• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is removing L/R springs tournament legal?

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
I'm not entirely sure if controller mods are legal or not. What is the purpose of removing the springs?

81u3

Smash Rookie
I'm not entirely sure if controller mods are legal or not. What is the purpose of removing the springs?
Personally I like having no spring on my left trigger because I find it easier to power shield, wave dash, and l cancel. It makes the l button feel more like on of the face buttons (a or x or y or whatever), rather than squishy like they are normally. I leave the right trigger with a spring though incase I want to light shield (you can only full press with no spring).

Bones0

Smash Legend
Yes, it is legal and a relatively common mod. The other ones I have seen commonly used are removing rumble packs and replacing sticks with extra control sticks, C-sticks, or nunchuk sticks. Beyond these, you should ask the TO beforehand if your mod is allowed.

Top Bottom