• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is there any place where I can buy NEW Hori Mini Pads?

Nannose

Smash Rookie
All I can find are used ones on Ebay and Amazon, and I'm hesitant to trust their quality.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Ebay. Unless ****ing karajan ****ing bought up every one in existence in a direct ****ing attempt to prevent his fellow players from obtaining them at a semi-reasonable price.

But before he started doing that, I used to be able to find a new, in-box one every once in a while if I looked around. I bet you still could. Back in the day the price was usually $120-$140, but I got mine for $100 each by being patient and ebay-sniping

JosephZander

Smash Cadet
Are they that good that you're will to spend that much on them? I've been debating buying a used one but it's so much money for a controller.

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
But before he started doing that, I used to be able to find a new, in-box one every once in a while if I looked around. I bet you still could. Back in the day the price was usually $120-$140, but I got mine for $100 each by being patient and ebay-sniping

The in-box one is not worth it. They most likely are not brand new anyways.

Shears

Smash Master
i can carry my wmas with me anywhere i go and listen to them with ease so...
I use a Hori, I just think the stick is more comfortable.
Its not about convenience its about quality. You can buy Cooks or Dom Perignon. One is cheap, convenient, and gets the job done. The other is vintage, exclusive, and makes you a badass.

10classicchars

Skrlx

Smash Champion
I like the Hori for the stick, but I dislike everything else. I like the OG controller for everything but the stick.

Someone make some magic happen and combine the two.

stylisland

Smash Apprentice
I don't know man the rubber around the plastic is really quality rubber. I use to have a callus from the original n64 controllers and now my thumb is really smooth. I think that says something about quality.

Battlecow

Play to Win
The in-box one is not worth it. They most likely are not brand new anyways.
I've only had experience with a couple of them, but they seemed brand new. IDK I know what you mean they're not sealed that well but it seems like it would be pretty difficult to simulate the way the cord is wrapped with the specific little thingy and attached to the back and the way the tape goes on.

JosephZander

Smash Cadet
I like the Hori for the stick, but I dislike everything else. I like the OG controller for everything but the stick.
This is the only reason I'm considering buying one. Is a somewhat better stick really worth 70 bucks though?
Guess there's only one way to find out.

Chaostatic

Smash Apprentice
Don't let money be a factor. If you think that the Hori pad will make you THAT much better, then the $50 price difference shouldn't really matter.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Yeah my hori's 2 years old and goin strong, honestly prolly a better choice financially than buying good non-greased n64 controllers

kyletree

Smash Cadet
+1 for the hori. It's so much easier to DI, which is worth the price alone

Top Bottom