• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Leffen the best player yet?

Cylent

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cylent.x
I personally think yes, but I know some don't believe.
If Leffen stays undefeated all the way through Big House 5, can we call him the best then?

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
He is current #1 but not by a huge margin. People are always afraid to say because the answer changes almost every tournament. But he's easily #1 at the moment.

Last edited:

Raize

Smash Cadet
In my opinion Armada is the best and Leffen is second. Though if he wins TBH5 he'll probably be the best.

zero sum

Smash Apprentice
right now, yeah, leffen's the best. armada's results overall this year have been better but speaking recently i don't know how you can argue that leffen's not the best this summer unless you really prioritize evo for whatever reason. i will say that armada seems like he does better against ppmd and mango, though, whereas leffen seems to have armada's number. wtfox makes things interesting though; mango eliminated armada and was also 3-0ed by leffen. it's sort of difficult: they both seemed to be playing a lot sloppier than usual, especially armada, but mango just managed to clutch it out. i think it'll be interesting to see how the rest of 2015 pans out though and i think it'll be best to withhold judgments on who's best until tbh5.

Cylent

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cylent.x
right now, yeah, leffen's the best. armada's results overall this year have been better but speaking recently i don't know how you can argue that leffen's not the best this summer unless you really prioritize evo for whatever reason. i will say that armada seems like he does better against ppmd and mango, though, whereas leffen seems to have armada's number. wtfox makes things interesting though; mango eliminated armada and was also 3-0ed by leffen. it's sort of difficult: they both seemed to be playing a lot sloppier than usual, especially armada, but mango just managed to clutch it out. i think it'll be interesting to see how the rest of 2015 pans out though and i think it'll be best to withhold judgments on who's best until tbh5.
Yeah, that was my thought process as well, that if Leffen is still going strong by TBH5 then he probably deserves #1.

RWB

Smash Ace
Leffen is well on his way there, in any case. If he stays as strong as he performed this summer for the rest of the year, I don't think it can be argued. With that said, Armada has been strong the entire year, Leffen has had his ups and his downs.

I think we could think of Leffen as the "New Mango" in that sense. Both may possibly peak above Armada(debatable), but Armada has a significantly stronger lower level than either of them.

mgets

Smash Rookie
If he keeps getting salty and doesn't play at tournaments no. Can't believe he's actually thinking about not playing at paragon because he got 6-0d by m2k even though Leffen has barely practiced and was off yesterrday.

mrdoingboing

Smash Cadet
His losses to Hbox and M2K at Paragon were pretty convincing, but I still would probably give him the number 2 spot as long as he gets out of this slump soon. Leffen's lower levels of performance are quite frankly embarrassing for someone who claims nonstop that he's the best, but I don't doubt for a second that he would be able to beat any of the top players if he was playing in peak performance.

I feel like a big part of why Leffen rose to the top so quickly was because he studied all of the top players extensively while they didn't have as much of an incentive to pay as much attention to him while he was still on the come up. This would also explain why he struggles so much with players like Plup and SFAT, who Leffen didn't see any reason to really study and pick apart the same way he did with the top 5. Now that Leffen is among the best players and he's suddenly under a magnifying glass by every player and spectator alike, I honestly wonder if he will be able to convincingly be considered the best for a significant period of time. Hopefully he keeps things interesting and doesn't let these slumps become his new baseline performance.

Last edited:
Top Bottom