• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Hmm, looks like there's room in there for two more, if you count the Mii Fighters. [Shrugs] Though, they could always just shrink the portraits to make more room.
Oh yeah, missed that. Also, don't forget Mewtwo as well. So, there will be one spot left then? Unless Mewtwo (and other potential DLC characters) will get a dlc side by clicking an arrow. That there is another possibility.

Dizzy_Fool

Smash Apprentice
Considering the roster can and does shrink there's no real limit for characters as far as the CSS goes.

I just hope Mewtwo is next to the other Pokemon and not in his own section like the clones.

Well that and Isaac. And Dixie. And Isaac one more time, because this is the Isaac thread. Oh, and Wolf.

My DLC desires are thankfully less than extravagant.

I also like how the roster looks. The blue background is better than the yellow.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Considering the roster can and does shrink there's no real limit for characters as far as the CSS goes.

I just hope Mewtwo is next to the other Pokemon and not in his own section like the clones.

Well that and Isaac. And Dixie. And Isaac one more time, because this is the Isaac thread. Oh, and Wolf.

I also like how the roster looks. The blue background is better than the yellow.
I agree. Blue makes it work better. And your not the only one who wants more than Isaac. I just hope to see Isaac along with Wolf, Lucas, K. Rool, Dixie, IC, and a few others. Then the roster will be perfect. At least to my eyes. Don't get me wrong, its great as it is, but it just feels incomplete still.

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
I agree. Blue makes it work better. And your not the only one who wants more than Isaac. I just hope to see Isaac along with Wolf, Lucas, K. Rool, Dixie, IC, and a few others. Then the roster will be perfect. At least to my eyes. Don't get me wrong, its great as it is, but it just feels incomplete still.
I don't think there will be more than a few dlc characters given how long they take to make but that's just a guess. Tbh while I think any of those characters would be cool I think it's unfair to call the current roster incomplete. Those characters aren't really on the same level as most of the new roster in recognizability

Dizzy_Fool

Smash Apprentice
Those characters aren't really on the same level as most of the new roster in recognizability
I disagree. The people who will be buying Smash DLC are probably more familiar with Wolf, Lucas, and ICs than a good handful of the newcomers considering their Smash history. And anyone familiar with the DK series (which is a lot of people) likely know who Dixie and K. Rool are.

If anything Isaac is the odd one out. Though he wouldn't have been several years ago.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Oh and Isaac another time :p

Chibi Isaac, Young Isaac and Adult Isaac!

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Oh and Isaac another time :p

Chibi Isaac, Young Isaac and Adult Isaac!
Don't forget Isaac Jr., Dr. Isaac, Metal Isaac, Dark Isaac, Isaac & Felix, King Isaac, Toon Isaac, Captain Isaac, Isaac Kong, Mega Isaac, and Zero Suit Isaac (or Jenna). Did I miss any? :p

Ok, I invested more time on this joke than I should have. Hope someone got a laugh at it.

Kisae

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darkkisae
So there is some content of GS in this Smash. Well only the same music in Brawl. It could say that Isaac is confirmed as an unlockable AT exclusive to Wii U but then it would be really strange. I read someone said that if ISaac was only on wii u because 3DS will have problems to make animated hands well it doesn't seem realistic and i agree with that person. The 3DS can show a few hands goins left and right.

The other possibility is what we all want, Isaac is secretely hide to be revealed later as a DLC character.

I still hop eof seing an amazing trailer with him, but in the other side i consider the possibility of him beeing only an AT, but it would be very strange =/

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Zero Suit Isaac sounds legit
It would be cool if we can see what our characters look like in armour in the latest Golden Sun, like Xenoblade. That was a part of the game that I really liked. Kind of funny as I often just went with aesthetically pleasing armours considering some stupid looking armours in the game.

But then instead of Zero Suit Isaac, we will have China Dress Mia :p

Or the other cool clothes for Isaac like Ninja Garb Isaac. Or the Festival Coat!

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Did we all forget about the potential arrow buttons for DLC?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
The music does worry me just a bit. It worries me that Isaac will indeed be a Wii U specific Assist Trophy.

Sure, that doesn't make any sense given that the 3DS version is supposed to better represent handheld series while the Wii U console series. But let me remind you all in the Wii U version presentation while stating that the Wii U version would feature console trophies, they showed Mewtwo and Mega Mewtwo. Which makes just as much sense as Isaac being a Wii U-specific AT. =(

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
The music does worry me just a bit. It worries me that Isaac will indeed be a Wii U specific Assist Trophy.

