• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is That Tournament: December 10th, 2011

Gaara♥

Smash Master
There are PLENTY of good places to eat in the immediate area of the tournament and even more places just a few blocks away.

Zoap: I was NOT knocking pokemon

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
more changes

first, i want to reiterate the time constraints. we have to be out by 7:00, so we need to start the events earlier:

• doubles will now START at 12:00 pm (remember that doors open at 11). if you are not present, we will start without you; however, you can call someone to have your team placed in the bracket for $5 EXTRA. call, don't post that you are going to be late in here. my number is in the tourney info section.
  • singles will now START at 3:00. same deal as above. call if you are going to be late and we will place you in the bracket. $2.50 EXTRA for singles. the beginning of singles may overlap with the end of doubles

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
low 30's, high 20's

edit: in terms of entrants. there are always a handful of people who play but don't enter. our biggest one had over 50 entrants iirc, and another had in the low 40's. not entirely sure what to expect tbh

not sure about this particular event at least. in general people seem hyped thanks to genesis so think attendance will be strong over the next few tournies, though i could see people taking a break for this particular one

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
So is this still at the Superstars Game Center? And do you guys need any set ups? I've got a cube, a power strip, and an extension cord I could bring. No tv though because mine is crap.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
Singles:

1: Short Amateur Black Teen (Dajuan)
2: SFAT ($24.00)
3: Phil ($12.00)
4: Based God (HMW)
5: Scar
5: Darrell
7: Kreayshawn (Alan)
7: HydroKirby
9: Chris
9: L
9: Foonz
9: PewPewU
13: Alec
13: $heen's Ganon
13: Myl
13: Andy
17: Battle Penguin
17: The Manifold
17: Jon
17: Dylan
17: Commander Cool
17: commonyoshi
17: Aaron
17: Christian

Doubles:

1: Men in White (SFAT/Shroomed)
2: TopGun (Scar/Phil)
3: Sheridan/Darrell (Sheridan/Darrell)
4: LilB Kreayshawn (Alan/HMW)
5: Chinatown (PewPewU/L)
5: Andy/Chris (Andy/Chris)
7: Mycon (Connor/Myo)
7: Foonz/BattlePenguin ()
9: Prestige Worldwide (Christian/Jon)

will upload brackets later. also, going to upload brackets from previous itt's. most likely on all is brawl, but possibly in a thread in the tourney results section on swf as well. thanks for coming

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Nice playing/meeting a whole lot of you and thanks to the people who made the tournament possible.

Two things I learned from this tournament: 1. How to upsmash out of shield. 2. Magic cards are expensive.

:)

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
-- not sure when the next one will be. haven't talked to the store yet, but i'll be out of town the weekend of the 13th. hopefully the 20th

-- we should get a group to go down to one of the road to apex tournies in socal

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
I've been asking around if anyone wanted to go to the one on the 24th.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
We need a driver, Boback (who is damn near part socal anyways) is busy that weekend.

Im thinking sheridan because he might be helping them run it. However i'd kill if peter went and took everyone in the tank. A boy can dream I guess....

Top Bottom