• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is it possible to light press wavedash in 3.6?

Dumpabump

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5258-0829-4421
I very recently downloaded 3.6 onto an SD card for my wii.

On 3.5 (WiFi Safe Hackless with the WiFi addon if it makes a difference. I do know you can't stage strIke and such with the addon), I'm able to wavedash without pressing L fully down (light press).

I booted up 3.6, went into training mode, and had to press down fully for the air dodge to come out.

What's up with that? Is there a way to fix this?

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
I very recently downloaded 3.6 onto an SD card for my wii.

On 3.5 (WiFi Safe Hackless with the WiFi addon if it makes a difference. I do know you can't stage strIke and such with the addon), I'm able to wavedash without pressing L fully down (light press).

I booted up 3.6, went into training mode, and had to press down fully for the air dodge to come out.

What's up with that? Is there a way to fix this?
There's not really any way to change that, it's a result of PM supporting a distinction between light presses and hard presses, which allows for stuff like WD OoS with one trigger, and L-cancelling without triggering the tech window.

The only way to change it is to use a controller with modded shoulder buttons.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
WiFi Safe version has light press airdodges; the full version does not and requires a full press. There's no way to "fix" it as that's how it's intended.

Dumpabump

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5258-0829-4421
WiFi Safe version has light press airdodges; the full version does not and requires a full press. There's no way to "fix" it as that's how it's intended.

Ahhhhhhh, okay that makes sense. Thank you for the response! I'll have to get used to it

PegasusKnt

Smash Apprentice
Where can I download the WiFI safe version for 3.6? I much prefer lightpress wavedashing. SO much easier on the hands...

Dumpabump

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5258-0829-4421
Where can I download the WiFI safe version for 3.6? I much prefer lightpress wavedashing. SO much easier on the hands...

Download 3.6, then when you boot it up, go to "Add ons" and download the "WiFi Addon". It allows you to light press wavedash, but you can no longer wave dash OoS while still holding a shield button

PegasusKnt

Smash Apprentice
I have 3.6, but when I go Addons it says "no addons are available". Do you see addons when you go into that menu?

PegasusKnt

Smash Apprentice
I did, yes. That's how I got the WiFi Addon.. idk, that's strange
Maybe there's something I'm missing about how to use addons. Is there some file or something which I need to put on my SD card in order to enable them?

zigheart

Smash Apprentice
technically it should be a really easy fix to remove "lightpress" from the full version, you just need to remove the lightpress code. pretty sure I have it documented somewhere, i'll post it when i find it.

Top Bottom