also got more than one red texture. Smashified seems to only care about popular characters. With Travis being the exception I guess... but it's not enough of an exception for me to think it'd be Andy.

Could be Geno, he has a bunch of different textures going on (though I dunno if he has all of nine), his eyes are red, and his appearance on the GBA was obscure, which they made reference to in the hint.

Spikeez

Smash Cadet
Maybe Professor Layton? I don't know all that much about textures but he pretty much has the red one (the stripe in his tophat), and the music that was posted might also mean that he is going to be the one in EP. 9. He's also a really popular character. There might be other possible choices, though.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Maybe Professor Layton? I don't know all that much about textures but he pretty much has the red one (the stripe in his tophat), and the music that was posted might also mean that he is going to be the one in EP. 9. He's also a really popular character. There might be other possible choices, though.
He originated on the DS, though.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Retrospector isn't working on the music for the next one. Its Morbidly Wired (unless he's doing episode 10).

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I don't think it's Andy. He's not popular enough. He's also got more than one red texture. Smashified seems to only care about popular characters. With Travis being the exception I guess... but it's not enough of an exception for me to think it'd be Andy.

Could be Geno, he has a bunch of different textures going on (though I dunno if he has all of nine), his eyes are red, and his appearance on the GBA was obscure, which they made reference to in the hint.
I'm really not sure what to make of it so far. I definitely don't think its Andy, though. Even then, Sami seems to get more attention when it comes to fans voting for Advance Wars related characters (more people THINK Andy would be picked).

Capita

Smash Apprentice
NNID
n1ntendogamer
Anyone know what's missing?
http://strawpoll.me/4875276
Stuff like this makes me feel skeptical on Isaac's true popularity. It seems to be very polar, with sometimes people not knowing who Isaac even is to sometimes being the 2nd most requested character on some polls.

D

Deleted member

Stuff like this makes me feel skeptical on Isaac's true popularity. It seems to be very polar, with sometimes people not knowing who Isaac even is to sometimes being the 2nd most requested character on some polls.
What kind of poll includes WART,CHRONO AND COMMANDER VIDEO yet doesn't have Isaac?
i feel like that poll just forgot to include him.

EDIT: Crono would be cool though.

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290

does he means colors?

Material = Materia.
Goku hair.
Boots.
Cloud confirmed. :troll:

EDIT: So uh...what

smf.PNG

Last edited:

Capita

Smash Apprentice
NNID
n1ntendogamer
Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
If that were an Isaac hint, I'd say it's reflecting the sun. I have no clue what that is though.

He'd steal all the votes. That person was likely trying to give other characters a chance.
Its not an Isaac hint because Isaac is #10. :D

Material = Materia.
Goku hair.
Boots.
Cloud confirmed. :troll:

EDIT: So uh...what

View attachment 60932
I'm not sure what that's supposed to be.

Last edited:

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
I would say Chibi Robo, but he never appeared on GBA.
I also had Wonder Red in mind but...well you know, above.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Honestly this is the first poll I've seen that doesn't have Isaac as a choice.

If he were on there he'd probably still be second of the Nintendo characters, those results look pretty typical.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
http://e-shuushuu.net/images/2012-06-24-509777.jpeg
Looking at this artwork, I don't think its Andy. They state 10 different materials, one is colored red. Andy's ENTIRE outfit is red(-ish orange), not just one piece. If its Advance Wars related (which I'm not sure about) I actually think it'll be Sami (she also appears to have much more variety in her design than Andy does; Andy has a couple of belts, oversized wrenches and his jumpsuit; Sami's got a tank top, camo pants, rifle, headband, dog tag, pouch, ammo strip, arm band). In fact, I think Sami tends to get more support than Andy overall (more people just expect Andy would be picked).
Hm...I thought Andy was more talked about?
Wouldn't mind being wrong that but still.

Top Bottom