• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is there a way to counter "sweaty palm syndrome" in Brawl?

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
When I play Brawl or Melee, and the match is good, my palms often beging to sweat like crazy, and sometimes my fingers too. Often when this occurs, I try to do a quick wipe of my hands on my jeans to dry them when I have the chance, but the controller remains sweaty. Is there ANY way at all, no matter how small to counter this before it starts because <john>it really screws up my playing.</john>

Mith_

Smash Champion
Wasn't there an offbrand controller that had fans in the grips?

I might be thinking of playstation, but it was supposed to keep your palms from getting sweaty while playing.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What would anti-perspiration do to hands?

kr3wman

Smash Master
Wasn't there an offbrand controller that had fans in the grips?

I might be thinking of playstation, but it was supposed to keep your palms from getting sweaty while playing.
I think I saw one somewhere for the GC.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Don't get hit.

Or get leather gloves, your grip on your controller won't be affected (too much) and it elliminates the sweet problem.

IDK

Smash Lord
lol sweatpants+brawl=roflcoptersflyingovermyheadwhileieattoastatnight.
the answer is marth's downb. not lucario's tho. his counter is poo and sometimes causes SD. :/ myeh.

Uffe

Smash Hero
My response to your problem is rubbing chalk on your palms before playing the game. This will let your hands stay dry. It should, anyway.

cjrocker

Smash Ace
Ah, I have this problem. I tried using gloves, but my fingers would slip just as often. I tried chalk, but that was more effort than it was worth. Still haven't found anything.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I have this problem too, however I havn't found a good solution. I just got used to it eventually, and it's a habit for me to wipe my hands on my jeans whenever I get a chance.

You could try wearing gloves or applying something like baby powder on your hands. Maybe sand would help? (if you have kitty litter it most likely works good)

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Get gloves.
I have fingerless black ones. =P
I used them a lot back when I mained Marth in Melee.

Top Bottom