• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Robin a Character That "People didn't know they wanted until it was shown to them?"

Foosedogg

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ponyhater123
Actually, yes. I only wanted Lucina but thought Robin could be cool. Their reveal pumped my hype level for Lucina over the roof, but also made me like Robin a lot more. Luckily I wasn't one of the people who got Awakening after this trailer. I got it after Ike was revealed.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
I think she totally is. He obviously was not one of the 2 popular FE chars (Chrom and Lucina). As a non-FE char player, it is easy to gauge the popular characters; I had not heard of him prior because he was not on anybody's lists.

Overall, I'm glad she's in. I'm looking into maining her because he's got a really cool gimmick. She's certainly the char I didn't know I wanted.

CharZane

Smash Apprentice
I think it's more that people thought Robin was a pipe dream that'd never happen... because of the fact that it was an avatar of sorts that was inclined to variation and all that. Then again, people also worried that Megaman would never happen, or that Villiager never could... Personally, I'd never expected that it'd happen until it did-- surprised me more than DHD or BowJow ever could... though, not, perhaps, Wii Fit Trainer.

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
When I first saw Robin in his trailer and on the site, my reaction was pretty much, "that's cool" and I moved on, not really too much interest after that.

Then I got the game, and I took every character into training and played a few matches, just to see what they're like and see if any of them stood out to me.

Within about thirty seconds after first using Robin, I was hooked, and he took his place on my short list.

Top Bottom