• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Luigi spike good?

ELStalky

Smash Apprentice
I wish people would separate the terms "meteor" and "spike", i.e. stop calling meteors (- official game terminology btw -) spikes.

On the topic though: I think Luigi's meteor has the advantage that people usually do not even see it coming and thus fail to cancel or tech it, then again it's hard to hit in the first place which reduces its general usability.

STiCKYBULL3TZ

Smash Ace
NNID
STiCKYBULL3TZ
3DS FC
2036-9005-7675
It can be both good and bad.

Good
When used offstage it is usually unexpected are not often meteor cancelled.
When used onstage it is usually unexpected so it is not often teched

Bad
A lot of times the user doesn't expect to perform the meteor smash
Attempting to perform it as a meteor is not easy and I don't think the pros can even do it consistently mid-match
Can meteor at times when you can get a guaranteed KO off the side with Dair

proxibomb

Smash Clown
Fun fact: his taunt has a meteor at the ledge. This is pretty much useless unless you want to show off and get all the ladies. I did it once, on accident, when I thought I killed a Fox who was getting ready to up-b, and I actually meteoered him to his death.

Last edited:
Top Bottom