Sure, that doesn't make any sense given that the 3DS version is supposed to better represent handheld series while the Wii U console series. But let me remind you all in the Wii U version presentation while stating that the Wii U version would feature console trophies, they showed Mewtwo and Mega Mewtwo. Which makes just as much sense as Isaac being a Wii U-specific AT. =(
Nah Isaac being Wii U exclusive AT still does not make sense. The Wii U version has a larger collection of trophies so it is simply possible that they added it for that reason. Plus now there is Mewtwo coming to the game so that is not much of a surprise. It does not make as much sense in the sense of Isaac since he is just moving a hand. That is about it. Plus he is the signature hero of Golden Sun who has had no games at all on console so far. Not even a spinoff unlike Pokemon.

I will still stick to my guns and say that Isaac is in the game as playable. Whether to be added later as DLC or just a super secret character on the Wii U version, yet to be revealed.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Why the rooster still look mess up?? In brawl and melee were so perfect organized but here even we add metwo, still kinda mess up or still mess up. and is MESS UP IN THE WII U VERSION TOO, WHAT DOES ITS MEAN GUYS?! There something fishy here. And im wating is someone Unlock all assist trophy or someone check All trophy in the assist trophy area, that we need to focus.

I think in November 21. Were gona know more of Isaac true fate. (Gamexplain have a copy too and there posting videos like there no tomorrow for anything smash 4 related so prepare yourself, there no leaker here, there gamer playing the Real full game out there.)

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I'm kinda surprised they didn't move the track to Gaur Plain.

Not exactly great to see, but I suppose if regular trophies didn't deconfirm characters for dlc then this isn't unsurmountable either.

You know, we shouldn't get carried away here.....one of my more stronger beliefs was that there wouldn't be Golden Sun content exclusive to the console version. It just seemed absurd, yet here we are.

Sad to say, Isaac being an unlockable assist trophy exclusive to the Wii U is a real possibility now.
I'm surprised it wasn't moved to Colusieum. That stage has track from Glory of Heracles and Soma Bringer, so it 's kind of the JRPG sound track stage already.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm surprised it wasn't moved to Colusieum. That stage has track from Glory of Heracles and Soma Bringer, so it 's kind of the JRPG sound track stage already.
It probably wasn't moved because the same stage it was on was brought back, so it was just left the same as in Brawl. They could've moved it, but didn't see much of a point without a GS stage to put it on. If a GS stage is added as DLC I'd bet it'd be added to the GS stage as well (not removed from Norfair, though).

Nah Isaac being Wii U exclusive AT still does not make sense. The Wii U version has a larger collection of trophies so it is simply possible that they added it for that reason. Plus now there is Mewtwo coming to the game so that is not much of a surprise. It does not make as much sense in the sense of Isaac since he is just moving a hand. That is about it. Plus he is the signature hero of Golden Sun who has had no games at all on console so far. Not even a spinoff unlike Pokemon.

I will still stick to my guns and say that Isaac is in the game as playable. Whether to be added later as DLC or just a super secret character on the Wii U version, yet to be revealed.
I could see Isaac maybe being a Wii U exclusive trophy or something, since he WAS in Brawl. But if he was an AT, he'd be in both versions, simple as that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Zero Suit Isaac sounds legit
This might be one of the most horrifying concepts, or one of the greatest ideas possible.

Anyway, I do see a regular Isaac trophy on the Wii U version, with maybe a hint at playability as a DLC character. Remember... trophies don't discredit people from playability, so I still have hope for Medusa, Rayman, and
Mecha-Fiora

Last edited by a moderator:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
This might be one of the most horrifying concepts, or one of the greatest ideas possible.

Anyway, I do see a regular Isaac trophy on the Wii U version, with maybe a hint at playability as a DLC character. Remember... trophies don't discredit people from playability, so I still have hope for Medusa, Rayman, and Mecha-Fiora.
You might want to hide the last part at the end. Many people don't like spoilers.

But yea, more characters is always a good thing. Just Isaac first :)

D

Deleted member

You might want to hide the last part at the end. Many people don't like spoilers.

But yea, more characters is always a good thing. Just Isaac first :)
Whoops. Fixed it. Not everybody wants to know that one of the top contenders had some... adjustments.

