• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Sheik Luigi Worst matchup?

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
wow I have NO idea how to play a good Luigi, so I got ***** pretty badly by ROFL's the other day :X

edit: lol @ Doc v Sheik being one-sided

D

Deleted member

sheik is really broken vs low tiers yeah.

falco ***** her pretty bad, and to a lesser extent fox and ICs.

But yeah luigi hates her.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
sheik is really broken vs low tiers yeah.

falco ***** her pretty bad, and to a lesser extent fox and ICs.

But yeah luigi hates her.
Sheik is so broken that even though she originally made half the cast low tier because she can CG them all, she doesn't even need it now.

Dragmire

Smash Lord
Marth is probably harder than Shiek becauase his sword can like cancel any approach you conjure, but Shiek is definately a hard match.
My friend just started shiek and I play with Luigi to challenge myself. Shiek is faster, and after he gets a combo going I need to struggle to get out. Mindgames are always good though.

actually luigi has quite the easy time with marth only because marth is just to slow.
and as for sheik he just has to avoid as many attacks as possible and counter attack victory is possible

orintemple

Smash Lord
actually luigi has quite the easy time with marth only because marth is just to slow.
and as for sheik he just has to avoid as many attacks as possible and counter attack victory is possible
Wait.. Marth is slow? When did this happen. Last time I checked Fair spam approaching was a pretty quick and effective way to get anywhere and Luigi doesn't exactly have the camping abilities to keep Marth at bay.

But for the 5 millionth time.. Shiek > Luigi.

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
Luigi is the same speed as marth or slower when in the air. His ground game is insane, though. I played Vist's luigi twice in tournament/MM over the past semester (lost both times lol) using sheik in the MM and marth in tournament. His luigi is insane vs sheik (my sheik isn't that amazing either tho); no one in tournament beat him with sheik (I saw him lose to Eggm's falco and I believe Chillin's marth won at least a game). I came closest with marth resulting in a close last stock game. Marth is my main. I also tried falco in tournament, but that didn't work too well since I'm not Eggm :p Bottom line is the match-up changes depending on who you play, and I'd say most good luigis have performed special training against sheiks, kind of like marth players try to get lots of sheik practice. Knowing the opponent's likely counterpick and nullifying its effect is a huge aspect of winning (consistently) in tournaments.

mrb1tch3s

Smash Ace
Boo^ Sheik Sucks...With that out of the way...
Im pretty sure that Sheik is Luigis worst match. Its mostly because of Luigi being anorexic and floats everywhere. Sheiks air game beats Luigis in speed/priority and since Luigi floats guess where he usually is o_O.
Sheiks Fair is also a major killer for weegee. The direction it sends you in is down and out, possibly the worst way he can get hit off the edge since his recover is mostly based on how high you are so that u can missile back to the stage.
About Ganon >.>...Yes he is a ***** to play...he is still big and slow and (IMO) relatively easily gimped...He has a BIG body with a predictable recovery. He is floaty(for a fat character) and can be combo'd pretty well in the air. "But what about his Fair!"...Its a *****. Nuff said.

jamrock

Smash Rookie
well i use both luigi and sheik....sheik use to be my main but then i switched to luigi....since my friend's main is mario...so now we the official mario brothers...i still use sheik tho....rarely tho...cause now i like luigi better...even if when he gets hit he slids across the stage....

Chri$tian Is @wesome

Smash Rookie
By far. Sheik can A. force Luigi to approach with needles. B. Bouncing fish over his fireballs. C. Get him off stage and take out his stock. In Smash 4 at least. Melee IDK.

Last edited:

MurphyPrime

Smash Journeyman
Oh ya, as a Melee Luigi main, Sheik's bouncing fish is one of the hardest things to deal with...

I can't think of what is harder to deal with in all of Melee....

:p

Top Bottom