• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 Is smash for wii-u/3ds the final titles for the games?

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
Will they announce a title for the new smash brothers game? Or is Smash for wii-u/3ds the final titles?

What do you think and what could they name it?

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
I think they are. If I am right, didn't Sakurai say last year that these are the final names. I'm pretty sure he said something like that.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
As simple as it sounds, I feel like the names are final. Doubt they're going to give the Wii U and 3DS versions a different title for each game (ex: Super Smash Bros Rumble [Wii U] and something else for 3DS). Even if they gave them the same name, they'll still add Wii U/3DS at the end of it to differentiate the games, so eh.

If they were going to announce a new title for the games, I feel like they would've done so in the Smash Direct versus waiting until E3. At this point, a new title wouldn't bring much hype compared to going from a release window to now getting an official release date.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I'll bet these are the final titles. I'm happy with them, because I like the pun.

Priap0s

Smash Journeyman
Was that really intentional though? Or is it just a neat coincidence?
No idea. It's not like its something genious, its a very simple pun/word play that 4(sry, lame) sure has been done many times before!

But then we got Sakurai saying he consideres the games different enough that he sees them as number 4 and 5 in the series. So that kinda points towards it not being intentional. Is the japanese names the same or is it in japanese there? If its in japanese I guess the pun would be lost in translation too? :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom