• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is ssb4 balanced?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smashboy12

Smash Cadet
Can someone please tell me if SSB4 is balanced, and if so, can I get a quote from someone saying that its balanced? Please? :(

Insolitus

Smash Rookie
The game just came out in Japan, it's going to take at least a few months to find out if it's balanced or not.

BlurB

Smash Apprentice
Still extremely early, and it will probably take even longer to find out because of the almost infinite combinations of characters and their special moves.

That said, I have seen some pretty high level play with lots of characters and I think its going to be great as a competitive game. I'm so stoked. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJesTn3HfdA

WwwWario

Smash Ace
Still extremely early, and it will probably take even longer to find out because of the almost infinite combinations of characters and their special moves.

That said, I have seen some pretty high level play with lots of characters and I think its going to be great as a competitive game. I'm so stoked. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJesTn3HfdA
Wow, finally! Seing really talented people truly shows how much competitive potential this game has! :D

Kalierdarke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kalierdarke
as it is now, people are finding it more balanced than the previous games have been upon initial observation. We will not know if it is truly balanced for several months though. Heck, I'd give it a year before we can definitively say one way or another, if for no other reason than custom moves making it a little harder to truly weigh how good every character matches up.

Last edited:

KaZe_DaRKWIND

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5043-2124-2144
"It is balanced."
On a more serious note it is way too early to tell. ZSS, Sonic, and Bowser seem to be the ones who stand out ATM. But the good news is that almost all characters seem good. We'll have to wait until there are tournaments and people start to exploit certain things. DHD looks like a character where a player who has a lot of practice with him could be OP, but who knows?

Prism

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jesset202
3DS FC
0576-5008-6643
To answer your question, the game's currently balanced. Whether or not it will stay balanced as the game evolves, no one knows. It seems to me like it will be an extremely balanced game, but I have no idea.

Kalierdarke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kalierdarke
"It is balanced."
On a more serious note it is way too early to tell. ZSS, Sonic, and Bowser seem to be the ones who stand out ATM. But the good news is that almost all characters seem good. We'll have to wait until there are tournaments and people start to exploit certain things. DHD looks like a character where a player who has a lot of practice with him could be OP, but who knows?
Don't forget we have Ness winning a tournament and placing second in another.

pikafire

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2509-2906-9493
"Super Smash Bros 3DS is my favorite game ever, and it is balanced. Win win." - Morgan Freeman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom