• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
However, if Isaac is playable and in the last four (a given, if he's in) but those four are DLC then would they cite Camelot now?
Dunno. I have no idea. I think its more likely that if we have more characters in the current game, Isaac is one of them, and his stage will be Venus Lighthouse. That said, I think the most hyped characters may very well be saved for the Wii U release and made available on 3DS as well.

D

Deleted member

Man, I didn't expect leaking to begin NOW.

But, seeing as how all ATs have been unlocked and Isaac wasn't shown... and there is a missing stage...

Oh... please let it be true!

•Col•

Smash Champion
Man, I didn't expect leaking to begin NOW.

But, seeing as how all ATs have been unlocked and Isaac wasn't shown... and there is a missing stage...

Oh... please let it be true!
Yeah, it is very peculiar that all assist trophies have been unlocked yet we haven't seen Isaac yet.. I am starting to doubt that they would completely remove him from being an assist..

There's hope for Isaac yet. Especially since Little Mac got upgraded from an assist trophy, and they were two really popular choices for Brawl.

Destroyer713

Smash Rookie
Did any of you guys consider that maybe Isaac might just be an AT exclusive to the Wii U version?

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Given that Camelot created Waluigi and the sports games, would the credit be attributed to that?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Did any of you guys consider that maybe Isaac might just be an AT exclusive to the Wii U version?
It's been considered, but that wouldn't make any sense. Why would they make a handheld exclusive character a console-exclusive AT when they have a handheld version they could put it on, possibly make it exclusive on?

(Sorry, that could be better worded, but surely you get my point. xD)

Given that Camelot created Waluigi and the sports games, would the credit be attributed to that?
In other games, Camelot is never credited for Waluigi.

Last edited:

•Col•

Smash Champion
It's possible, but.. Why would they make him an exclusive for the console version rather than the portable version? :p

Not to mention that he's more popular than most of the assist trophies we've seen so far.. Why would they have him be solely exclusive to one version rather than an obscure character?

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yes, and its a completely and totally illogical idea. Isaac would NOT at ALL make sense as a Wii U exclusive AT. Ray might, but Isaac? He's a handheld-exclusive character. What would make sense about him being a Wii U exclusive AT?

Camelot is never credited for Waluigi in other games, we've checked several games already. Why would they be credited for Waluigi here? We've already went over all the variables.

Pcubed007

Smash Rookie
Everyone is talking like the Wii U is completely different, but the roster will be same, that's already been said. I doubt there would be exclusive AT's for the Wii U. Also, how do we know Isaac isn't an AT? Yeah that message popped up but did the streamer go through an in-game list of the AT's after that message popped?

Enigma14

Smash Champion
It's possible, but.. Why would they make him an exclusive for the console version rather than the portable version? :p

Not to mention that he's more popular than most of the assist trophies we've seen so far.. Why would they have him be solely exclusive to one version rather than an obscure character?
Idk, that Waluigi guy is popular among fans but not the devs.

D

Deleted member

I can see Punch Out!! ATs for the Wii U because, you know, Punch Out!! is a console franchise. You know, in the event that I finally get Bald Bull run down opponents and then do this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctufHe47RN8 (1:10).

I cannot see Isaac as an AT for the Wii U since Golden Sun is a portable franchise.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a59rLVW2Dc At 3:30
OMG i just noticed that Camelot is credited under Character Coordination. :joyful:
(At 3:17)
I saw even red corporation entertainment the guy from fossils fighters and yet not sign of a vivosaur of that characters. after those are handle games only and never got into console and there having a third game for the 3DS. BUT, I SAW CAMELOT AS CHARACTER CORDINATION AS THE ORIGINAL OWNERS! They give the credits a least for them. and many more!
I still not found Saki, MK III, and Isaac still M.I.A. and others AT characters too. I alredy found karate joe trophy Too.

Im still washing soo much, Im getting tired...:tired:

Destroyer713

Smash Rookie
Everyone is talking like the Wii U is completely different, but the roster will be same, that's already been said. I doubt there would be exclusive AT's for the Wii U.
I've read somewhere that Sakurai implied at one point ATs might be different between the two versions. Of course, I have no source, so there's no telling if that's true. At the same time, 3DS limitations may have somehow resulted in Isaac not being able to show up as an AT on the 3DS version. Considering Ice Climbers were likely cut for the same reason, it's not completely impossible...

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Gema has one more CSS leak character to unlock - R.O.B.!

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Everyone is talking like the Wii U is completely different, but the roster will be same, that's already been said. I doubt there would be exclusive AT's for the Wii U. Also, how do we know Isaac isn't an AT? Yeah that message popped up but did the streamer go through an in-game list of the AT's after that message popped?
There is no "list" of ATs to go through, but he did sit around checking them all for a while.

Also, Sakurai said in a PotD that the AT lineup would be different on each console.

Need to point out, Camelot being credited means they worked on the game. Camelot being in the copyright statement is a separate issue.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
There is no "list" of ATs to go through, but he did sit around checking them all for a while.

Also, Sakurai said in a PotD that the AT lineup would be different on each console.

Need to point out, Camelot being credited means they worked on the game. Camelot being in the copyright statement is a separate issue.
He said they'd be SLIGHTLY different. That said, its highly doubtful Isaac would be a Wii U exclusive AT.

D

Deleted member

Both Retro Studios (Metroid Prime series, Donkey Kong Country Returns & Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 7) and Monster Games (DKCR 3DS port) are also in there, but you don't see them in the copyright statement for working on the charcters. I know that doesn't make much sense, but I figured I'd point it out. Camelot made Golden Sun, but Isaac and Waluigi are Nintendo characters, since Waluigi never gets Camelot mentioned in the Mario Kart games.

Boy, a LOT of people are here. I'm sure that we've become a popular thread due to the fact that Isaac's chances are getting higher.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Both Retro Studios (Metroid Prime series, Donkey Kong Country Returns & Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 7) and Monster Games (DKCR 3DS port) are also in there, but you don't see them in the copyright statement for working on the charcters. I know that doesn't make much sense, but I figured I'd point it out. Camelot made Golden Sun, but Isaac and Waluigi are Nintendo characters, since Waluigi never gets Camelot mentioned in the Mario Kart games.
Cool catch! Maybe they designed Isaac's moveset or helped out in character design and animations! Or the reveal trailer!

Boy, a LOT of people are here. I'm sure that we've become a popular thread due to the fact that Isaac's chances are getting higher.
Yes! Now whoever is reading this and has yet to play GS, get on it people! :p

Don't worry it is a fun game!

P. S. @ShinyRegice Did you finish your GS playthrough yet?

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
So, no one, especially Gema has unlocked R.O.B. yet? When they do, we'll have to see all stars mode to see if there are still 4 characters left. Oh man!

Edit: Someone has unlocked all the characters. There never were any Final Five/Four. WHAT?!?! NNNNOOOO!!!

Last edited:

Enigma14

Smash Champion
So, no one, especially Gema has unlocked R.O.B. yet? When they do, we'll have to see all stars mode to see if there are still 4 characters left. Oh man!
What.

1. Unlocked character message
2. The lock on all star mode would be gone.
3. See point 1.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Guys, CAMELOT is actually listed under "Supervisors (Original Games)". It could be referring to Waluigi after all. They wouldn't need to be credited for Waluigi himself, but Waluigi might need to be credited due to his AT being based on Mario Tennis specifically.

That said, if we've got a full list of AT's with one or two missing, and Isaac is one of them, it still leads credence to the possibility of Isaac being saved for potential future DLC.

Fex13

Smash Apprentice
i would be so proud to welcome isaac in our beloved smash rooster. he has so many supporters...sakurai, you cant ignore that....you just cant... make us all happy.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
And what just happened?!!! Guess I will have to wait till the Wii U version comes out now... I wonder how Nintendo will hype it up.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
'Tis over guys.

Isaac absent from ATs is mistyfying, perhaps we will see him as DLC one day. For now, the dream is dead. :sadeyes:

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I can feel the quake of rage from all over the internet. It's been fun speculating.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Nah, I'm pretty much convinced DLC (or Wii U exclusive starters with delayed 3DS DLC characters) is happening. I already settled on the belief that this would be the final roster (for now).

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Isaac not being an AT means...

a) He was planned as a character, but cut at some point in development
b) He was planned as DLC from the start
c) He was cut as an AT just because

Here's hoping for DLC everyone!

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I still think Isaac might be in the Wii U version/DLC. No roster is complete without Isaac, atleast for me.

Not giving up!

Or atleast not yet. Just simmering down for a bit.

Otherwise this is more of going out with a "whimper" not a "bang".

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Have we had a stream unlock all characters yet? I don't believe that screenshot.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Nah, I'm pretty much convinced DLC (or Wii U exclusive starters with delayed 3DS DLC characters) is happening. I already settled on the belief that this would be the final roster (for now).
Agreed. Nintendo will take this option to hype up the Wii U version. Soon, we will see some more surprise newcomer trailers, I bet. This reveal after the current disappointment will really push the hype from min to max.

Well atleast now I can hope for Golden Sun Wii U as well as Isaac's trailer being trailer. Camelot has to be working on something after World Tour right?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I can feel the quake of rage from all over the internet. It's been fun speculating.
At least we'll go out with grace. Some of the other groups are erupting in volcanic fury, like I expected.

I can legitimately see DLC as a possibility, because why would Isaac be cut entirely if just because? Besides, are there any Golden Sun trophies in the game at all?

Top Bottom