• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

is it just me????

hyperhopper

Smash Ace
i cannot recover with PK2 on the right side of any stage.

its just weird. im fine on the left! i just bounce off the right side of the stage and fall!

does anybody else suffer from this?

ChaosTheoryX

Smash Lord
its a glitch in the programming of all the walls on the right side. On the left side you are able to wall climb when lucas rides up any wall with pkt2, but if you are on the right side of the wall there is a glitch that causes lucas to bounce off instead of climbing up the wall. This pretty much means you have to be much more accurate when recovering on the right side

ChaosTheoryX

Smash Lord
no I lied you just suck....JK ^_^

well the reason the glitch is in here surpasses me. nintendo does a great job at play testing...just look at the range on snake's tilts....i mean if something like say the most broken hitbox of any game was in here..nintendo would definately catch it......

lil cj

Smash Lord
To prevent this from happening
just magnet pull or rope snake when on the right side:)
Its too risky to use PKT2

PhoenixAlpha

Smash Journeyman
To prevent this from happening
just magnet pull or rope snake when on the right side:)

Its too risky to use PKT2
fixed. LOL at ChaosTheory's comment.

While we're at it, let's discuss the part of playtesting that's
supposed to weed out infinite release grabs.

You think some blanket search could have been done.
Ok, who's grabs take this long?
Who's release animations are longer?

*feels cheated*

Levitas

the moon
I don't get why they thought making ness and lucas have longer animations was a good idea.

"OK guys, I just made an animation for ness and lucas's grab release"

"This is 10 frames longer than everyone elses"

"I could have sworn you said 40"

"whatever, just compile it and we'll call it a day"

PhoenixAlpha

Smash Journeyman
I don't get why they thought making ness and lucas have longer animations was a good idea.
I'm okay with Lucas having his disadvantages and even "hard" counters, but something like this is seriously just a critical flaw in design.

I don't care who you are: something like this does not contribute ANYTHING good to the game, this goes for Lucas, Ness, and Marth users.

And Charizard, but we all forget about him anyway! <3 Charizard

ChaosTheoryX

Smash Lord
well its not just realease chain grabs that are the problem. I have been grab released by the majority of the cast into some sort of smash (which killed me most of the time de to my high percentage) and there was nothing I could do about it.....it makes me a saaaad panda

c3gill

Smash Ace
.....it makes me a saaaad panda
That quote= good call. I'm Happy, the "Don't Do Stuff That Might Irritate Your Inner Ear" Badger!

Im kinda getting sick of some of the stupid generic Lucas Disadvantages. I am all about maining Lucas, but some of the.....

I'm okay with Lucas having his disadvantages and even "hard" counters, but something like this is seriously just a critical flaw in design.
or just read that.

Xyless

Smash Master

"OK guys, I just made an animation for ness and lucas's grab release"

"This is 10 frames longer than everyone elses"

"I could have sworn you said 40"

"whatever, just compile it and we'll call it a day"
Wario is worse.

MeLL0W

Smash Apprentice
Yeah Lucas is kinda screwed over because of said flaw gawd it sucks. As for being on topic id say don't PKT2 unless you really have to if your that bad with the right.

heytallman

CTALL
Pick up an alt XD

JK though. Grab releases do suck. I was talking with RoyR before a tournament recently, and I asked him if he was going to win. He says "Yes, of course I'll win! Are you going to win?" Knowing he was just joking I said "Hell yeah I'm gonna win!" He says "You going to use Lucas?" I was like "Yeah, of course I am. Grand finals, right here, you and me!"

He smiles and then says "I'm going to grab you."

Top Bottom