• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is it just me, or is this the most unbalanced SSB game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

link2702

Smash Champion
Its just you op. This smash is actually the most balanced in the series.

Sure its not perfect and there are some characters who lackluster as well as some who feel a little better, but just compare this smash's balance to brawls or melee's. No one so far has been shown to be ridiculously better than everyone else, and vice versa, nobody seems extremely underpowered compared to everyone else.

BBC7

Smash Ace
The balance between the characters seems to drop with every game that's made, and I find it sad. SSB is ruining their own series, I swear. Don't think they're unbalanced? I think I can easily make a list of the OP characters:

Bowser - The bowsercide is a cheap way to win, not to mention he's fast and powerful.
He's only fast when he runs, which is when he locks up his options. If he manages to approach, it's mainly because you let him.
Yoshi - Literally all you have to do to win a game is spam your dash attack, it's incredibly sad. He's incredibly agile, has great range and disables, and to top it all off can easily stack up damage.
If that's literally all you have to do, why I don't I just drop my main, pick up Yoshi, and become the next M2K? Oh right, because that's not literally all you have to do. He's strong, no doubt, but he's not THAT good.
Rosalina and Luma - I don't think I need to say anything here, just go against someone and use nothing but your B attack and you'll win.
R&L have been nerfed and without Luma, she's just glass for about 13 seconds/780 frames. Powerless, and extremely light.
Diddy Kong - Incredibly fast and damaging multi-hits, great recovery and great knockback.
Diddy has a lot of advantages. Recovery is not one of them.
Shiek - The priority of her attacks is insane, they're incredibly fast and powerful; what doesn't she have?
You could arguably be right here, but Sheik still dies early enough to be somewhat fair.
Ganondorf - He's not extremely OP, but if you are against a somewhat-competent one you'll instantly lose.
Only if you let him approach. The whole point is to stay away from Ganon before it rains for him.
Zero Suit Samus - I think we all know why.
Up B does kill early, but so can you, considering how light ZSS is. Also, you can spot-dodge her grab pretty easily and punish back. If she doesn't grab, she's wide open.
Little Mac - Fast, deals a ton of easy damage, impossible to dodge his hits, etc. Need I mention a KO punch?
Not impossible at all. His recovery is mediocre and everything he has forces him to get up close. Perfect Shield does wonders.
Falco - Spam your B attack, you become invincible and they end up dying.
Are we talking about the same game?
Lucario - He can 1-shot a Kirby with an uncharged smash when he is at 100%. Fair, right?
This is a specific MU, a character can't suddenly be OP because one character can't handle him. (If Lucario does indeed hard-counter Kirby)
Ness - Just spam PK fire to get them up to 100%, then walk up to them with your baseball bat.
How about getting out of PK Fire range if it's such a powerful tool?
Captain Falcon - Fast, quick, and powerful attacks, he's also pretty tanky.
His recovery isn't good though. Falcon can be as beefy as he wants, he's not coming back if gimped properly.
Lucina - A side-tilt deals about 18%, and her counter is insane.
Counter can be frame-trapped easily if that's your problem.
Shulk - I could make an essay as to why he's so unbalanced.
I doubt you can.

LordFluffy

Smash Apprentice
Its already been said a lot, but no only are a lot of your points personal problems, but even if everything was true, you'd have a very clear and large # of OP and thusly top tier characters.

as the game goes on we'll get a more definitive idea of which characters are the best and which ones are Viable in high level play, but right now i'm seeing even the characters considered the worst do very well. (For example, over here In B.C Big D With DDD and Wii Fit or anybody. guy is a monster) Many people are saying Diddy, Shiek ,Rosaluma ZSS Yoshi etc as the best of the best, but this game has only been out for a few months and so far i'm seeing way more variety of character viability than other smash games. we'll see how it goes but i don't think even remotely this is the most unbalanced.

Last edited:

Meta-Kraid

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-0411-8525
As a Shulk main, all I have to say is WHAT? The only cheap thing he has is his forward air spam, and with Shulk if you mess up once you're done. Shield is the only thing that keeps me from being brutally murdered after a punish. His counter is a hit or miss situation (mostly miss). Backslash is notoriously bad (especially considering how good it is in Xenoblade). From what I've seen from Shulk, I haven't put enough time or effort into maining him to be effective. Trust me you could write an essay about him being up not op.
Also why is ZSS so op? Is it her paralyzer gun? I think she's slightly overrated. She's top ten for sure, but top five? Heck no.

elitex12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elite X
3DS FC
5429-8241-5452
No it's not. Do some research on the topic and you'll find that Marth is objectively better in almost every way. It's only slightly subjective at low level play, which is completely irelevant as far as tier list and OP characters are concerned.
I mean personal feel. Some people find Lucina better due to the fact the damage is balanced throughout, where as most if not all of Marths power comes from the tip of the blade. I don't mean tier lists (which honestly feels forced as of now), I just mean that some people like Lucina over Marth, and vice versa.

Last edited:

Greda

Smash Journeyman
Everyone is saying "It's just you, OP" however, I'm the only one that agrees. Not to every detail, but to most points and characters. The 1.0.4 patch truly messed things up more than it should have, and we need at least a patch or two to truly bring justice to the game imo.

I'm on mobile, so I'm not going to go in depth on why I agree, but if anyone wants me to back up his/her points, by all means, shoot me.

Last edited:

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
"Rosalina and Luma - I don't think I need to say anything here, just go against someone and use nothing but your B attack and you'll win."

Wrong.
Unfortunately, Rosie's Neutral special is as easy to avoid as ArcFire

Darrylols

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0044-2880-7964
stop trying to sound like you are a professional in Smash (I admittedly agree I'm not) by typing out everything you saw in a Smash video today. Just saying.

Off Topic: The skin in your Minecraft character is very stereotypical and probably reveals your age.

BBC7

Smash Ace
Off Topic: The skin in your Minecraft character is very stereotypical and probably reveals your age.
If you click on his name, it reveals that he is a 13 year old male. I wish I could say something but I'm not much better, I'm a 15 year old that lied about his age to fake maturity.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
According to Fox and Meta Knight, it's just you. As long as Melee lives, there will never be a more broken game. You just suck. Hard, I might add.

PCHU

Smash Lord
According to Fox and Meta Knight, it's just you. As long as Melee lives, there will never be a more broken game. You just suck. Hard, I might add.
At least the higher tiers could be CG'd by lower tiers, not to mention they fell prey to combos in general; also, some lower characters like Samus and Luigi had the advantage of floatiness/unique mobility.
In Brawl, there was less of that and more of "This character is outright better in every way" since combos and attack strings were more tight in general, forcing lesser characters to remain in the neutral long enough to expose their general weaknesses.

It's not that the roster is unbalanced, you just need more practice with/against these characters.

This is probably the most balanced roster yet.

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
Bowser - The bowsercide is a cheap way to win, not to mention he's fast and powerful.
Yoshi - Literally all you have to do to win a game is spam your dash attack, it's incredibly sad.
Stopped reading after this.

In other words, it's just you. If anything, this is probably the most balanced, though that's not to say there are still characters that aren't very strong picks compared to others.

Ganondorf is still trash in Smash 4, too. Yeah, if you're bad and facing a competent player, you'll lose, obviously. I've played Ganon in For Glory and won a majority of matches with him.

Edit: Actually read some more, and to be blunt, let me just say you have no idea what you're talking about.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I think enough has been said on the matter by now.

I'll just add that visit the character discussion forum for advice on how to improve your play and not fall prey to these easily punishable tactics.

Locked.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom