• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I don't remember Isaac being mentioned any leak as an AT.

Shulk's artwork confirms the CSS, so DHD, Doc and Dark Pit are all happening. I suppose our only hope is that All Star mode was locked.

Turmalinium

Smash Apprentice
I bought Xenoblade Chronicles a few days ago and now they are announcing a 3DS version of the game ...

BSTCloud

Smash Apprentice
The 3DS version looks really bad though, so don't worry too much.

EDIT: Aaaaaand it's over. Zero Golden Sun, guys. And Xenoblade ported to the 3DS makes me feel like Nintendo dug Golden Sun's grave even deeper.

*Sighs*

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Yea but I can see now why Shulk was added. They are porting Xenoblade Chronicles on this *new* 3DS. But it still didn't look that impressive considering the original on Wii had some of the best graphics....

This is all fine but... Isaac better be playable in the game! Plus I just got my Pokemon 3DS XL and now they announce an overclocked version....

Still that was new, announcing a character in a Japanese Direct first.

Still haven't lost hope yet, looking forward to Isaac being revealed as playable in an INTERNATIONAL trailer :p

I am still so pumped up!

Last edited:

Arteen

Smash Lord
It seems the best we can hope for is DLC, but I wouldn't be surprised if we sooner got Dr. Luigi as a character than anyone from Golden Sun.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
It seems the best we can hope for is DLC, but I wouldn't be surprised if we sooner got Dr. Luigi as a character than anyone from Golden Sun.
Hey, don't be glum! This trailer actually got me even more hyped for Isaac. Considering they added Shulk's various Monado powers, I can see Isaac having Djinn set variation! It would be really cool if we could interchange Isaac's stats, as well as elemental powers based on the Djinns we set!

Atleast Sakurai knows how to treat a character with justice. Plus this does not completely prove the leak as the leak footage seemed outdated to what we got! We can still root for Isaac in Smash considering he and Shulk (both Nintendo JRPG blonde heroes) were almost in the same popularity scale before the leak, Isaac even more demanded in many polls actually!

I still think Isaac stands a strong chance to be included in Sm4sh and when he is playable, I can bet his moveset would be incredible and not much different from what we expect it to be in terms of awesomeness!

Our hope still lives to see the light of the Golden Sun, another day!

Turmalinium

Smash Apprentice
So the leak is true? What of it? Isaac has still a chance since there are still some missing characters. Besides there is always the possibility that the leak is not 100% real. I would not be surprised by that because the leaker also fabricated the DLC part of the leak. We have still hope.
Isaac for Smash 4. (I have the feeling i am doing @ LasermasterA LasermasterA s job :p)

EDIT: :4greninja:´d

Last edited:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Mixed feelings this morning to be sure. There's still a slim chance Isaac's in the base game with the leak I suppose, but I'm really just waiting to see if he ends up being an AT. I'm hopeful for DLC but it feels like an AT would kill his chances of appearing even in that capacity.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
That could have been Isaac.

It made me sad the whole time watching that trailer.

e105beta

Smash Journeyman
Well if Nintendo has decided that the best way to bring RPGs to the 3DS is to port Xenoblade rather than continue their longstanding handheld RPG series, I guess Dark Dawn wasn't much of a success.

I don't see Isaac getting remembered by Nintendo. AT it is

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
That could have been Isaac.

It made me sad the whole time watching that trailer.
True it could have been Isaac, BUT there is no point in sadness. True the trailer could have been legendary with Isaac doing Meggido instead of Shulk's slash, but that was not what we got. Still wait and watch!

Well if Nintendo has decided that the best way to bring RPGs to the 3DS is to port Xenoblade rather than continue their longstanding handheld RPG series, I guess Dark Dawn wasn't much of a success.

I don't see Isaac getting remembered by Nintendo. AT it is
Well the first 2 games were released on VC. But I just hope Nintendo does not see that as the only way to keep its RPGs going since Dark Dawn was still not a failure. Plus there is always DLC.

So the leak is true? What of it? Isaac has still a chance since there are still some missing characters. Besides there is always the possibility that the leak is not 100% real. I would not be surprised by that because the leaker also fabricated the DLC part of the leak. We have still hope.
Isaac for Smash 4. (I have the feeling i am doing @ LasermasterA LasermasterA s job :p)

EDIT: :4greninja:´d
Yes, yes you did.

By the way guys, did any of you see some of the demo matches of Smash? There is this guy telling me on Nintendo Life that he saw Isaac as an AT in a demo match but was unable to give me a link, any citation or any proof of it.

Nintendo should recognize GS! It came before Xenoblade! And was more popular!

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
True it could have been Isaac, BUT there is no point in sadness. True the trailer could have been legendary with Isaac doing Meggido instead of Shulk's slash, but that was not what we got. Still wait and watch!

Well the first 2 games were released on VC. But I just hope Nintendo does not see that as the only way to keep its RPGs going since Dark Dawn was still not a failure. Plus there is always DLC.

Yes, yes you did.

By the way guys, did any of you see some of the demo matches of Smash? There is this guy telling me on Nintendo Life that he saw Isaac as an AT in a demo match but was unable to give me a link, any citation or any proof of it.

Nintendo should recognize GS! It came before Xenoblade! And was more popular!
I heard one person a while back say Isaac was deconfirmed, but no proof was ever provided, so I think it was just a troll.

I was right, though. I figured "yeah, that's the best way to do it, announce a game coming out on a handheld and a character along with it." Didn't ****ing expect it to be a remake of Xenoblade on a handheld. Well, damn...

e105beta

Smash Journeyman
I heard one person a while back say Isaac was deconfirmed, but no proof was ever provided, so I think it was just a troll.

I was right, though. I figured "yeah, that's the best way to do it, announce a game coming out on a handheld and a character along with it." Didn't ****ing expect it to be a remake of Xenoblade on a handheld. Well, damn...
I guess this is part of growing up. My childhood favorite RPG gets tossed to the wayside if favor of the newest "cult hit"

I feel like Woody right now when Buzz showed up. Everyone else is so happy, and I'm just bummed.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I guess this is part of growing up. My childhood favorite RPG gets tossed to the wayside if favor of the newest "cult hit"

I feel like Woody right now when Buzz showed up. Everyone else is so happy, and I'm just bummed.
Heck Golden Sun is still my favourite RPG and Nintendo continuously avoiding Golden Sun is starting to get annoying. Xenoblade is a hit but not nearly as big as Golden Sun was, it is just part of a age where social media has become much more prevalent for the minority to sound like they are the majority whereas many of the GS fans have become quiet or many have just given up, unlike us!

Golden Sun sold much more, Golden Sun was more popular and it was one of the BEST games on GBA but Nintendo has overlooked it so far. I just hope they have realized the sentiments of Golden Sun fans and realize its remaining potential and give us a new game in the series.

Plus give us Isaac as playable in Sm4sh! Hope has not died yet!

Yea that guy was probably a troll, same here.

Our predictions kind of proved right for Xenoblade which is really ironic. Still waiting for Golden Sun 3DS or even better, Golden Sun U!

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I want to keep supporting, I really do, but with Shulk being revealed, are they really going to add him now?

My opinion...

I'm sick of worrying about it, I have other characters I need to focus on, so...

Bye, Isaac, I'm not looking forward to your stupid Assist Trophy, I don't need you, you're no fun, in fact that's what you get for what you did to Menardi!

Not saying I don't still support him, but today's character reveal did make me for the first time doubt whether or not he's going to be in.

At least I got Lucina and Ike. :4lucina::4myfriends:

I believe this is the part where I turn Alex, I admit I never really needed Isaac since the Fire Emblem reveals, now I shall focus on obtaining the Triforce of Power with my main character, Ganondorf.

Its been fun, Isaac, hopefully you do make it in, but as I said that Shulk reveal really made me doubt it will happen.

Last edited:

Arteen

Smash Lord
Golden Sun just didn't capture Sakurai's attention. An assist trophy is the best we'll get. Hopefully we'll see him soon so he at least gets a tiny bit of fanfare.

With no new game on the horizon, there isn't much of a reason to add him as a fighter. What can you do with an Isaac amiibo anyway?

e105beta

Smash Journeyman
Golden Sun just didn't capture Sakurai's attention. An assist trophy is the best we'll get. Hopefully we'll see him soon so he at least gets a tiny bit of fanfare.

With no new game on the horizon, there isn't much of a reason to add him as a fighter. What can you do with an Isaac amiibo anyway?
Well, what can you do with a Duck Hu-

Oh no.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Well, what can you do with a Duck Hu-

Oh no.
Duck Hunt kinda kills that argument...

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I want to keep supporting, I really do, but with Shulk being revealed, are they really going to add him now?

My opinion...

I'm sick of worrying about it, I have other characters I need to focus on, so...

Bye, Isaac, I'm not looking forward to your stupid Assist Trophy, I don't need you, you're no fun, in fact that's what you get for what you did to Menardi!

Not saying I don't still support him, but today's character reveal did make me for the first time doubt whether or not he's going to be in.

At least I got Lucina and Ike. :4lucina::4myfriends:

I believe this is the part where I turn Alex, I admit I never really needed Isaac since the Fire Emblem reveals, now I shall focus on obtaining the Triforce of Power with my main character, Ganondorf.

Its been fun, Isaac, hopefully you do make it in, but as I said that Shulk reveal really made me doubt it will happen.
Hey you really don't need to pick on Isaac. It is like a miffed fan who turns a hater when his fan wishes don't get fulfilled.

Isaac still has a chance, they can't just abandon a iconic series like this. Plus Nintendo has been recently listening to fans a bit more so I still think he will make it!

No no no! Isaac is too noteworthy a character to not get Sakurai's attention. He must have a really lame-ass reason to not include him. Which I doubt is likely. Thus I think Isaac can still get in the game as playable!

I will use my Isaac amiibo to cast Move all over the place :p Come on that was the only amiibo I was planning on buying, don't get hopeless now!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Damnit, Sakurai. If Isaac is still an Assist Trophy JUST ****ING SHOW HIM ALREADY!!!

We've now got yet more AT's, and still nothing about Isaac. I don't know whether to think that's good (Isaac is playable or saved for DLC) or bad (Sakurai didn't pay attention to Golden Sun and doesn't feel the need to show Isaac).

I... highly doubt the latter, though, that's why I still think Isaac has an excellent chance of being one of the remaining characters we don't yet know about. I mean, nothing has changed. We already knew Shulk was in, we just didn't know when he'd be announced. I honestly didn't expect GS4 to be announced so soon, either, because GS4 has likely barely started development. The best we could've gotten was a teaser trailer.

Ironically, it does seem that Sakurai doesn't think Shulk is that hype worthy. That's why he hyped Shulk only to the Japanese fanbase.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Damnit, Sakurai. If Isaac is still an Assist Trophy JUST ****ING SHOW HIM ALREADY!!!

We've now got yet more AT's, and still nothing about Isaac. I don't know whether to think that's good (Isaac is playable or saved for DLC) or bad (Sakurai didn't pay attention to Golden Sun and doesn't feel the need to show Isaac).

I... highly doubt the latter, though, that's why I still think Isaac has an excellent chance of being one of the remaining characters we don't yet know about. I mean, nothing has changed. We already knew Shulk was in, we just didn't know when he'd be announced. I honestly didn't expect GS4 to be announced so soon, either, because GS4 has likely barely started development. The best we could've gotten was a teaser trailer.

Ironically, it does seem that Sakurai doesn't think Shulk is that hype worthy. That's why he hyped Shulk only to the Japanese fanbase.
Yea that is what I said as well. It was funnily ironic that we thought Isaac had the highest chance in this Direct but we get Shulk who is a hero of a Wii game. Plus Xenoblade for 3DS. But it was announced in an only Japan reveal and then his English trailer is just uploaded like that.

Sakurai must have paid atleast some attention to Isaac! He is just not a character that one can gloss over, especially looking at the "move" (pun intended) he used as an AT! The lack of the news at all is weird and atleast let's us maintain some hype for him.

Don't disappoint me Nintendo! Even if Sakurai wants to look over Isaac, you should have included him in Smash 4 as playable!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yea that is what I said as well. It was funnily ironic that we thought Isaac had the highest chance in this Direct but we get Shulk who is a hero of a Wii game. Plus Xenoblade for 3DS. But it was announced in an only Japan reveal and then his English trailer is just uploaded like that.

Sakurai must have paid atleast some attention to Isaac! He is just not a character that one can gloss over, especially looking at the "move" (pun intended) he used as an AT! The lack of the news at all is weird and atleast let's us maintain some hype for him.

Don't disappoint me Nintendo! Even if Sakurai wants to look over Isaac, you should have included him in Smash 4 as playable!
I'm still optimistic for Isaac, Isaac's AT is still absent for some reason. I swear, if Isaac still survives past this next set of deconfirmations... (They're showing off a near-final build of the game this weekend, which probably means more AT's.)

Gotann

Smash Apprentice
I hate to be "that guy" but VGChartz is garbage, dude literally makes up the numbers to fill his web.
It's cool. Thanks for the heads up.
Well this is an Isaac support thread, so normally you would still see some light on Dark Dawn even if it's been critically acclaimed as bad.
Well if you're implying that the people here are liars, then sure I guess, haha just kidding :p
But seriously, I can't really add anymore to this because I haven't played Dark Dawn. But I will trust the words of the users here who say they have played it.

I really don't think this is going to matter to Sakurai anyways, just seeing that the series had an extra game is enough.
Besides wasn't one of the big reason why Dark Dawn was not as well received because it was a lot easier to appeal more to casual players? I'm sure Sakurai can kinda relate to that with Brawl. :laugh:

Anyways, to answer your question again further, I do think it would had helped Isaac a lot more if Dark Dawn was liked as much as its prequels. But I still think it helps nonetheless.
For the stage list, I'm 100% positive it is NOT the full list of stages. I think we've got at least 6 more stages we don't know about, which includes a new DK and Metroid stage. If F-Zero and Mother can get new stages, there is no way DK and Metroid will not get a new stage, either. Probably even Star Fox, as well.

As far as Isaac is concerned... I personally think things look good for Isaac still, and I frankly think Ridley is still in as well. And yes, I do fully believe the leaked footage is from an outdated build.
I really really hope so, because I find this stage roster is ridiculous... :/

Shulk looks pretty good. Far better than what was shown in the leak footage, from what I can tell. Maybe it was just the bad quality or the fact it was on the 3DS though.
The only thing that bugs me and that I find concerning is that quote from Sakurai's Miiverse Post:
"He's not the type of character that would usually appear in the Smash Bros. series". Why would he say that...? Shulk's inclusion does not seem out of the ordinary to me. Whatever it means I hope it's not anything bad for Isaac...

It's good that a lot of you are keeping your expectations low though. Anything is possible, especially with Sakurai. And if good things happen you'll be even more surprised and excited.
I'm cautious about this as well. But I won't ignore all the good things that Isaac has going for him.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
He's probably going to be shown post release and be kept as an unlockable AT.
This sounds very likely, I think this is exactly what will happen. :ohwell:

I'm afraid I got some bad news, Isaac will still be a Assist Trophy!!!

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
I'm not sure why people are worrying about Xenoblade Chronicles 3DS spelling the death of Golden Sun or something like that: it's just a port, not a brand new game like GS4 would have to be. Now, if Camelot's next game ends up being another Mario Tennis or Golf, then maybe that would merit some concern...

e105beta

Smash Journeyman
In the immortal words of Lyude:

"I'll stand by my beliefs til the end!"

Until I see Isaac as an AT, or I've seen all the Wii U characters confirmed, I'll assume Isaac is a character being held back for the Wii U for hyping purposes, to be released as DLC later. It make be foolish, and it may be folly, but Isaac is my most wanted character, dammit!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
People seem so confident that Isaac is just casually going to be an unlockable AT again, even though there's no reason to suggest he'd remain an unlockable if he was still an AT.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Shulk looks pretty good. Far better than what was shown in the leak footage, from what I can tell. Maybe it was just the bad quality or the fact it was on the 3DS though.
The only thing that bugs me and that I find concerning is that quote from Sakurai's Miiverse Post:
"He's not the type of character that would usually appear in the Smash Bros. series". Why would he say that...? Shulk's inclusion does not seem out of the ordinary to me. Whatever it means I hope it's not anything bad for Isaac...

It's good that a lot of you are keeping your expectations low though. Anything is possible, especially with Sakurai. And if good things happen you'll be even more surprised and excited.
I'm cautious about this as well. But I won't ignore all the good things that Isaac has going for him.
Huh? He said that in a Miiverse post? I don't see anything odd with Shulk. Is promoting a Nintendo JRPG bad or something for him? I don't see much difference between Shulk and a Fire Emblem character, not in play style, but in the type of character he is.

