• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Luigi actually tournament viable?

Zelbertoad

Smash Cadet
Yes, but he is hard to master like any other melee character. Eddy Mexico, Vist, Vudujin,ROFL and Abate make strong cases for his strengths such as tech chasing and other things.

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
Most certainly, he just takes more time to master than most characters do. Make the most of his easy wavedashing.

Griffard

Smash Ace
Not only is Luigi viable, I think he is one of the most viable tournament characters in 2014 metagame. Tournament placings are all about skill anyways, I truly think if you're the most skilled player in the room and you play Luigi, you could and should win tournaments.

Verda Stelo

Smash Apprentice
I think it's always gonna be a stretch to say that Luigi is the most viable but Luigi is certainly looking like the most relevant mid tier right now.

Griffard

Smash Ace
I said ONE of dude.. his placements have been pretty legit lately. Hopefully with tournament results tracking we can get some more exact stats on how Luigis do in the current metagame, I'm pretty positive it's better this year than ever before.

BluEG

Smash Journeyman
He takes a stupid amount of dedication and technical precision to play well, but yes. Quite viable.

ELStalky

Smash Apprentice
He takes a stupid amount of dedication and technical precision to play well, but yes. Quite viable.
Agreed, and that is exactly why i am not a Luigi main. Really would like to but it's just too hard for me. (Not that Falcon is much/any better though...)

F-ric

Smash Cadet
I think that as others have posted, his tournament placement % is much higher than pretty much any of the mid-tiers and while he may not be an amazing character, is definitely solid.

Top Bottom