• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Master Core here to stay?

WrappedInBlack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PyroJayBlack
3DS FC
1736-3220-0909
Do you think he will become a staple like the Hands?

(also anyone else think Master Core was created as the Final Boss for the Adventure mode that got cut during dev on the game... Note for those who don't know, early interviews suggested there was gonna be something like SSE back in like 2013...)

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I'd say so. Crazy hand was introduced in melee and we still see him at this point. Even Giga Bowser is still here (although only for final smash now). I can see this boss being in future smash games as well since they really try to make him more threatening than any bosses. It wouldn't surprise me if they added more phases in the next game.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Yeah, I'd say he's going to be a part of all future Smash games. (RIP Tabuu), simply because Classic mode is never going to be cut.

:231:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'd like to see them expand on the concept. We've got a giant, a beast, a sword, a fortress and a shadow to augment the heart of the thing, goodness only knows what else it could potentially do.

I still remember the first time I heard about Master Core. There was so much hype and terror at seeing this big world-ending abomination revealed for the first time, it was beautiful~

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Yeah, I'd say he's going to be a part of all future Smash games. (RIP Tabuu), simply because Classic mode is never going to be cut.

:231:
Hard to say at this point. However, Classic doesn't really feel classic in Smash Wii U; Smash 3DS was better with its Classic mode.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Only because he's related to the hands do I think it has a chance of sticking around. Most of the stuff from Subspace Emissary looks like it'll never see the light of day again (apart from trophies maybe)

D

Deleted member

I wish we do not. I hope we get something more creative next time around more Nintendoy but with a cool edge to it like Giga Bowser.

Last edited by a moderator:

Piedro

Smash Apprentice
I wish we do not. I hope we get something more creative next time around more Nintendoy but with a cool edge to it like Giga Bowser.
In my opinion master core and it's different forms are very creative and original
"oh i can transform into:
-a giant (in Your face Bowser)
-a beast (beat that Ganondorf)
-a set of blades (where is your Master Sword now, eh Link?)
-a clone of you (it even has your customs as well)
-A MONSTROUS ENORMOUS FORTRESS (smash run anyone?)"
and than its transforms into a harmless little ball; for one minute that is. and than it OH-KO's you.

Yup tottaly uncreative........... :happysheep:

derpcube

Smash Apprentice
In my opinion master core and it's different forms are very creative and original
"oh i can transform into:
-a giant (in Your face Bowser)
-a beast (beat that Ganondorf)
-a set of blades (where is your Master Sword now, eh Link?)
-a clone of you (it even has your customs as well)
-A MONSTROUS ENORMOUS FORTRESS (smash run anyone?)"
and than its transforms into a harmless little ball; for one minute that is. and than it OH-KO's you.

Yup tottaly uncreative........... :happysheep:
You can actually air dodge and ground dodge the shock waves. If you manage to dodge them all you still win.

Last edited:

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
You can actually air dodge and ground dodge the shock waves. If you manage to dodge them all you still win.
It's kinda wierd how powerful this guy is if his little ball form has enough power to KO you just from a single wave.

Last edited:
Top Bottom