But seriously, guys don't give up! As @ Xenigma Xenigma , and @ JaidynReiman JaidynReiman said, this reveal does not spell anything bad for Isaac. Sure he is still unconfirmed and no news of him has still not been revealed, I still see his inclusion as likely. The most powerful AT has not been revealed and he is one of the most wanted characters, some times he also got a higher ranking than Little Mac and he used to be more popular than Shulk pre-Gematsu!

In the immortal words of Lyude:

"I'll stand by my beliefs til the end!"

Until I see Isaac as an AT, or I've seen all the Wii U characters confirmed, I'll assume Isaac is a character being held back for the Wii U for hyping purposes, to be released as DLC later. It make be foolish, and it may be folly, but Isaac is my most wanted character, dammit!
I am there with you all the way. I refuse to accept any bad rumours or people giving up hope regarding Isaac! I still believe that Isaac is playable and will be playable in Smash!

People seem so confident that Isaac is just casually going to be an unlockable AT again, even though there's no reason to suggest he'd remain an unlockable if he was still an AT.
I know right. Why is everyone down for no reason?

Believe!!! I feel that every post of mine is trying to encourage people not to give up!

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
No, he didn't. Someone trying to piggy back on the leak said that.

In fact, I think that particular person also got Shulk's Final Smash wrong, so Isaac's fate is still up in the air.

Last edited:

Arteen

Smash Lord
Duck Hunt kinda kills that argument...
They could easily tie him into the next NES Remix, or use him in other places. He's a classic, recognizable NES character and Nintendo loves those. I'll be very surprised if we don't see anything new out of Duck Hunt in the next year.

Isaac doesn't have the same draw. He hasn't even gotten a single cameo outside of Brawl, even though he easily could've shown up in one of Camelot's sports games. I'd have loved to golf as Isaac in World Tour.

Burigu

Smash Ace
If I have learned something being in the boards is that being overoptimistic is never a good thing you join a thread with a bunch of people that like what you like, they all make you feel like the character all you love stand a realistic chance. Then when the deconfirmation happens everybody goes to utterly dissapoinment and can't believe how Sakurai skipped in such a great addition.

I am not saying Isaac is out but staying overoptimistic at this point might leak to horrible dissapoinment, I have never been in this thread but I love Golden Sun and finished Dark Dawn for the 3rd time last week, I am not sure why everybody look at Shulk as if he is Isaac's rival. What really hurt Isaac is the saturation of swordfighters we already have.

That said I understand why Shulk is here and I approve his inclusion as said before I never understood why both characters are seen as "slot rivals" both franchises have merits. I hope this doesn't turn into a hate fest like the Chrom thread.

Isaac is not out yet but the future isn't looking bright

Last edited:

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Until Isaac gets deconfirmed, I'm going to believe he is going to be in and if he eventually gets deconfirmed (which I hope not), I will be dissapointed, but I've felt this dissapointment once with Brawl, so it won't be as hard to swallow as it was in SSBB era.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I am not sure why everybody look at Shulk as if he is Isaac's rival. What really hurt Isaac is the saturation of swordfighters we already have.

Isaac is not out yet but the future isn't looking bright
Well, before today, I didn't see it either.
But if what they're saying is true, and Shulk indeed changes stats with one of his specials... Then I'm afraid I have to lower my expectations for Isaac considerably... That was a thing, in Golden Sun. Even if it's not the most popular gimmick to have, I always thought that'd be it. Changing stats when different elemental Djinnis are used.
Shulk took that for himself, now almost all hope is lost... Unless it's that rare ocassion where two unrelated Newcomers share a gimmick?

But to end the post in a less negative tone...
I'm loving how some Final Smashes include other characters.
Pit had Palutena in Brawl, Robin has Chrom, Shulk has that other character from Xenoblade...
I think Isaac instead of Judgement should call on his adept partners. :) If not to complete the GBA 8s, at least Garet, Ivan, and Mia, getting together to blow the opponent to smithereens.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Little Mac is the ground-focused newcomer.

Palutena has all those unique specials.

Robin uses a combination of swords and elemental magic.

Shulk has the midmatch stat changes.

I'd hate to think that Isaac was considered redundant...

Top Bottom