Well, Isaac will always be first in my list. Though I still find ZSI to be a funny concept.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Well, Isaac will always be first in my list. Though I still find ZSI to be a funny concept.
Yea! I'd rather get Ninja Isaac :p

Edit: Or some other interesting armour/clothing. Festival Coat sounds interesting. The one you get in Izumo.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Were they found on the Wii U as well, because I wasn't talking about the 3DS.

Though the roster does shrink on that as well.
Any DLC character added to the 3DS version will be added to the Wii U version for character disparity and vice versa.

Thus the DLC arrows found on the 3DS version hold significance for Wii U characters as well. Plus if anything, if they are absent on the Wii U version, then that means there might be bonus characters on the Wii U version which were not initially in the 3DS version due to time constraints, promotion or both.

Dizzy_Fool

Smash Apprentice
Any DLC character added to the 3DS version will be added to the Wii U version for character disparity and vice versa.

Thus the DLC arrows found on the 3DS version hold significance for Wii U characters as well.
Well yeah. But the Wii U CSS might not need the arrows because it's a much much larger screen.

Plus if anything, if they are absent on the Wii U version, then that means there might be bonus characters on the Wii U version which were not initially in the 3DS version due to time constraints, promotion or both.
Or that even with DLC on the Wii U they can just shrink the icons without resorting to using another page.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Here's a thought. Why aren't they allowed to stream the game? (Unless they are and I am unaware of it) That came up because if Isaac (or whoever else) is in there as a secret character, the stream would accidentally show off the character. Like someone unlocked all the characters from the 3DS version, then as they finish a match, a Challenger Approaches. That would freak out a lot of people. But hey, that's just a thought...A GAME...no. lol

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Here's a thought. Why aren't they allowed to stream the game?
As far as I know, the embargo covers all unlocked content. Music, stages, new ATs... So it may not be because of characters (and if there is a new character in the review copies, I'm pretty sure it will be leaked).

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
So, the lost Age song is back on Norfair. So they didn't cut all Golden Sun content from the game.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Well now that I know what's going on, it DOES worry me that Golden Sun music is used for Norfair.

I mean, Hyrule Temple was back in Brawl, yet as far as I know, the Fire Emblem theme was moved to Castle Siege, right?
Frankly, yeah, I'm worried. I'm also worried that Ninteno/Sora won't think it's worth going out of their way to make characters for franchises that aren't in the scope of the majority of gamers. :urg:

I hate being pessimistic, but I'm really hoping that Golden Sun logo leak is true.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So guys, found this on another forum (apparently from 4chan), take with a grain of salt:

Nintendo sent out a few hundred copies of Smash for Wii U to Canadians and Youtube people.

I happen to be one of those people, and there is a pseudo-embargo on some of the information (Nintendo includes this letter and tells people to remove it).

I've unlocked all of the characters, all stages, all assist trophies, and a few hundred trophies so far. Ask away.

Duck Hunt, Pac-Land, Smashville, Pokemon Stadium 2, and Congo Jungle were revealed already. The last unlockable stages are Flat Zone 3, Stack-Up, Silver Stream, and Fountain of Dreams.

No new characters besides the 48 (51 if you count Miis), I already detailed the stages. "New" assist trophies that haven't been revealed yet are Helirin, Jill, Isaac, Smicks, Primid, and Mallow.
I'm open to the prospect of him being an AT exclusive to Wii U, but it still doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Nothing he does can't be done on 3DS.

Mallow is probably actually "Mallo" from Pushmo World. No idea who Smicks is. Helirin is a useless AT, and I honestly don't see the point in bringing back Jill without Barbara. Same with Ray, why's he gone?

I have no idea what Silver Stream is.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
So guys, found this on another forum (apparently from 4chan), take with a grain of salt:

I'm open to the prospect of him being an AT exclusive to Wii U, but it still doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Nothing he does can't be done on 3DS.

Mallow is probably actually "Mallo" from Pushmo World. No idea who Smicks is. Helirin is a useless AT, and I honestly don't see the point in bringing back Jill without Barbara. Same with Ray, why's he gone?

I have no idea what Silver Stream is.
If Isaac is an assist again I might flip my ****
I mean come on why not on the 3ds?
He belongs n Handhelds,
But I believe this may be fake due to Stack-up as it would be there when you unlock R.O.B

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
If Isaac is an assist again I might flip my ****
I mean come on why not on the 3ds?
He belongs n Handhelds,
But I believe this may be fake due to Stack-up as it would be there when you unlock R.O.B
Lol, it lasted a matter of hours.

Flat Zone 2 is an unlockable stage in the game.

Top Bottom